Help ! Please ....
dreadlocks
Sep 3 2008, 02:15 PM
GMC:er
i bought a new Multi-effect called "Zoom G2.1u"
and im new to multi-effects so i cant find the tune of trond volds canon rock lesson
there is like 1000 buttons and im to lazy to read the manual that looks more like a book :S
so.. i thought you guys can help me
it maybe sounds stuiped but there is so many effects i dont know what to choose
maybe you dont need an multi effect i dont know
aniway my gear is Fender stratocaster mexico and afender amp 25r

excuse me for my bad english smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Guitar1969
Sep 3 2008, 06:29 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (dreadlocks @ Sep 3 2008, 06:15 AM) *
i bought a new Multi-effect called "Zoom G2.1u"
and im new to multi-effects so i cant find the tune of trond volds canon rock lesson
there is like 1000 buttons and im to lazy to read the manual that looks more like a book :S
so.. i thought you guys can help me
it maybe sounds stuiped but there is so many effects i dont know what to choose
maybe you dont need an multi effect i dont know
aniway my gear is Fender stratocaster mexico and afender amp 25r

excuse me for my bad english smile.gif

I have the same unit - It is a great unit(Great tone - Effects are good, Distortion is so so), but with all of these effect processors, there is a learning curve to get the most out of them(The presets are basically useless). The manual is actually pretty well written. I refer to it often still and I have had my G2.1u for 3 years now.

There is a Yahoo Group specifically for this unit(Zoom G2 series):

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/zoomg2/

and it includes some patches that others have created.

There is also a larger patch database here(duplicates of the Yahoo group patches):

http://guitarpatches.haax.se/

But I would recommend you try to write your own, as the patches written by others won't always sound right for you since there are other variables(guitar and amp).

My recommendation is to find a preset that is kind of close to the sound you are looking for , copy it to a user patch(A B or C banks) and then start messing with it by turninging some of the effects down or off. You can also save as you go. Unfortunately, these products all have a learning curve. If you have any specific questions, the Yahoo group will answer pretty quickly, but they are first going to want to know that you've tried to at least find it in the manual if its obvious.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 AM