4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Www.musiclearningtools.net, .. a personal project
wrk
Jun 4 2009, 11:42 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi guys,

I work since a while, when time and motivation allow me, on some interactive music theory learning tools. I have started this project as a collection of ugly looking prototypes, mainly for personal use. Then i though to polish them a bit and put them online. Some adjustments still need to be done of course.

As i lost a bit motivation the last time, i thought to give myself a little boost and share this with you. Any help, feedback, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!! Maybe some ideas for future tools or missing options of the existing ones. Eventually even some bugs, but i hope not.

Three modules are existing by now: Ear Trainer, Key Trainer, Interval Trainer

Note: Similar tools are already existing online (musictheory.net and others), but i wanted to add a few more configuration options to start super easy and add step by step keys, intervals, etc. EarTraining for example i wanted to practice with different instruments, or only practice 2-3 intervals i have difficulties with, .. things like that.

The website is accessible with the very creative address laugh.gif

www.musiclearningtools.net

Hope you like it and find them useful. I'm curious about your thoughts ... Thanks !!

Andy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jun 4 2009, 11:48 AM
Instructor
I loved it smile.gif Well done man

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 4 2009, 11:51 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
It looks great, much nicer than musictheory.net. One suggestion I do have is that on the ear trainer you start the intervals on different notes each time, as it is quite easy to hear the intervals in relation to each other when they always have the same root, when you should be hearing them as seperate intervals. Very good website though, it's really impressive. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Matt23: Jun 4 2009, 11:58 AM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 4 2009, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Andy as I told you before this is great thing you are doing !
I like it a lot, it is very useful and beneficial. Like you said, adding multiple instruments to choose from for ear training would be perfect. Perhaps you can program something that when interval is played, one instrument can play one while the other plays other note. That way you get sounds mixed up and it really develops ear nicely. You can do this also for 4 part harmonies with brass reeds and string sections !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jun 4 2009, 12:05 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It's great, love the interface smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 4 2009, 12:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jun 4 2009, 12:51 PM) *
It looks great, much nicer than musictheory.net. One suggestion I do have is that on the ear trainer you start the intervals on different notes each time, as it is quite easy to hear the intervals in relation to each other when they always have the same root, when you should be hearing them as seperate intervals. Very good website though, it's really impressive. smile.gif

Thank you Matt! Actually this can be archived in the configuration panel. On the right side "random root" you have the possibility to set a fixed root note of your choice or a random root note. Is this the option you suggested ?

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jun 4 2009, 12:55 PM) *
Andy as I told you before this is great thing you are doing !
I like it a lot, it is very useful and beneficial. Like you said, adding multiple instruments to choose from for ear training would be perfect. Perhaps you can program something that when interval is played, one instrument can play one while the other plays other note. That way you get sounds mixed up and it really develops ear nicely. You can do this also for 4 part harmonies with brass reeds and string sections !

Thanks Pedja smile.gif
By now i added only 2 instruments. I need to create the other(grey) audio files for each instrument and record them first.
To use two or more different instrument for each note is a great idea. Have not thought of this, but makes perfectly sense. Thanks you !

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 4 2009, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Looks and works great, very well done Andy!!!

One thing tho, I tried Ear Training and I got same interval/chord one after another, few times tho,
maybe you could fix that so that each next interval is different, good job. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Muris Varajic: Jun 4 2009, 12:38 PM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 4 2009, 12:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 4 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Looks and works great, very well done Andy!!!

One thing tho, I tried Ear Training and I got same interval/chord one after another, few times tho,
maybe you could fix that so that each next interval is different, good job. smile.gif

True, you are right. Is noted and quickly fixed. Thank you .. smile.gif
One of these thing which are easily forgotten when a programmer got lazy laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 4 2009, 12:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 4 2009, 01:41 PM) *
True, you are right. Is noted and quickly fixed. Thank you .. smile.gif
One of these thing which are easily forgotten when a programmer got lazy laugh.gif

Great!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 4 2009, 01:02 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 4 2009, 12:34 PM) *
Thank you Matt! Actually this can be archived in the configuration panel. On the right side "random root" you have the possibility to set a fixed root note of your choice or a random root note. Is this the option you suggested ?

Yeh, I never noticed all those options. Your website just gets better and better. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 4 2009, 01:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 4 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Thanks Pedja smile.gif
By now i added only 2 instruments. I need to create the other(grey) audio files for each instrument and record them first.
To use two or more different instrument for each note is a great idea. Have not thought of this, but makes perfectly sense. Thanks you !

Glad I could contribute in any way Andy. It will be really awesome if you do this as I have not seen it on any website so far smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jun 4 2009, 01:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome site! You did a great job biggrin.gif
I'm definetly gonna use this a lot ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 4 2009, 01:52 PM
GMC:er
Wow, this looks great, I'll probably use it a lot aswell.

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jun 4 2009, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Very nice work!
Website is clean and tools very useful.
Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 4 2009, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Bookmarked smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jun 4 2009, 05:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JVM @ Jun 4 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Bookmarked smile.gif

+1 ,very nice!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 4 2009, 06:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It looks sooooo nice! Great work!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 4 2009, 06:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great work so far, Andy! As Matt already suggested, I´d start with a different root. However, it would be better to have both options: same root, different root. wink.gif Keep up working!

+Quote Post
Skalde
Jun 4 2009, 07:58 PM
Learning Roadie
This is great man! It looks really professional. I am trying to find every day a few minutes for training on your website.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 4 2009, 08:13 PM
GMC:er
Extremely useful and awesome. Thanks for making this available.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 06:36 AM