4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Lessons Suggestions,improvements Etc!, Share your thoughts with me.
Crazyfret
Feb 12 2008, 03:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Are they too hard/too easy?

I think you have a good balance atm on pitching your lessons to people of various abilities. I know it takes a lot of work to do a beginer / intermediate / advanced lessons but it provides a good indicator of the players ability. I know you throw in a tricky passage here and there and they do take time to learn but thats how progress is made.

Well explained/bad explained?

Generally ok. Though I would perhaps like a bit more of a description when its ok to play outside a scale. My theory is not great I suppose, the last beginers fusion lesson looks like you are explaning this to us smile.gif

What do you think about topics I've been covering so far?

Excellent no complaints there.

Would you like some specific topic to be covered more?

mmm tough one...there is so much I need to know

Do you like features on my lessons?

I like the post poduction where the chord changes are shown.

What would YOU add or remove?

A downloadable version of the backing, I know there is an issue of copyright but it would be nice smile.gif

Some new ideas maybe?

Maybe an acoustic lesson? Finger picking style?

I think thats all I need to say other than to all the instructors that they maintain the high standards they have set themselves. Its a teriffic site this smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Feb 12 2008, 03:16 PM

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 12 2008, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I would love to say one day that your lessons are too easy smile.gif. I think everybody will find something suitable. I'm often not able to play some parts right now because there are to advanced, but it forces me to do an exercise out of this and in the meantime improvise/create something easier for this part ... which is a good concept i think.

Well explained in general!! There are always questions coming up at some point, but you are always available in the forum to give answers.
Maybe it could be good to prepare a related topic in the forum for each lesson, so that all questions and answers are combined in one thread. Perfect would be, if the link to these threads are integrated on the first page of each lesson as well.
(like DeepRoots mentioned ... it's something i would be interested in as well.)

Just great and a wide range to choose from!! The most i like is that all lessons have great backing tracks. Whatever topic the lesson is about i have the feeling i do music and beside working on skills i can hear the scales, arpeggios or chords in a musical context.

There are already more topics as i can handle, but i really like your latest Fusion Jam lessons. For my taste you could continue with that series. I find it really difficult to enter to the fusion world as the theory behind is of course more complex, but with your feel of melody i slowly see some open doors in front of me ... far away, but there is a light smile.gif

Yes, completes perfectly each lesson.

Just recently by working on your Fusion Jam lessons i was dreaming about a slower version .. backing track and guitar together. Maybe just a sound file. This would be an helpful guide sometimes.

Some new ideas maybe?
Sorry, no new ideas, i'm just happy like that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 12 2008, 04:03 PM
Instructor
sorry for the OFFTOPIC

QUOTE (chast @ Feb 11 2008, 08:56 PM) *
... I really can imagine that it's hard to explain in english, but Juan Valero also mastered it smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I disagree I speak really bad English !!!! XD well, this week I have another oportunity to do it again !!

Muris, I think your lessons are great, not only they have a good quality but also the topics you explain in each lesson are interesting and I can learn a lot with your work wink.gif

Of course: improvement are always posible

+Quote Post
MixFreak
Feb 14 2008, 11:46 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 11 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Since most of my colleagues have asked similar question now it's my turn. smile.gif

I would like to know your opinion on my lessons:
Some new ideas maybe?

Looking forward to hear your wise words in purpose
of improving quality of GMC,just like always!! smile.gif

I find the 40bpm Backing tracks extremely helpful. Or at least backing tracks that are approx. slowed to half of the performed lesson. That way as we are trying to learn the new materials...we can also simulate and get used to hearing the chord changes as we find our way. We really appreciate your hard work and willingness to share your experience with those of us wanting to play great as you do.
Mix Freak

--------------------
http://www.MixFreak.com

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 16 2008, 04:15 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I just want to say that in general, Muris, you have been an inspiration to me! I am happy to see all of your lessons. Some are too advanced for me, and I will put them to one side until I improve, but other lessons push me to be a cleaner more accomplished player, your various styles inspire me to play wider styles. Musris, you are a guitarists guitarist!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 16 2008, 11:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 16 2008, 04:15 AM) *
I just want to say that in general, Muris, you have been an inspiration to me! I am happy to see all of your lessons. Some are too advanced for me, and I will put them to one side until I improve, but other lessons push me to be a cleaner more accomplished player, your various styles inspire me to play wider styles. Musris, you are a guitarists guitarist!

Thanks Andrew and all of you guys for your inputs. smile.gif

Many great suggestions here,I'll have it all on my mind when making new lessons.!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Feb 16 2008, 01:54 PM
Well, I'm a begginner, and I'm not going to get any better at a technical standpoint just learning begginer lessons, So I think they are perfect and like Smells said, the speed burst pattern is hard at first, but once you get it down its easy to throw it down on any set of strings. And its easy to put into improv's.
Very well explained, never feel you leave out anything I could use.
Very cool, but you never have riffing or rhythm lessons, your mainly based on soloing. Mabye you could even do a rhythm one for each lesson like you have before then the lead. It helps boatloads seeing how you fit those notes in that chord in that amount of time and just how the track was composed more or less.
Would you like some specific topic to be covered more? Probably riffing. Metal stuff, more acoustic stuff. And mabye in the style of steve lukather 2?
Yep

Nothing.
Some new ideas maybe?
Mentioned up there ^.

tj

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Feb 16 2008, 01:54 PM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 16 2008, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Riffing+lead serials,you got it TJ. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 16 2008, 04:28 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 16 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Riffing+lead serials,you got it TJ. smile.gif

awesome new lesson btw muris wink.gif Wouldnt mind a brief explanation of why you chose those scales together though.

