Ola Englund Joins Six Feet Under, Nicely Done!
Todd Simpson
May 22 2012, 10:17 PM
GMC:er
For those of you who have run across this spiff Swedish guitar gear Nerd/Riff Monster on youtube, you may already know that OLA ENGLUND has joined SIX FEET UNDER. However, if you are really not in to Death Metal/Chug/7 Strings guitars, you could probably care Less what an "ola" is or where he is buried smile.gif

Here is the Blabbermouth.net article.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe...wsitemID=174332

\He does some great gear test vids. Here is a vid of him demoing the KEMPER PROFILING HEAD (It can sound literally like any head on earth via proprietary sampling/profilng so it's essentially every head on earth in one box, kinda spiff eh? )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 23 2012, 08:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 22 2012, 11:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
He was in some swedish web newspaper/blog describing his sucess on youtube and how he did it.
Other than that I dont know much about him, Im not so into metal so that might be the reason.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 23 2012, 01:18 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hopefully he can bring some fresh new tones to these guys. I respect SFU but its gone down a bit as they progress.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 23 2012, 06:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I prefer his own material in Feared than the music of Six Feet Under. Not that there is anything wrong with their music wink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 23 2012, 08:01 AM
Instructor
I'm not a SFU fan at all, but this dude is amazing and if he enjoys this, hail to him smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 23 2012, 08:36 AM
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 22 2012, 06:08 PM) *
He was in some swedish web newspaper/blog describing his sucess on youtube and how he did it.
Other than that I dont know much about him, Im not so into metal so that might be the reason.

Probably because he's Swedish smile.gif Yeah, that was kinda the reason I was sharing this bit of info. I'm not a huge fan this band at all, just thrilled to see a guitar player who started out on youtube (like many of us including myself) doing videos and managed to turn it in to something. The "Turning it in to something" is one of the hardest things one can pull off in this life IMHO. By comparison, practicing for decades seems almost like a vacation to me. Breaking through the WALL OF NOISE on the internet/youtube is something of a skill all it's own for folks trying to do it with musical skill and not with something like exploding cakes, or semi dressed gals. Of course those things work. But Ola has just played guitar, reviewed gear and generally been a good guy. I"m really happy for him and his family. He has a wife and young baby as well.

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 23 2012, 03:01 AM) *
I'm not a SFU fan at all, but this dude is amazing and if he enjoys this, hail to him smile.gif

Me either, not a fan by any stretch. Again, only sharing it as props to a guy who pulled himself up by his boot straps from nothing to some spiff Endorsement deals (custom 7 string guitars, duncan pickups, etc.), massive youtube/blog following and now a spot in a real touring band of some reputation on a respectable Metal Label. Never sold out, never gave in, Huge props.

QUOTE (Mudbone @ May 23 2012, 01:16 AM) *
I prefer his own material in Feared than the music of Six Feet Under. Not that there is anything wrong with their music wink.gif

I really don't own any of his material so I"m not a fan or anything. But it seems that's how the post was taken. I have watched his youtube vids for some time an respect his ability as a player and more over his ability to come out of nowhere to gain a following and a slot in a band with some street cred, an actual record deal, and an honest to goodness European Tour. We should all have such good fortune smile.gif But he really did earn it. You know what they say, we make our or own luck, or our own excuses.

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 22 2012, 08:18 PM) *
Hopefully he can bring some fresh new tones to these guys. I respect SFU but its gone down a bit as they progress.

Hopefully he can stay Pro now that he has made the switch. He has a wife and child to support so it won't be easy. But God Bless him for showing that you can turn a youtube channel with guitar vids in to a full time music gig with signed band.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 23 2012, 08:37 AM

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 23 2012, 01:59 PM
It almost sounds like no one likes SFU. laugh.gif Not that I'm any different. I'm glad he got the spot, I believe he deserves it. He does a ton as is for guitarists. He has a ton of amp videos and almost gets his tone in every single one to show it can play that style no matter the cost of it. If you have a question about an amp, gear, or recording. There is a pretty good chance he will reply to it, which is always nice to see someone connect with fan.

The only other person I know who does stuff like that is a rapper in the States named MC Chris. He always talks to his fans, answers questions does live videos. He donates and sells stuff on eBay to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.

