4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Ultra Difficult Stuff :o
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 07:42 PM
GMC:er
Please could you also tell me the lessons you practiced most over the year so I can add them to my practice time smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 22 2008, 08:14 PM
removed

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Apr 22 2008, 08:33 PM
I've been thinking I might try and learn the solo to Necrophagist's Fermented Offal Discharge, you could maybe give that a whirl...

Good combination of techniques maybe. I haven't looked too hard at it, or can't remember but I can tell you....HARD!

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 22 2008, 08:40 PM
Cheers for that and what did you reckon to my ideas on the 1st page? I think they might help you a bit smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 22 2008, 08:47 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 23 2008, 12:48 PM
Ok, got a "surprising" suggestion for you smile.gif

All those techniques you mentioned are all very.. well best way to put it is technical! so why don't you try working on feel now? stuff like vibrato, accurate bending, picking dynamics(picking in certain parts of the string, with adjusting power), also maybe try learning some complex classical pieces or some acoustic compositions in the style of Don Ross and Tommy Emmanuel.

Those are only a few suggestions... there's allways more to learn on the guitar and in music in general, if you wanna go even further than what I just mentioned, you should try listening to other instruments, and even vocals, and try implimenting it in you'r playing.

This post has been edited by Iluha: Apr 23 2008, 12:52 PM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
chast
Apr 23 2008, 12:51 PM
Learning Roadie
The whole time you are talking about looking at tabs, why don't you try to play some not so difficult stuff by ear ?
It's really helpful, because you train your ear and you also train the thing that Iluha mentioned above if you really want to nail the tone of the song.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 23 2008, 01:13 PM
Instructor
Can you Mark please post some of your playing so I can suggest even better what you need to practice more?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 02:27 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 23 2008, 02:56 PM
Hmm ok.. so yeah go for hybrid picking, and maybe even slap&pop, those are the only two other shred techniques I can think of right now tongue.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 23 2008, 03:00 PM
Also sweep picking with string skips is insanity if you can do it. Sweep Picking natural harmonics is a good one also. Sweep with taps.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 03:16 PM
removed

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 23 2008, 03:35 PM
God knows lol but I've seen some people sweep a natural harmonic pattern before. Maybe others can shed some light.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 23 2008, 03:45 PM
Mark,

Have you tried learning Jazz or Fusion? Try some Al DiMeola, Alan Holdsworth or Frank Gambale. In fact, Frank Gambale has an incredible sweep picking technique that you can learn from his instructional DVDs. It's almost too perfect. That should keep you busy for a while. I sure wish I could play like that. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Matt23
Apr 23 2008, 04:05 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'd do some composing and recording or learn a new style. Well done on playing muris' extreme neo-classic. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 04:28 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Apr 23 2008, 06:28 PM
Figure 5 (about 4:25 in) might be an interesting technique to develop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh-lJqNfT1E

Have you done much classical or flamenco playing?

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Apr 23 2008, 07:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 23 2008, 12:13 PM) *
Can you Mark please post some of your playing so I can suggest even better what you need to practice more?

I would be interested to hear some of your playing too.

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Apr 23 2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah, you definitely need to record yourself.

I suck 10x more on a recording mad.gif

By the way, can you play odd rhythms like 7/4 and odd notes like 5 per beat?

Can you play with your eyes closed?

Can you play standing up?

Do you know the entire fretboard by heart?

Oh yeah, and can you play Through the Fire and Flames in full speed? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SinoMan: Apr 23 2008, 07:34 PM

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 08:31 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:00 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:01 AM