Why I Play Guitar
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 17 2014, 10:06 PM
GMC Founder

Why do YOU play guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 18 2014, 06:57 AM
Learning Tone Master
Great to hear you talking about what it means guitar in your life. Awesome and funny video smile.gif

Now, why I play guitar...hmmm...I have many reasons. The first one and the most important for me is because the sound of electric guitar gives me an amazing mood. I can't describe in words but in the moment when I hear a “crying guitar” playing I don't care if I will die tomorrow, I live that moment at maximum.
Other reasons:
- I grew up listening to my father playing at guitar. I always fall asleep on his guitar sounds. After he died, I missed this thing very much.
- I wanted to learn the second instrument but in the same way like the first one, not just for a hobby level. Damn...it’s a long way until then tongue.gif
- 2 years and 5 months ago before to buy my guitar I became obsessed by Andy Timmons style of playing. Was that moment when learning to play at guitar became a must for me. Every day I start to have the same wish: to learn how to transmit emotions with my playing and my music.
- guitar makes me very, very, very happy

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Dec 18 2014, 07:04 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 18 2014, 08:49 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks Monica, it sure sounds like the guitar has a very important role in your life - just like for me. Be sure to cherish it! We might not always realise it, as GMC is all about guitar - but just having a healthy activity which makes us happy is a rare luxury.

So if you have the same problem as me - where getting time do the things you love is your biggest problem. Then you are damn lucky! =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 18 2014, 09:12 PM
Instructor
As always...excellent topic and execution as a video presentation smile.gif In my case it was simple and funny. My fahter had a bike when I was a child. I believed he will give it to me one day. But...he sold it and bought guitar. I thought "Damn it" (or whatever a child at age 8 can say to replace it wink.gif )...so next year I simply went to the music school biggrin.gif

My father was clever (I have figured it out years later wink.gif ). He gave me to a piano lessons instead of guitar. I've hardy made it to finish 1 year od education. I wanted to pass. Somehow he made stay there and proposed a change of instrument. I was a love from the first sight that last 20 years now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 18 2014, 09:40 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks, and it's awesome to hear how supportive your dad was. I hope I'll be able to do smart stuff like that for my kids as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Dec 19 2014, 12:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
why, to get chicks of course! laugh.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 19 2014, 01:33 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 18 2014, 04:09 PM) *

That's why I decided to 'get good' when I was about 13 or 14 - seriously.

+Quote Post
Osedmen
Dec 19 2014, 03:12 AM
GMC:er

cool! i play the guitar to forget problems smile.gif

--------------------
.:: Colombian fingerstyle guitar player ::.

.:: Now available on iTunes - Spotify - Amazon - Deezer - rhapsody and more ! ::.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lone-spirit/id1057969440

https://open.spotify.com/album/2SALF0jTOJgZD57nl3A4QO

.:: Did you watch my first videoclip? ::.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IClzXkQI8E

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 19 2014, 10:22 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Dec 19 2014, 12:09 AM) *

QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 19 2014, 01:33 AM) *
That's why I decided to 'get good' when I was about 13 or 14 - seriously.

It's funny but I never did this, in spite of my videos joking about it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hciqch3s9ag).

I have probably always been a little shy about my playing, and I never really liked to play in front people... I mostly play for myself, like it's a private thing. And yes I do see there is a 'slight' contradiction when I upload videos in public of my playing! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Osedmen @ Dec 19 2014, 03:12 AM) *
cool! i play the guitar to forget problems smile.gif

Guitar playing is therapy for sure. I find it can not only make you stop thinking about problems, but it can also trigger your mind to think of solutions (subconsciously). I guess no matter how you look at it, this activity which we're so heavily involved with - is good for you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:50 PM