But with that being said. I rarely spend cash on music because I can just listen to it on internet radio. But those are 2 people I actually buy merch from to support them, because to me they deserve it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 23 2012, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
How old is he btw

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 11 2012, 06:55 PM
Tone Seeker

This guy just got a signature amp !!

Prototype amp in the video but real deal coming 2013.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jun 11 2012, 06:56 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2012, 03:55 AM
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 23 2012, 05:05 PM) *
How old is he btw

Good question. I think he is in his late 20s but I'm not sure. He is married and has a young baby with his wife. So he is a family man as well as a Metal Head smile.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jun 11 2012, 01:55 PM) *

This guy just got a signature amp !!

Prototype amp in the video but real deal coming 2013.

Nice! Ola is KRANKING! Great to see him doing well. I was watching his vids quite some time ago thinking he was just a nice guy from Sweden who like making amp videos. I didn't realize he even had a band til much later which was called FEARED.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 12 2012, 11:41 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 11 2012, 10:55 PM) *
Good question. I think he is in his late 20s but I'm not sure. He is married and has a young baby with his wife. So he is a family man as well as a Metal Head smile.gif

Nice! Ola is KRANKING! Great to see him doing well. I was watching his vids quite some time ago thinking he was just a nice guy from Sweden who like making amp videos. I didn't realize he even had a band til much later which was called FEARED.

Ola was born in 81' , so roughly 31/32. Don't forget his bull terrier, such a cute little thing.

He also has another band called Scarpoint. They both sound pretty much the same. A total of I think 4 cds between his 2 bands. Which I enjoy also.

I can't wait to see the price on this monster amp. Him and Mike Fortin both say it will be a lot cheaper than the original. So I'm think in the $2k ballpark, just means start saving now for me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 12 2012, 06:09 PM
Learning Roadie
I definitely enjoy listening to Ola. I am subscribed to him on YouTube. The only reason I haven't bought his stuff is because I was afraid there might be language in it. I wish I could find some lyrics to his newest album: remastered version of 2012. Definitely killer playing and was blown away when I saw his video yesterday of getting his own signature amp. I was like, Man, he's movin' up! But this joining a well-known band is really a big step! I hope he makes the right decisions and doesn't neglect his family. I know that will be a strain on the relationship on his touring and recording.

Brandon

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 13 2012, 09:37 AM
Learning Roadie
He posts over at Rig-talk.com

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 13 2012, 09:42 PM
I vote we bring him on as an Instructor smile.gif Would make some great lessons on rythm/right hand work, maybe some tutorials on leveraging social media etc. I love seeing guys build up from zero and make it in to something. Very inspiring smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 14 2012, 06:46 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 13 2012, 03:42 PM) *
I vote we bring him on as an Instructor smile.gif Would make some great lessons on rythm/right hand work, maybe some tutorials on leveraging social media etc. I love seeing guys build up from zero and make it in to something. Very inspiring smile.gif

Oh dude! It would be a dream!! to have him aboard. Between him and Cosmin - my oh my - I could tear up that Drop A!! Ola has some interesting lines to follow with that chuggin. What do we have to do to make it happen? Of course, it's up to Kris. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2012, 10:06 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 14 2012, 01:46 AM) *
Oh dude! It would be a dream!! to have him aboard. Between him and Cosmin - my oh my - I could tear up that Drop A!! Ola has some interesting lines to follow with that chuggin. What do we have to do to make it happen? Of course, it's up to Kris. wink.gif

Good question. I'll email Bogdan and see what he thinks?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2012, 08:35 AM
There are some parallels between JUSTIN BEIBER and OLA ENGLUND! (Believe it or not)

JUSTIN BEIBER
(Satan's Spawn)
*Started on Youtube
*Got discovered by someone (American Rapper/Producer)
*Went on tour
*Made Millions

OLA ENGLUND
(Satan's Rythm Guitar Player)
*Got discovered by someone (No, not by Satan, by SIX FEET UNDER, close but not the same)
*Went on tour
*Made enough money to buy new strings.

Just had to add this to the Ola thread smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 18 2012, 08:35 AM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jun 22 2012, 08:42 AM
Tone Seeker
F***ING FINALLY !!

Those two together ohmy.gif

Whats out for neck injury (for serious headbanging)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 22 2012, 05:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jun 22 2012, 02:42 AM) *
F***ING FINALLY !!

Those two together ohmy.gif

Whats out for neck injury (for serious headbanging)

Yeah, i JUST saw this! Awesome!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:23 AM