2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Short Trip To Belgium
Fran
Jan 27 2011, 08:38 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi guys,

It's time for my yearly mini-trip to Belgium wink.gif

Just a short note for our wikiers and any other member interested in our wiki activities, I'll be away for the weekend until Sunday, so feel free to contact me through PM as usual if you have any ideas/doubts regarding our wiki, and I'll be happy to get back to you as soon as I get back!

See you guys in a couple days smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fre
Jan 27 2011, 08:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Where are you going to?
Have lot's of fun man!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 30 2011, 04:19 PM
I'm back smile.gif

Visited Gent & Brussels. Both were great, as usual cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Fre
Jan 30 2011, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
I live really close to Gent. It's a great city. What did you do?

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 31 2011, 10:13 AM
We visited several awesome beer taverns, including that one that has the biggest Kwak glass in the world, had dinner in Amadeus (love those ribs), and took some pics around the city. It was the light festival, one of the towers had smoke and lights like it was on fire. Pretty cool smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Shime
Feb 7 2011, 02:10 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 31 2011, 10:13 AM) *
We visited several awesome beer taverns, including that one that has the biggest Kwak glass in the world, had dinner in Amadeus (love those ribs), and took some pics around the city. It was the light festival, one of the towers had smoke and lights like it was on fire. Pretty cool smile.gif

Hey man, I only saw this now. I live in Gent. Next time PM me and we'll discuss guitars over a glass of Orval! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 8 2011, 10:24 AM
Sure thing mate cool.gif You are lucky to live in such a beer-paradise wink.gif

Have you been to that "world beer" or "planet beer" store that is next to the Delirium Tremens? I was amazed. Hadn't seen so many different bottles together ever! Yummy cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2011, 12:04 PM
Instructor
World Beer Stores ? Old Taverns ? I think Belgium needs to be my next destination !!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fre
Feb 8 2011, 12:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 8 2011, 12:04 PM) *
World Beer Stores ? Old Taverns ? I think Belgium needs to be my next destination !!! tongue.gif

Let me (or us) know when you come, mate!

+Quote Post
Shime
Feb 9 2011, 08:49 AM
QUOTE (Fran @ Feb 8 2011, 10:24 AM) *
Sure thing mate cool.gif You are lucky to live in such a beer-paradise wink.gif

Have you been to that "world beer" or "planet beer" store that is next to the Delirium Tremens? I was amazed. Hadn't seen so many different bottles together ever! Yummy cool.gif

Yeah there's so much still to discover, I don't even know all Belgian beers by name. For the moment I stick to 10-or-so really good ones I know after years and years of tasting. biggrin.gif

Belgian beers are the best, and Gent owns! cool.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Feb 9 2011, 10:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
We should have regular GMC gettogethers! Why not start in Belgium?

H4H

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2011, 10:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Feb 9 2011, 09:04 AM) *
We should have regular GMC gettogethers! Why not start in Belgium?

H4H

Sounds good to me ! Bit by bit we'll start edging our way from Belgium, through the Nederlands up to Scandanavia..... poor Kris !!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fre
Feb 9 2011, 01:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Shime @ Feb 9 2011, 08:49 AM) *
Yeah there's so much still to discover, I don't even know all Belgian beers by name. For the moment I stick to 10-or-so really good ones I know after years and years of tasting. biggrin.gif

Belgian beers are the best, and Gent owns! cool.gif

Gent does own! We should meet once when I come to Gent. I live in Dendermonde.
I love Vedett for pils. And Duvel ofcourse. But, I should try Orval more.

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Feb 9 2011, 06:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 9 2011, 10:13 AM) *
Sounds good to me ! Bit by bit we'll start edging our way from Belgium, through the Nederlands up to Scandanavia..... poor Kris !!! tongue.gif

Cool, I'm planning to end up in Scandinavia sooner or later anyway. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2011, 12:30 AM
You are a lucky man Fran smile.gif Do you go just for kicks? Nice vacation but brief for such a big jaunt?

Todd

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 10 2011, 11:03 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 10 2011, 12:30 AM) *
You are a lucky man Fran smile.gif Do you go just for kicks? Nice vacation but brief for such a big jaunt?

Todd

Yeah, just for kicks smile.gif
Me and a friend go every year, it's like a tradition hehe. Plane takes just a couple hours to get there and it's a cheap airline.
Taking into account I love beer, chocolate and fries, I cannot imagine a better place to visit again and again tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
El Marto
Apr 29 2011, 02:45 PM
Next time you're in Gent, you should go to the Backdoor. It's a nice cafe, with awesome rock music and over 100 kinds of beer! biggrin.gif

Some suggestions: Brugse Zot (from Brugge, where I live!), Trippel Karmeliet, La Chouffe, Hopus and Rochefort 10.

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 29 2011, 03:18 PM
Ok I take note smile.gif

I think I've tasted all those beers you mention, except La chouffe and Zot.

I'm a big fan of all Gueuze beers (non flavoured, though kriek is nice), Barbar, Chimay, Westmalle, Kwak, Duvel, Delirium tremens, Orval, Westvleteren... the list is so long!.

I also love german weissbiers smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
El Marto
Apr 29 2011, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 29 2011, 02:18 PM) *
I'm a big fan of all Gueuze beers.

A couple of days ago, we had a beer festival on the home (university dorms where I live). And there I tasted a Boon Geuze Mariage Parfait for the first time, and I liked it! So you're right about the Geuzes.

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 29 2011, 04:39 PM
QUOTE (El Marto @ Apr 29 2011, 04:25 PM) *
A couple of days ago, we had a beer festival on the home (university dorms where I live). And there I tasted a Boon Geuze Mariage Parfait for the first time, and I liked it! So you're right about the Geuzes.

Lucky you!

Geuze is almost impossible to find over here. The only lambics they seem to import are the peach/framboise flavoured ones, which I dislike... they don't even import kriek for the most part, let alone geuze!

Oh well. One more reason to visit you guys more often tongue.gif cool.gif

Funny thing is I don't have any problem getting most of the other well known belgium beers, including all trappists (except Westvleteren, of course!), and even many not-so-known ones that I doubt any one drinks too often... but no geuze!

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:18 PM