Another Man Of The Blues, Detroit Blues
DetroitBlues
Jan 5 2013, 04:16 AM
GMC:er
I'm DetroitBlues, the new kid on the block, and the old soul of the blues coming to you all fine people from Detroit. (Troy actually, but it's close enough for horse shoes and handgrenades). Looks like this place is the biggest best kept secret on the web. I'm very thankful to have been invited here.

Little bit of background on me, I started playing guitar at 14, on and off for the next 18 years. A relative of mine plays and the bug bit me hard shortly after playing with him. Bought a Epi Les Paul and fell I love with the blues. Tried to learn as much as could. Jammed with some coworkers and with their encouragement, I joined a band. Now I'm the lead guitarist in a local Blues Band, The Detroit Blues Crew. It's a fun ride, filled with its ups and downs. But it's the blues, no one said it was easy.

My primary axe is a 2001 American Standard Stratocaster with Dimarzio Area pickups. I also play an Epiphone Dot Deluxe with Seth Lover humbuckers and a partsocaster Stratocaster I've named the Detroit Bluescasters. My main amp is a Fender Blues Junior NOS with BillM mods. My effects include Dunlop Crybaby GCB95F Classic, Visual Sound Angry Fuzz, Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Super Chorus, and a DeltaLabs Digital Delay. I've had many higher end guitars and amps, but I stuck with what feels and sounds right. I don't need a $5,000 guitar or 100watt full stack to play the blues. I've got what works for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Epitaph on a blues musician’s tombstone: “I didn’t wake up this morning”... DAVY KNOWLES
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 5 2013, 01:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (DetroitBlues @ Jan 5 2013, 04:16 AM) *
I'm DetroitBlues, the new kid on the block,

am confused , do you like blues or new kids on the block
sorry , couldn't resist
you will probably enjoy this

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Ivan-Milenkovic/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2013, 04:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 5 2013, 12:17 PM) *
sorry , couldn't resist

Such a nice introduction! Welcome mate! Please let us know if you need some recommendations regarding blues lessons around here and in general, if you have any questions, please don't be shy smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Andre Nieri
Jan 5 2013, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (DetroitBlues @ Jan 5 2013, 03:16 AM) *
I'm DetroitBlues, the new kid on the block, and the old soul of the blues coming to you all fine people from Detroit. (Troy actually, but it's close enough for horse shoes and handgrenades). Looks like this place is the biggest best kept secret on the web. I'm very thankful to have been invited here.

Little bit of background on me, I started playing guitar at 14, on and off for the next 18 years. A relative of mine plays and the bug bit me hard shortly after playing with him. Bought a Epi Les Paul and fell I love with the blues. Tried to learn as much as could. Jammed with some coworkers and with their encouragement, I joined a band. Now I'm the lead guitarist in a local Blues Band, The Detroit Blues Crew. It's a fun ride, filled with its ups and downs. But it's the blues, no one said it was easy.

My primary axe is a 2001 American Standard Stratocaster with Dimarzio Area pickups. I also play an Epiphone Dot Deluxe with Seth Lover humbuckers and a partsocaster Stratocaster I've named the Detroit Bluescasters. My main amp is a Fender Blues Junior NOS with BillM mods. My effects include Dunlop Crybaby GCB95F Classic, Visual Sound Angry Fuzz, Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Super Chorus, and a DeltaLabs Digital Delay. I've had many higher end guitars and amps, but I stuck with what feels and sounds right. I don't need a $5,000 guitar or 100watt full stack to play the blues. I've got what works for me.

Welcome to GMC, mate! Hope you enjoy our lessons!

I'm a lot into blues nowadays and seriously considering approaching this subject in next videos!

