> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Vonhotch's Musical Journey, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2012, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ May 16 2012, 10:43 PM) *
Hey, thanks for finding that video. I will work on the bends and find a new tone.

Great! Keep me updated! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
May 25 2012, 02:55 AM
GMC:er
Hey man, I got another one for you. I'm using a zoom PS-04 as a recorder, it's old and the only way I have to get the music from it to my computer is to plug it in to the microphone jack of the computer. It works this way but it is not really the best way. I think it kind of does some odd things to the sound. I used a different patch to get a different tone this time. I'm still trying to find the best way to record myself with what I have for now until I can upgrade to something better. Thanks again for you input.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2012, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Hi man, the sound is ok by now. It would be better if you enter to a line input in your computer since that module surely provides a line signal instead of a mic one. What do you use for the guitar distortion and how do you send your guitar to the zoom recorder?
The take needs more work, mostly concentrating on the timing. You are most of the time after or before the bit, and when you are ok with timing, you still need to make it sound groovy. You should isolate each riff and work on it over a drum loop until you get the groove.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
May 27 2012, 12:37 PM
The way I have been running it is to run my guitar into the 1/4 " line in on the recorder and using the 1/4" line out to go to an amp for a monitor. My laptop only has a headphone jack, microphone jack and usb ports to plug into. I have been using a preset on the recorder for distortion. It was originally meant to have the music transfered by memory card but the memory card reader I got with it doesnt work with my computer dry.gif . Thats why I have been using the headphones jack on the recorder and running it to the microphone jack on the computer, after I recorded. I tried to run it straight through and record to the computer as I played but it made it really choppy or "took the rhythm out", now if I record first then record it to the computer, it is better but to me I still think it messes with the sound and rhythm. It also means I have to sync what I record to the backing track, in my recording program.

This is the same take as the last one I posted before I added the recorded audio, its just with the webcam audio, so you can see what I mean. Or so you can tell me its all in my head and to keep practicing biggrin.gif Its just the amp as monitor on the output of the recorder. To me it sounds much better, rhythm and tone wise, but the quality of the recording is really bad.

I will upgrade to something better as soon as I can, hopefully I'm just doing something wrong and this will get me by until then.
Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2012, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the synchronicity is better on this second version of the video but I still think that you should work to play this one tighter. The riffs needs to be played with more groove, the solo starts ok but then it's slightly out of timing. Regarding sound, you should keep on experimenting until you get a good balance between tone and synchronicity.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
May 29 2012, 03:41 PM
OK. I have a couple ideas. When I started this I had no idea it would take me so long to learn these. Next time you see me I will have something better for you. I promise. I refuse to give up on this till you tell me its PERFECT!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2012, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ May 29 2012, 11:41 AM) *
OK. I have a couple ideas. When I started this I had no idea it would take me so long to learn these. Next time you see me I will have something better for you. I promise. I refuse to give up on this till you tell me its PERFECT!!!!

Great attitude! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 17 2012, 12:00 AM
Hey, Gabe. I think I have got a handle on this recording thing finally. I got a usb interface instead of what I had, and after a few frustrating days I realized I still have to adjust for latency and line things up. So anyway I was so happy to get something that recorded in a way I was happy with I thought I would post it even though there are still a couple of mistakes, that I heard anyway. I think this is still much better than my previous videos though, as promised. Hopefully you will agree.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 18 2012, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! well done! You improved your audio quality a lot, and it seems that there is not latency anymore. Your take is good. The riffs has some notes that sound a bit muted but has a good timing. Then the solo starts tight but has a little timing issue in the end. Also try to make your vibrato wider and your bending more precise. By the way the overall take is good! Keep on working on it and you'll play a perfect take! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 19 2012, 03:43 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 18 2012, 01:57 PM) *
Hey mate! well done! You improved your audio quality a lot, and it seems that there is not latency anymore. Your take is good. The riffs has some notes that sound a bit muted but has a good timing. Then the solo starts tight but has a little timing issue in the end. Also try to make your vibrato wider and your bending more precise. By the way the overall take is good! Keep on working on it and you'll play a perfect take! smile.gif

Thanks, I'm starting to shake the recording nerves too. I will tighten everything up, and get a perfect one up here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2012, 10:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jun 19 2012, 11:43 AM) *
Thanks, I'm starting to shake the recording nerves too. I will tighten everything up, and get a perfect one up here!

