Hello From France
nainvisible
Jan 20 2013, 07:37 PM
GMC:er
Hi everybody,

My name is Pierre (nainvisible on the forum). I'm 21 and I'm from Le havre (France) one of the major european harbour according to what I heard about it but this is not the topic.

I've played the guitar since I'm 9, but it hasn't always been a serious practice of it. I'm doing it seriously for 1 years maybe.

I've just change my old squier stratocaster for a Fender telecaster Jim Root signature.

I mainly listen and play hard rock and metal, that's what I love!!! Especially tharsh but also indus, nu, hardcore and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

I joined GMC because I can't take guitar lesson with a teacher anymore I'm always moving because of my studies. I can take my guitar and my computer but a teacher I don't think so...

My goal is to join a band. I tired of playing alone in my bedroom with headphones and a pod 2.0

I'd also want to have opinion on my sound, my playing style... I only need to find a way to record me playing with my pod and macbook pro. If anyone knows how to do it I'm really interested. I will post video and samples as soon as I will figure out how to do it.

I hope that I will progress thanks to the features on the web site.

So hello to everybody, I'm happy to be there and hope I will enjoy it

Pierre

PS: If you have any remarks about my english don't hesitate to report it, it will be good for my english speaking. Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Jan 20 2013, 07:50 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 20 2013, 08:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Welcome to GMC, Pierre. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 21 2013, 10:14 AM
Instructor
Hello and welcome Pierre! GMC has a lot to offer but in order to make the best of it, you could start by telling us which aspect of your playing are you mostly interested, what gear you have and what are your favorite artists smile.gif In this way, we can have a better go at starting to help you out smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2013, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Pierre! Welcome to the site! Don't worry about your English! it's very clear... wink.gif You just have to post your samples here and we will give you all the feedback necessary to improve your tone and playing. Playing with a band is very important and you will learn a lot of things that you can't learn from clinics and books, it's real experience, go for it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
nainvisible
Jan 21 2013, 08:53 PM
I think I mostly need to work sixteenths and having clean play and sound. After this I think I will try solo but for the moment I"m mainly focused on rythmn guitar.

My gear is composed of a Fender telecaster Jim root, a pod 2.0 and a marshal MG15dfx.

Favorites bands, hard to be exhaustive but those are some: Metallica, Pantera, Death angel, Stone Sour, Slipknot, SOAD, Otep, Gojira, Slayer, Black stone cherry...

If anyone knows how to record with my pod 2.0 and a Mac I'm interested.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2013, 10:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (nainvisible @ Jan 21 2013, 04:53 PM) *
I think I mostly need to work sixteenths and having clean play and sound. After this I think I will try solo but for the moment I"m mainly focused on rythmn guitar.

My gear is composed of a Fender telecaster Jim root, a pod 2.0 and a marshal MG15dfx.

Favorites bands, hard to be exhaustive but those are some: Metallica, Pantera, Death angel, Stone Sour, Slipknot, SOAD, Otep, Gojira, Slayer, Black stone cherry...

If anyone knows how to record with my pod 2.0 and a Mac I'm interested.

Hi man! I'm a PC user but these is not a big difference. You can connect your Pod via USB to your MAC and use a multitrack software like Reaper to record your guitar. Be sure to download the Line 6 pod 2.0 drivers from the official site before you connect it and then select your pod as the recording input on Reaper. You should be able to record with these two things, and the good thing is that Reaper has a free version. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 22 2013, 09:58 AM
Instructor
I think we can work together just fine on rhythm guitar biggrin.gif You have a great guitar and your musical tastes are very close to mine smile.gif Write me a PM and I'll tell you a story wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 22 2013, 11:05 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Pierre.. your English rules, no worries about that ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 24 2013, 02:16 AM
Didn't want to miss my chance to put a WELCOME in for ya!! Todd here smile.gif Thanks for stopping by VIDEO CHAT and I hope you can make it again! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (nainvisible @ Jan 20 2013, 01:37 PM) *
Hi everybody,

My name is Pierre (nainvisible on the forum). I'm 21 and I'm from Le havre (France) one of the major european harbour according to what I heard about it but this is not the topic.

I've played the guitar since I'm 9, but it hasn't always been a serious practice of it. I'm doing it seriously for 1 years maybe.

I've just change my old squier stratocaster for a Fender telecaster Jim Root signature.

I mainly listen and play hard rock and metal, that's what I love!!! Especially tharsh but also indus, nu, hardcore and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

I joined GMC because I can't take guitar lesson with a teacher anymore I'm always moving because of my studies. I can take my guitar and my computer but a teacher I don't think so...

My goal is to join a band. I tired of playing alone in my bedroom with headphones and a pod 2.0

I'd also want to have opinion on my sound, my playing style... I only need to find a way to record me playing with my pod and macbook pro. If anyone knows how to do it I'm really interested. I will post video and samples as soon as I will figure out how to do it.

I hope that I will progress thanks to the features on the web site.

So hello to everybody, I'm happy to be there and hope I will enjoy it

Pierre

PS: If you have any remarks about my english don't hesitate to report it, it will be good for my english speaking. Thanks

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 24 2013, 08:54 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Piere !

Your english is better then my`n and welcome here biggrin.gif

Vive la France !

+Quote Post
nainvisible
Jan 25 2013, 10:01 PM
Hi everybody.

Thx for the welcoming.

I will try to put samples in the beginning february and to be more present on the video chat in the same time.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 25 2013, 10:12 PM
Welcome to GMC Pierre!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:50 AM