Ehhhh....i Think I Screwed Up
JTaylor
Mar 12 2012, 12:11 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Okay, in a nutshell: I had my new guitar set up. I didn't care for the height of the action (too high) so I took it back. They were very nice and sat down with me, showing me the clearances it was set at and went over it with a fine tooth comb. It sounded great. They told me it probably felt too high because I have never played a guitar with jumbo frets. Late Saturday and Sunday, I just had to tweak it myself and see how low I could get it. Now it sounds like crap and I have no idea how to get it back where it should be. My pride and lack of money won't let me take it back to have it set up again. Any way to fix this on my own? If it matters, it has a Floyd Rose and the frets are compound radius (?). Not sure if that is the right terminology but the frets are higher in the middle (G and D strings) than on the sides (E strings).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:59 AM