Greatest Acceptance Speech!, Dave Grohl - Foo Fighters
Blister
Feb 14 2012, 04:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Quick, to the point & excellent choice of words! Love this! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 14 2012, 04:21 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
awesome!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2012, 10:36 AM
Instructor
He actually made me cry smile.gif yes..I know...I am a girly man

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 14 2012, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
Blister
Feb 14 2012, 11:57 AM
I should have added that this was the acceptance speech for the Foo Fighters "Wasting Light" album winning four Grammy's.

Where I found the original video: Steve Vai's "Guitar TV"

From Wikipedia; "As frontman Dave Grohl wanted a record that would capture the essence of the band's earlier work and lack the artificiality of digital recording, the group recorded in Grohl's garage in Encino, California with only analog equipment."

He actually made me cry yes..I know...I am a girly man

It's hard not to get misty-eyed from a speech like that! smile.gif

Besides, I'm sick & tired of thanking "my agent, recording company, the maid, the guy who cuts my lawn, the dude who opened my limo door..."... gimme a break! Who wants to listen to all that? Just another reason I can't watch those shows anymore. mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2012, 05:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 14 2012, 06:36 AM) *

the same here... smile.gif

Thanks for posting this video.. it made my day. smile.gif
I'll share it in my facebook.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 14 2012, 05:25 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 14 2012, 10:04 PM
Instructor
Straight from the heart ! In fact, in about thirty seconds he explained meaning of creative power, since the beginning of time...

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 15 2012, 02:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 14 2012, 03:36 AM) *

biggrin.gif Don't feel bad. I say to myself, "I'm weird," for crying more than I used to when watching movies. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Feb 16 2012, 01:47 AM
The Grammy's deleted the video due to copyright. They may own the video but not the words. (Mods, I hope this is ok.)

Here is what he said:

“This is a great honor, because this record was a special record for our band. Rather than go to the best studio in the world down the street in Hollywood and rather than use all of the fanciest computers that money can buy, we made this one in my garage with some microphones and a tape machine…

“To me this award means a lot because it shows that the human element of music is what’s important. Singing into a microphone and learning to play an instrument and learning to do your craft, that’s the most important thing for people to do.

“It’s not about being perfect, it’s not about sounding absolutely correct, it’s not about what goes on in a computer. It’s about what goes on in here [your heart] and what goes on in here [your head].”

Great words. I just felt they needed to be heard & not taken away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Feb 16 2012, 02:16 AM
The Grammy's deleted the video due to copyright. They may own the video but not the words. (Mods, I hope this is ok.)

Here is what he said:

“This is a great honor, because this record was a special record for our band. Rather than go to the best studio in the world down the street in Hollywood and rather than use all of the fanciest computers that money can buy, we made this one in my garage with some microphones and a tape machine…

“To me this award means a lot because it shows that the human element of music is what’s important. Singing into a microphone and learning to play an instrument and learning to do your craft, that’s the most important thing for people to do.

“It’s not about being perfect, it’s not about sounding absolutely correct, it’s not about what goes on in a computer. It’s about what goes on in here [your heart] and what goes on in here [your head].”

Great words. I just felt they needed to be heard & not taken away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
Thanks for thinking about it man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 16 2012, 12:35 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Luckily I have seen this video before it was taken down...words of wisdom, and though it didn't make me cry, I was really moved and felt a nice chill all over my body.

I'm also really glad he didn't mention a whole bunch of people to thank...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:47 PM