2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Cantthinkofaname
Trond Vold
Nov 26 2008, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Here's yet another new finished song! smile.gif

This time the structure is more straightforward and it's "mostly" in 4/4, but as usual, no vocals.
I might have done a Death Magnetic with the production, but it's actually quite difficult to get a sound up to todays required loudness without clipping.

Anyhuu, hope ya'll like it and will drop off a comment smile.gif Be it good or bad.
Oh, and as the topic title implies.. i still need a name for it smile.gif

Attached File  openc.mp3 ( 7.38MB ) Number of downloads: 397

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 28 2008, 12:10 PM
GMC:er
Oh my, that is soo awesome!
Very cool riffing in intro, and i especially like chorus (or how i must name it) from 58 second! And pieces from 1-48 to 2-25 and 3-09 till 3-46 are veery tasty!! blink.gif and solo at 4-20 is just epic ohmy.gif
Wondering why are you aren`t famous yet? And sometimes you reminds me of Buckethead, sounds a bit similar, but that is a good thing, he`s a truly virtuoso:)
While writing this i`m listened to your song like already 4 times, and it doesn`t get boring, it even gets better with each new time i hear it:)
Maybe you should add some piano (synth) to your songs somehow? check this Pain-Not Afraid To Die, simple melody but mindblowing effect ohmy.gif
Going to learn some of your lessons right now laugh.gif
p.s.-can i use your song on my mp3?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 28 2008, 11:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Nov 28 2008, 12:10 PM) *
Oh my, that is soo awesome!
Very cool riffing in intro, and i especially like chorus (or how i must name it) from 58 second! And pieces from 1-48 to 2-25 and 3-09 till 3-46 are veery tasty!! blink.gif and solo at 4-20 is just epic ohmy.gif
Wondering why are you aren`t famous yet? And sometimes you reminds me of Buckethead, sounds a bit similar, but that is a good thing, he`s a truly virtuoso:)
While writing this i`m listened to your song like already 4 times, and it doesn`t get boring, it even gets better with each new time i hear it:)
Maybe you should add some piano (synth) to your songs somehow? check this Pain-Not Afraid To Die, simple melody but mindblowing effect ohmy.gif
Going to learn some of your lessons right now laugh.gif
p.s.-can i use your song on my mp3?

Thanks for the comment! biggrin.gif
Adding some synths/piano could work, but it's never been my strongest side so i usually use as little piano/synths as i can smile.gif

You mean your mp3-player? Offcourse you can smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kapto
Nov 28 2008, 11:45 PM
Man I just can't wait for you to release an album wink.gif
If you could pick a singer which one would be?

about the song. I love it I love most of your stuff+lessons
The songs feels like Anger/power/strength on one side and melody/easy going on the other. So to me a title that fits would be something like:

1-I can but I just don't want to
2-Just an illusion
3-Darkness from heaven
4-Free in my prison
Kind of.......... lol just to get the idea where I come from
Keep it rocking man

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 29 2008, 12:05 PM
Here are some my suggestions smile.gif
1) Breaking The Chains
2) Last Stand
3) Sailing To The Lair Of Twilight
4) Rise Of The Emperor (Emperor Rising)
5) Obtaining The Phantom Sword
6) Skylord
I thought in russian, so this maybe a bit incorrect =\ But i think it may help smile.gif
And about piano\synth - can you just try to play some melodies that you have recorded with guitar on piano and see what happens? And on guitar play harmonizing or some kind of arrangement ( you now this better biggrin.gif). One thing I now for sure, that in metal synth don`t play chords, it play melody or solo:)

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Nov 29 2008, 12:11 PM

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 29 2008, 12:15 PM
QUOTE (AlexLion @ Nov 29 2008, 12:05 PM) *
Here are some my suggestions smile.gif
1) Breaking The Chains
2) Last Stand
3) Sailing To The Lair Of Twilight
4) Rise Of The Emperor (Emperor Rising)
5) Obtaining The Phantom Sword

6) Skylord
I thought in russian, so this maybe a bit incorrect =\ But i think it may help smile.gif
And about piano\synth - can you just try to play some melodies that you have recorded with guitar on piano and see what happens? And on guitar play harmonizing or some kind of arrangement ( you now this better biggrin.gif). One thing I now for sure, that in metal synth don`t play chords, it play melody or solo:)

Where the hell do you get these kind of titles xD Obtaining the phantom sword..... what the deuce? Their fun but... obtaining the phantom sword just makes completely no sense to me.

