Ballad Songwriting
Nazgul
Sep 17 2008, 06:36 PM
GMC:er
Hi there!

I have got a question about about writing a ballad: Is there any structure of how to make a ballad, like Intro, Vers, Refrain ... ? I know a good ballad can be worked out with lots of tries, I just want to know if there are any "advices", how ballads are structured normally.

Thanks for your help" smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Pedja Simovic
Sep 19 2008, 10:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nazgul @ Sep 17 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Hi there!

I have got a question about about writing a ballad: Is there any structure of how to make a ballad, like Intro, Vers, Refrain ... ? I know a good ballad can be worked out with lots of tries, I just want to know if there are any "advices", how ballads are structured normally.

Thanks for your help" smile.gif

Hey Nazgul,

I would recommend doing following things

1) Make a list of your 10 favorite ballads (at least)
2) Listen to them and analyze them
3) Sketch out the arrangement for each of them (Intro 8 bars drums, Verse 16 bars , Chorus 8 bars etc)
4) Figure out the harmony in them
5) Learn the melody and find its relation to harmony

After you have done this little project you will have many options for creating ballads.
Remember , you don't have to do 10 songs right away , do one and if that goes well do another one etc.

Hope I helped you out a bit.

Thanks smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 19 2008, 10:53 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 19 2008, 11:13 AM) *
Hey Nazgul,

I would recommend doing following things

1) Make a list of your 10 favorite ballads (at least)
2) Listen to them and analyze them
3) Sketch out the arrangement for each of them (Intro 8 bars drums, Verse 16 bars , Chorus 8 bars etc)
4) Figure out the harmony in them
5) Learn the melody and find its relation to harmony

After you have done this little project you will have many options for creating ballads.
Remember , you don't have to do 10 songs right away , do one and if that goes well do another one etc.

Hope I helped you out a bit.

Thanks smile.gif

That's a great idea smile.gif
I think it's very beneficial to do this as you can get a pretty good understanding of how ballads are made smile.gif
Thanks man!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:58 AM