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 27 2012, 02:26 AM
Hey man, here is my latest attempt. I tried to watch the things you mentioned, and I think I feel pretty good about this one. I did notice that on my bends on the last part that I was bending the E sting too, so I tried to STOP and hopefully it worked out. I've still been working on the buckethead lesson too, and getting the timing right and have been working the last part up slowly with a metronome because I dont think its coming out clear enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 27 2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Wou!! This take is much better than the previous one! Your improvement is very big! smile.gif
Keep on practicing it to make it sound with more groove and also to feel more comfortable with phrases and chord changes, but let's also start working on some new lessons. Well done!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 28 2012, 12:51 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 27 2012, 02:39 PM) *
Wou!! This take is much better than the previous one! Your improvement is very big! smile.gif
Keep on practicing it to make it sound with more groove and also to feel more comfortable with phrases and chord changes, but let's also start working on some new lessons. Well done!! smile.gif

Thanks, so much. I really like how you have not let me get away with anything, I can see why you call it Gab's Army biggrin.gif. Maybe on my next lessons I could do something to help with my groovieness? Also here is where I am with the buckethead style lesson. I have been working hard to get the timing down.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 28 2012, 04:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jun 27 2012, 08:51 PM) *
Thanks, so much. I really like how you have not let me get away with anything, I can see why you call it Gab's Army biggrin.gif. Maybe on my next lessons I could do something to help with my groovieness? Also here is where I am with the buckethead style lesson. I have been working hard to get the timing down.

Good take! Your playing gets better and better man! I can note a big improvement in your timing on this take. The last AP licks shows that we have to work on some alternate picking exercises. I was thinking that you should go for any Funk Rhythm lesson to start working on your groove. There are many interesting lessons, choose the one that you like more. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 28 2012, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 28 2012, 03:22 PM) *
Good take! Your playing gets better and better man! I can note a big improvement in your timing on this take. The last AP licks shows that we have to work on some alternate picking exercises. I was thinking that you should go for any Funk Rhythm lesson to start working on your groove. There are many interesting lessons, choose the one that you like more. wink.gif

You caught me. I have been slacking on the picking exercise you gave me a while back. I will get on it double time! biggrin.gif How about this lesson? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Old_Sc...k_Rhythm_Guitar . I also see you have a new collab up I would really like to join in on one of these some time, and I've seen that you work with some people in their army threads. Can I try that on the next one? I'm not sure how I will do but I would like to try, if thats ok.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 29 2012, 01:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jun 28 2012, 02:07 PM) *
You caught me. I have been slacking on the picking exercise you gave me a while back. I will get on it double time! biggrin.gif How about this lesson? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Old_Sc...k_Rhythm_Guitar . I also see you have a new collab up I would really like to join in on one of these some time, and I've seen that you work with some people in their army threads. Can I try that on the next one? I'm not sure how I will do but I would like to try, if thats ok.

Hi mate! That lesson is excellent for groove work. Great election! smile.gif

Regarding the collab, off course you can join and we can work here. Please post your questions and ideas here and I will give feedback about it. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jul 1 2012, 12:32 AM
Hey man, I got a question, on the new lesson I think I'm missing something. In the main video the last 6 seconds or so don't seem to be in the tabs or on one of the other videos? I know this is not your lesson but I was not sure whether to ask you or post a question and where to do so if I did. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2012, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! You're are right, there is a part missing on that lesson. Here I transcribed it. wink.gif

Attached File  Ivan_s_lesson.gp5 ( 1.65K ) Number of downloads: 105

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jul 1 2012, 10:33 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 1 2012, 08:41 PM) *
Hi mate! You're are right, there is a part missing on that lesson. Here I transcribed it. wink.gif

Attached File  Ivan_s_lesson.gp5 ( 1.65K ) Number of downloads: 105

Thank you. That is another thing that I need to work on eventually is tabbing by ear.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:53 PM