Hotone Amps
Mertay
Jul 29 2015, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
We sometimes help members for affordable gear like soundcard, webcam, pedal etc. and not only these tiny amps seem to be extremely affordable, they have headphone outputs so one can connect it directly to the computer for recording (or playing with a headphone if sound levels are a problem at his house).

Only a few days ago they appeared in the market where I live so couldn't get the chance to test them yet, I know Todd has experience and maybe others too so might be helpful to get their opinion.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2015, 05:43 AM
For the price, these tiny amps and pedals are hard to beat smile.gif Especially since the amp has a headphone out and CD/ipod in. Very handy. It will drive a full size cab or let you use it with your headphones. I did a full review talkthrough/playthrough of the amp on my youtube channel.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 29 2015, 05:54 PM) *
We sometimes help members for affordable gear like soundcard, webcam, pedal etc. and not only these tiny amps seem to be extremely affordable, they have headphone outputs so one can connect it directly to the computer for recording (or playing with a headphone if sound levels are a problem at his house).

Only a few days ago they appeared in the market where I live so couldn't get the chance to test them yet, I know Todd has experience and maybe others too so might be helpful to get their opinion.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 30 2015, 06:27 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 30 2015, 12:35 PM
Adding here smile.gif

Sounds great, how about the headphone out to computer? does it have a cab. sim. sort of thing on the headphone out or how is the noise?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2015, 07:03 PM
Thats the one!! smile.gif Great question on the output. I've not even tried it as I"ve got it going to a 4x12. I'll give it a shot tonight and let you know. I"m sure hoping it has a cab sim!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 30 2015, 07:35 AM) *
Adding here smile.gif

Sounds great, how about the headphone out to computer? does it have a cab. sim. sort of thing on the headphone out or how is the noise?

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 30 2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks, I checked some documentation but couldn't find much to be honest. All there is are some forum q&a through users, if you know someone from the company (since most reach to you for your demo videos) would be helpful for them to point this out.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 30 2015, 08:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2015, 01:02 AM
I tried it for myself and it does sound like some sor of cab emulation. I'm going to ask them directly to see if I can get a better answer though smile.gif

From the sound of it in the headphones, you could run the signal direct for recording. Although, I'd like to put an IR on it myself probably. Have you tried the IR loader from Two Notes? It's a free download and quite spiff!

http://www.two-notes.com/en/software/torpe...all-of-sound-3/

The hardware version is nice but pricey!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 30 2015, 02:59 PM) *
Thanks, I checked some documentation but couldn't find much to be honest. All there is are some forum q&a through users, if you know someone from the company (since most reach to you for your demo videos) would be helpful for them to point this out.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 31 2015, 08:51 AM
Maybe the high eq is a cut design so it can work as both cab. sim or high freq. adjustment? first models of tech 21 character stuff was like this (so they could be used as amps or pedals). Either way pretty cool its not piercing ears with headphones smile.gif

Yeah I actually liked the torpedo a lot, was very close to buying a cab. ir called angel if I remember correct to end demo period. But while testing I figured out I liked some Vandal settings a tiny bit more and was working faster with it so never continued using it. I do recommend it highly though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 07:56 PM
Very possible smile.gif But it does sound like you could just run it in to your computer and put an IR on it and be good to go. I really like it with a boost in front and turning down the gain on the unit. It helps tighten up the distortion, just like a real tube amp smile.gif

Is VANDAL another plugin like TORPEDO?

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 31 2015, 03:51 AM) *
Maybe the high eq is a cut design so it can work as both cab. sim or high freq. adjustment? first models of tech 21 character stuff was like this (so they could be used as amps or pedals). Either way pretty cool its not piercing ears with headphones smile.gif

Yeah I actually liked the torpedo a lot, was very close to buying a cab. ir called angel if I remember correct to end demo period. But while testing I figured out I liked some Vandal settings a tiny bit more and was working faster with it so never continued using it. I do recommend it highly though!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 8 2015, 10:00 PM
http://pro.magix.com/en/audio-plugins/vand...rview.1562.html

When demoing there is a preset there called "lead", with a little tweak it was my fav. solo sound till I got into pedals smile.gif not something for everybody and hasn't been updated for a while but it comes free with samplitude as how I got into it.

The unique thing is you can mix cab. with speakers, meaning its component modeled not simple ir's. This really helps nailing a sound, I have no idea why other company's never implemented this to their own amp plug-ins.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 8 2015, 10:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2015, 01:11 AM
I'm always up for trying new plugins wink.gif Thanks for the link!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 8 2015, 05:00 PM) *
http://pro.magix.com/en/audio-plugins/vand...rview.1562.html

When demoing there is a preset there called "lead", with a little tweak it was my fav. solo sound till I got into pedals smile.gif not something for everybody and hasn't been updated for a while but it comes free with samplitude as how I got into it.

The unique thing is you can mix cab. with speakers, meaning its component modeled not simple ir's. This really helps nailing a sound, I have no idea why other company's never implemented this to their own amp plug-ins.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:14 PM