Titles from me:
1)Light after dark.
2)Evil' s last stand
3)The final revalation

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Nov 29 2008, 12:28 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I really like this song. I can't think of anything I would change about it. It's definitely my favourite of all your songs. smile.gif

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Nov 29 2008, 12:48 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Nov 29 2008, 01:15 PM) *
Where the hell do you get these kind of titles xD Obtaining the phantom sword..... what the deuce? Their fun but... obtaining the phantom sword just makes completely no sense to me.

Titles from me:
1)Light after dark.
2)Evil' s last stand
3)The final revalation

biggrin.gif out of my head biggrin.gif yeah, they might suck a bit, but english is not my first language smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 29 2008, 12:49 PM
mine neither:D Im dutch! I liked the alst stand and breaking the chains alot:d

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Nov 29 2008, 01:21 PM
Perfect song man, from start to end... major win biggrin.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Nov 29 2008, 01:30 PM
Singing Instructor
Wow,as always amazing arrangements and playing.Guitars sounds great.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 30 2008, 01:03 AM
Instructor
Thanks alot guys! biggrin.gif .. and thanks for the title-suggestions smile.gif

My faves so far are "Skylord", "Light after Dark".. and also a combination of two of Kapto's suggestions: Prison Illusion smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kapto
Dec 1 2008, 03:33 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Nov 30 2008, 02:03 AM) *
Thanks alot guys! biggrin.gif .. and thanks for the title-suggestions smile.gif

My faves so far are "Skylord", "Light after Dark".. and also a combination of two of Kapto's suggestions: Prison Illusion smile.gif

But.........who would be your wish singer? What kind of vocals do you think would fit your music?

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 1 2008, 03:53 AM
Ahh this is so GARRRRR! Its great biggrin.gif

Title Suggestions: 1)Attracted To Your Rotting Flesh
2) Your Last Words
3) Escape from the who wide Vold. lol laugh.gif
4) Evil Lures
5.) She died on the horizon
6.) Brain Damage
7.) Loss of Feeling
8.) Stranger In Your Mind
9.) Internal Scars
10.) Beneath Your Skin

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 1 2008, 09:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kapto @ Dec 1 2008, 03:33 AM) *
But.........who would be your wish singer? What kind of vocals do you think would fit your music?

Mike Patton or Devin Townsend smile.gif But i'm open to anything really.. aslong as it's not metalcore-style growling

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Dec 1 2008, 03:53 AM) *

2) Your Last Words
4) Evil Lures
6.) Brain Damage
7.) Loss of Feeling
9.) Internal Scars
10.) Beneath Your Skin

Thanks smile.gif

Some good ones there smile.gif I liked nr 2 and 9 smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Dec 2 2008, 07:19 AM
I liked this one.
My suggestion for a name:
"Avoid the slugs" or "Never mind the slugs"

And "Don't go Magnetic" tongue.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 2 2008, 08:41 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Dec 2 2008, 07:19 AM) *
I liked this one.

Niiiiiiice Trond!! I like the song a lot.

And I think a bit om humor is great to show some distance and not taking oneself too seriously, I'd go for above "Avoid the slugs" laugh.gif a song about gardening? Rather than "Powerhouse metal killer devils sword last stand blood bath yeeeeah" wink.gif

+Quote Post
Oxac
Dec 2 2008, 08:47 AM
What about Norwegian Lobster?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 2 2008, 08:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Dec 2 2008, 07:19 AM) *
I liked this one.

Slugs are always a good thing to have in a title biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MickeM @ Dec 2 2008, 08:41 AM) *
Niiiiiiice Trond!! I like the song a lot.

And I think a bit om humor is great to show some distance and not taking oneself too seriously, I'd go for above "Avoid the slugs" laugh.gif a song about gardening? Rather than "Powerhouse metal killer devils sword last stand blood bath yeeeeah" wink.gif

Thanks!
And i agree smile.gif Funny, absurd and weird titles can make a song more interesting to give a listen to.

QUOTE (Oxac @ Dec 2 2008, 08:47 AM) *
What about Norwegian Lobster?

biggrin.gif
I'm more of a crab guy personally.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 2 2008, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Dec 1 2008, 03:53 AM) *

2) Your Last Words
4) Evil Lures
6.) Brain Damage
7.) Loss of Feeling
9.) Internal Scars
10.) Beneath Your Skin

You dont want to make the impression that your necropheliac do you:D

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:42 PM