Im really gonna practise this one till my guitar breaks or my fingers fall off

Thanks alot!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 16 2008, 04:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 16 2008, 04:28 PM) *
awesome new lesson btw muris wink.gif Wouldnt mind a brief explanation of why you chose those scales together though.

Im really gonna practise this one till my guitar breaks or my fingers fall off

Thanks alot!

Glad you like it,thanks!! smile.gif

I thought I explained it in text in slow videos
but if you have any additional questions please feel free to ask,
maybe in theory sub-board?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Feb 18 2008, 07:16 PM
It is the perfect mix, so just keep the same mix. Beginner lesson are always good, as many new / potential members may never have the nerve to ask.

I would always like more talking, but that just me. The talking just makes it seem more personal.

Perfect, why I joined GMC. AP 1, etude and pent sub marked a few areas I needed help when I joined. I am a very happy customer.

Would you like some specific topic to be covered more? .
I would like to see more info on picking attacks. I myself have improved greatly in the last month due to me concentrating only on my picking. Not to build speed but to build accuracy while staying relaxed. My problem was partially due to not playing relaxed at slow speeds. So as I went to a faster tempo where being relaxed is more important, I fell apart.

Do you like features on my lessons? I love it all! The chords are very nice in understanding why it sounds like it does. I love how there is usually something in the backing going at the speed for with we are to pick. Love that man.

What would YOU add or remove? Nothing should be removed, but there should be a slower backing for Pent sub lesson. I know it is an older lesson but I still hit it a couple times. I can practice lessons for hours on end, once I get to where I can play with one of the backings but It is a tad boring to only be able to use a metronome. The more backing tracks the better. On some lesson on GMC the backings are still too fast. IMO

I would love a lesson like AP 1 but where I can play with you at a slower speeds. There is nothing more educational, for me, than to play along with your instructor. Every missed note stands out so much more. I feel that playing with someone in tandem helps capture the original feel to the song or riffs more. Helps more with the timing and correct bends/vib

Some new ideas maybe? MORE AP. wink.gif More lessons about acceleration and maybe, deceleration.

AP 1 is still by far my favorite but the etude has taught me more than any lesson so far. It is truly about picking attack. I feed off lessons like that.

Thanks Muris. You can never leave GMC
smile.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Feb 18 2008, 07:28 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 19 2008, 12:24 PM
Instructor
Many thanks,more talking coming right up!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 21 2008, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Seems like we've managed to solve the issue called "more talking". wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Feb 21 2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah!
And it's fantastic!

I think that your lessons are awsome,
and so well constructed and thought
that if someone really wants to "study" them
he/she can always learn something
that goes beyond mere playing and imitating.
But an idea came to my mind practicing your Mixolydian Riffing lesson:
maybe you could do the same thing for the other modes as well?
Like: Dorian Riffing lesson with Dorian Solo (beginner-intermediate-advanced)
Phrygian Riffing lesson with Phrygian Solo lesson (beg.-int.-adv.) and so on...
All of them in A like your Mixo lesson.
I think it would really be cool and very helpful...
Oh, yes! Don't you dare leave us, ever!

Cheers, Eddie

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 21 2008, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Of course Eddie,I'm planning do to similar serials with other modes for a while,
thanks for reminding me! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Mar 10 2008, 08:15 AM
hey muris

sorry for the recent pm........i didnt catch the post about pms ,,,woops my bad......but at any rate i think your lessons are great........and everything is well explained...........I realy like the different speeds of the backing tracks.......On the part about more talking.......well lets just say im more of a less talk and more playing type of guy.not that talking is bad or anything laugh.gif that just came out all wrong lol..but i think the lessons would be fine ither way...with or without verbal explainations

But i do have a lesson request............a timeing lesson for tapping and alternate picking combined...Im in need of one mainly cause i cant seem to get the hang of comeing out of a tapping lick into a scale pattern run without my timeing falling all apart.............and you are flawless at it............thought you might want to share your ability so we could all learn.........a lesson like the one you did with alternate picking..........with 8th notes and 16th notes and 32 notes.. that would be great........thanks........

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 10 2008, 01:12 PM
Instructor
Tapping and picking combined timing lesson,you've got it. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
AnyJimmy
May 3 2008, 08:27 PM
Hi Muris !

I too think that your lessons are awesome.. some of them a bit above my league, but i like having somthing to aim for:D

As for a lesson request, i already made this one in the forum, but some Eric Mongrain style laptapping would also be brilliant! biggrin.gif

And thats about it, keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 3 2008, 09:53 PM
Instructor
Hi smile.gif

Must admit,haven't heard of Mongrain before unsure.gif

Gonna google it right now!

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
AnyJimmy
May 3 2008, 10:01 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 3 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Hi smile.gif

Must admit,haven't heard of Mongrain before unsure.gif

Gonna google it right now!

Cheers smile.gif

Well, if you havent already found it, here's a link to one of his finest performances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbndgwfG22k

Also, i kinda figured you knew everything when it comes to guitarplaying/players biggrin.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:16 PM