Simple Approach To Jamming, How I practice jamming
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 9 2015, 10:33 AM
GMC Founder
This is how I practice jamming, I just take a few licks that are easy for me to play and then I try to come up with as many variations as possible. The more rules I break, the better!

In this video I opted for some fairly simple licks that should be somewhat suitable for all level of skills.

It would be interesting to know if you find this kind of lesson helpful!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 9 2015, 01:23 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Very interesting video Kristofer! I have never thought about this, but has felt that I have to come up with many different licks.
I just tested your idea and I think it is easier now to jam now.
Thanks for this video, I think it is helpful for sure smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 9 2015, 09:11 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 9 2015, 02:23 PM) *
Very interesting video Kristofer! I have never thought about this, but has felt that I have to come up with many different licks.
I just tested your idea and I think it is easier now to jam now.
Thanks for this video, I think it is helpful for sure smile.gif

Awesome, I hope the licks were somewhat doable? Let me know what problems you encounter!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 9 2015, 09:29 PM
Learning Roadie
is it possible to obtain the BT ?

thnkx Kristopher

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 9 2015, 09:30 PM
GMC Founder
Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/kristoferdahl/backin...-3-licks-lesson

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 9 2015, 10:02 PM
Learning Roadie
thks Kris

i'll do a try tomorow

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 9 2015, 10:32 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 9 2015, 08:11 PM) *
Awesome, I hope the licks were somewhat doable? Let me know what problems you encounter!

Absolutley, the licks were not so hard. I have played some of the licks before but I will definitely add the news ones to my lick libary.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 10 2015, 08:24 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 9 2015, 11:32 PM) *
Absolutley, the licks were not so hard. I have played some of the licks before but I will definitely add the news ones to my lick libary.

Phew that's great to hear! It can be difficult to choose simple material, suitable for all levels.

Feel free to keep me updated on your progress or setbacks!

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 9 2015, 11:02 PM) *
thks Kris

i'll do a try tomorow

Laurent

Excellent Laurent, looking forward to it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 11 2015, 08:54 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 10 2015, 07:24 AM) *
Phew that's great to hear! It can be difficult to choose simple material, suitable for all levels.

Feel free to keep me updated on your progress or setbacks!

I was just thinking Kris, if it is possible that you could do a video with other licks but harder.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 11 2015, 09:35 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jun 11 2015, 09:54 PM) *
I was just thinking Kris, if it is possible that you could do a video with other licks but harder.

Yes that's a cool idea. I should do that, maybe using 2-3 faster licks but still flexible enough for jamming.

Or maybe not choose more difficult licks but rather rock/distortion based licks. The licks in this lesson were bluesier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 12 2015, 09:47 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 11 2015, 08:35 PM) *
Yes that's a cool idea. I should do that, maybe using 2-3 faster licks but still flexible enough for jamming.

Or maybe not choose more difficult licks but rather rock/distortion based licks. The licks in this lesson were bluesier.

Sounds good, I personally would prefer rock/distortion licks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:49 PM