audiopaal
Aug 16 2010, 11:08 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'll give this a listen once I get back from work smile.gif
I've been away for too long on vacation and work trips,
so it's nice to see some are still productive biggrin.gif

I'll check out the collab as well!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 17 2010, 12:57 AM
Instructor
What an awesome song! biggrin.gif ..and video smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2010, 10:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Aug 15 2010, 08:39 PM) *
Ouch! sorry to hear that Gabe, hope you recover soon... and make a great song out of it some day cool.gif

Thank you Fran! I'm better now! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 20 2010, 08:24 PM
GMC Founder
Sorry for the delay in getting back - there was such cool feedback here I didn't just want to reply something quick.

QUOTE (Fingerspasm @ Aug 15 2010, 04:55 PM) *
Hey Kris that was incredible! Very entertaining as always. Its rare that you get such great playing along with such an entertaining video. After viewing this and seeing your great explanation on how you do things I can only say that its a shame we do not get more instructional material out of you every once in awhile. Especially on how you come up with your arrangements etc. Of course there are only so many hours in the day and I know things like this take many many hours to produce.

By the way there were parts in your playing that reminded me of John 5. Probably because it had such a country flavor in those parts. He loves to use chicken picken and country lines in his guitar playing. He just uses more distortion. Thanks for the cool vid. The best I have seen in quit a while.

Wow thanks for the amazing feedback! It definitely stimulates me to try and produce more material!

About my teaching - my aim is to spend my time on areas where we don't have a lot of coverage by GMC instructors. That is why I tried a more spoken type of lesson format with hints about songwriting (I am also testing these "new" kind of video collabs).

I feel that my time is currently best spent this way (for the sake of GMC) - however my goal the last years has always been to get back to a schedule where I have more time for my own stuff, and currently things are looking ok for this fall. Let's see what happens... Thanks again for the awesome comment!

QUOTE (SensE @ Aug 15 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Thank you for the song writting tips, Kris!
KRISTOFER, WE TRUST !!!

Don't trust me - I might be lying to avoid competition ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 15 2010, 07:16 PM) *
Amazing video Kris and great song! I really liked your licks here and specially the incorporation of hybrid picking! Your instrumental music is getting better from song to song! Great job!!

Thanks a lot Gabe - I could also sense things happening to your chops. Can't wait to hear the new Cirse material.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 15 2010, 07:16 PM) *
I'd like to add that this could be the soundtrack of my life! I had a brutal bump two days ago when I was trying to scape from a thief that wanted to steal luciana and me... I hurted my face (in my forehead) and also a bit my hand... I feeling a bit better now so I think that I will start playing guitar again tomorrow. The thief just stole my phone but we had a really bad time. sad.gif

Horrible to hear- I have been never been unfortunate to experience this kind of "bump"... I hope I never will!

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Aug 16 2010, 12:08 PM) *
I'll give this a listen once I get back from work smile.gif
I've been away for too long on vacation and work trips,
so it's nice to see some are still productive biggrin.gif

I'll check out the collab as well!

Cool - would be awesome to have your take!

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Aug 17 2010, 01:57 AM) *
What an awesome song! biggrin.gif ..and video smile.gif

I hope we can get your take as well Trond - I know it would completely rock our socks of (if that is an expression):

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 19 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Thank you Fran! I'm better now! biggrin.gif

Good to hear! Judging from your take in the collab the robbery might have had a positive impact on your chops ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 22 2010, 12:57 PM
Jazz Instructor
I checked it already on youtube, whole song is done as to keep your attention, and it really does so, very attractive and amusing!

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Aug 22 2010, 07:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Great job, Kris! biggrin.gif I've been yearning to hear new material from you... awesome!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 23 2010, 08:36 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Aug 22 2010, 01:57 PM) *
I checked it already on youtube, whole song is done as to keep your attention, and it really does so, very attractive and amusing!

Thanks Vasilije that's great to hear as it's one of my ambitions when writing stuff!

QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Aug 22 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Great job, Kris! biggrin.gif I've been yearning to hear new material from you... awesome!!

Thanks a lot for the constant support Kristian! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 23 2010, 08:44 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I finally got around to watch this, and I should have done it earlier!!
Awesome song Kris biggrin.gif

Cool video as well!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 11 2010, 05:04 PM
Instructor
I really enjoyed your playing in this one!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 12 2010, 09:24 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks a lot Daniel - great to hear this from you! =) I have been trying to get my chops back the last months!

--------------------

+Quote Post
evhwannabe
Sep 22 2010, 08:14 PM
GMC:er
Hey Kris! I'm a new member here at GMC, and I just found this link. Is it too late to submit a take?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 23 2010, 10:26 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (evhwannabe @ Sep 22 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Hey Kris! I'm a new member here at GMC, and I just found this link. Is it too late to submit a take?

Yes the collab is closed - but fear not, I am already planning the next one in the back of my head! =)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:22 PM