Your rig must sounds awesome! Don't you have any recordings available ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DetroitBlues
Jan 5 2013, 10:36 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 5 2013, 12:17 PM) *
sorry , couldn't resist

Can't I be both? Lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Epitaph on a blues musician’s tombstone: “I didn’t wake up this morning”... DAVY KNOWLES

+Quote Post
DetroitBlues
Jan 5 2013, 11:07 PM
QUOTE (Andre Nieri @ Jan 5 2013, 05:56 PM) *
Welcome to GMC, mate! Hope you enjoy our lessons!

I'm a lot into blues nowadays and seriously considering approaching this subject in next videos!

Your rig must sounds awesome! Don't you have any recordings available ?

Here are some links, check them out.

Profile Page Link:
http://www.reverbnation.com/detroitbluescrew

Songs:
http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/2497966

Show Schedule:
http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_shows/2497966

Videos:
http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_videos/2497966

Photos:
http://www.reverbnation.com/page_object/pa..._photos/2497966

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2013, 11:07 PM
GMC Founder
You can be the 'blue kid on the block' - welcome DetroitBlues smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 5 2013, 11:34 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2013, 08:09 AM
Instructor
I just listened to your songs on Reverbnation man! Very good! It sounds very bluesy in the best of ways - I felt like listening to an old radio playing blues biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2013, 10:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Detroit blues!! Welcome to GMC! I read your introduction and I felt curious about that visual sound pedal, I'm a big fan of these pedals and I must say that this one sounds very rocker!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DetroitBlues
Jan 7 2013, 03:49 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 6 2013, 09:38 PM) *
Hi Detroit blues!! Welcome to GMC! I read your introduction and I felt curious about that visual sound pedal, I'm a big fan of these pedals and I must say that this one sounds very rocker!! biggrin.gif

The Visual Sound is a great pedal. I had a Joyo Ultimate Drive (Full Tone OCD clone), that was true-bypass but had a lot of noise in my pedal chain. The VS can be very loud, the fuzz goes from normal OD/Dist to all out Fuzz, it has a buffered bypass, but inserts no noise. I'm still working on the Octave effect, can't really tell its there yet.

This post has been edited by DetroitBlues: Jan 7 2013, 03:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2013, 05:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DetroitBlues @ Jan 7 2013, 11:49 AM) *
The Visual Sound is a great pedal. I had a Joyo Ultimate Drive (Full Tone OCD clone), that was true-bypass but had a lot of noise in my pedal chain. The VS can be very loud, the fuzz goes from normal OD/Dist to all out Fuzz, it has a buffered bypass, but inserts no noise. I'm still working on the Octave effect, can't really tell its there yet.

It's great to know it! Thanks for the info mate! Have you tried Route 66 by Visual Sound?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 6 2013, 09:38 PM) *

Somehow, it makes me think of Soundgarden - the guy playing it sure does have some affinity towards them smile.gif Great tone nonetheless !

+Quote Post
DetroitBlues
Jan 19 2013, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 7 2013, 04:24 PM) *
It's great to know it! Thanks for the info mate! Have you tried Route 66 by Visual Sound?

No, but it's next on my list.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VikingBlues
Jan 20 2013, 03:06 PM
Hello from a slightly newer member on the forum. smile.gif

I also play an Epiphone Dot Deluxe with Seth Lover humbuckers and a partsocaster Stratocaster

Nice choice of pickups - particularly for blues - they work great with semi-acustics too! cool.gif
And every blues player should have a Partsocaster.

I've had many higher end guitars and amps, but I stuck with what feels and sounds right. I don't need a $5,000 guitar or 100watt full stack to play the blues. I've got what works for me.

Quite right - 110% with you on that - whatever channels the blues is what you need.

These Visual Sound pedals look interesting - and seem to punch very well for their price level. Though I've only just managed, after going through 6 overdrive pedals in the last year, to find one that really suits me. Maybe leave further investigation of the pedals till next time I get a GAS attack ..... probably in an hour or two! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Still learning guitar - always will be learning.

My Soundclick

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 20 2013, 03:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DetroitBlues @ Jan 19 2013, 03:25 PM) *
No, but it's next on my list.

hehe great decision!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:56 PM