3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
New Mtp Sign Ups For March 2010 Start!, also some slight changes, current MTP:ers will need to read too
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2010, 02:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (stratman79 @ Feb 19 2010, 07:44 PM) *
I would be interested in signing up with either Pedja Simovic or Ivan Milenkovic.

I'm looking on working on my jazz improvising/chord melodies but am also happy to work on blues & modes mixed up with some cool funk stuff.

If there isn't room I'd happily sign up with any tutor (although I think I could make the singing tutor quit!!!)

I'm not a speed monster but I will try my best smile.gif There is always stuff to learn from new styles...

is there a sticky which outlines whats expected assignment wise?

thanks

Here ya go mate! This is a link to whats expected and I wish you the best. smile.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=31054

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zen
Feb 20 2010, 02:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
How about we see what the participation rate is like and then the current mtpers can apply to the instructors left with few students who are willing to accommodate more ...

I remember last time few instructors had 1 or 2 students whereas the others had a lot of them. So rather than NOT allow the current mtpers to continue at all for the next semester.. give them a chance to apply to the instructors who are left with few students in the end. This way the new batch gets preference of choosing their instructor but the current mtpers still get a chance to keep the momentum going, if at all there is space.

This is my 2.43 cents smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by zen: Feb 20 2010, 02:11 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 20 2010, 02:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (zen @ Feb 19 2010, 08:07 PM) *
How about we see what the participation rate is like and then the current mtpers can apply to the instructors left with few students who are willing to accommodate more ...

I remember last time few instructors had 1 or 2 students whereas the others had a lot of them. So rather than NOT allow the current mtpers to continue at all for the next semester.. give them a chance to apply to the instructors who are left with few students in the end.

This is my 2.43 cents smile.gif

This sounds like a fair compromise to me! I second this VOTE!
I also agree that it isn't fair to the students to just discontinue. If they have a relationship with the instructor, there doing the required assignments on time, then just let them work it out between themselves or something. Their are several guys who having been doing really well and meet their assignment dead lines. It would be a shame to just kick them to the side. It's like going into work and getting fired for doing a GREAT JOB!

Off Course I do understand that others need an opportunity as well smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Feb 20 2010, 04:37 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Well, I don't even know what to add here. I guess it's fair to have it open to people that haven't yet participated. I'm a smidge disappointed in that I really did strive to do all my assignments on time and do my REC takes as per the program. I guess, however, there weren't any assignments in my MTP since before Christmas, as in both rounds of my MTP my instructor was very busy with things that had to take precedent over the MTP program. I guess I'll do my REC take for February and step aside to study other things.

Cheers! cool.gif

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 20 2010, 05:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Feb 20 2010, 03:37 AM) *
Well, I don't even know what to add here. I guess it's fair to have it open to people that haven't yet participated. I'm a smidge disappointed in that I really did strive to do all my assignments on time and do my REC takes as per the program. I guess, however, there weren't any assignments in my MTP since before Christmas, as in both rounds of my MTP my instructor was very busy with things that had to take precedent over the MTP program. I guess I'll do my REC take for February and step aside to study other things.

Cheers! cool.gif

I wrote to Kristofer about this and asked if they would let me finish January phase at least. We'll see what he says.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 20 2010, 07:04 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks Emir.. really appreciate this.

+1 to Noskill. I did the same. smile.gif because it was announced that only if you complete all assignments + REC, you are going to qualify to continue earlier.

This hasn't been fair because its like cutting off learning process in the middle. I took 2 MTPs since it began but never completed. I don't know if I learnt anything. A little knowledge is dangerous as they say. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 20 2010, 08:55 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'd like to be in with Ivan Milenkovic for a second try wink.gif

He knows me and my skills, because of a previous MTP session.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 20 2010, 09:13 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'd like to be mentored by Lian, since I really love his lessons and his taste in music.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 20 2010, 09:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
To me, 3 months with one instructor and 3 months off is OK, but for those who are in the beginning phases of playing guitar, this is not good - hence, learning benefits from a steady progress. I would say that students that have finished their REC-takes and all assignments should be able to continuee up to a year, maybe more... I don't see anything unfair with having a quee - system here, eg. those who haven't finished their latest MTP, will go in the bottom of the quee. New participants will of course go before old members that hasn't completed their MTP's.

Another approach to do this stuff would be to have the instructors to take care of one/two levels each and then can all participate - eg. the instructors can write lessons for the actual level, and then grade the participants. This will of course make it less personal, but I think it will put less stress on the instructors and in the long run everyone can benefit from it, since the intructors can put a lot of more effort in ONE lesson than in 5-10 each week.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 20 2010, 11:21 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
If I remember correctly, there wasn't so many applications, that many people were "left without a mentor". After all look at how many instructors are ready to help with the MTP, and than look how many people post REC takes on regular basis, or even videos at general. The differences aren't so big.

EDIT: also take into account, that large part of those people find out that they have not enough time to participate actively, and drop off.

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Feb 20 2010, 11:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Feb 20 2010, 11:46 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
New rules are kinda bad news but I understand and there are plenty of other things to do on GMC. I will concentrate on REC and Collaboration during 3 months. Ok with me... smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
edguy
Feb 20 2010, 01:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Oh this are bad news. So i have to make a break with my instructor Pedja. Mh like Zen said i have to hit something in my room and destroy it biggrin.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Feb 20 2010, 02:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Dam .. i only saw the rules now =( so i wont be able to enter this mtp cycle cause i was in the last one ??? can we aply if there are instructors left in the end ???

IMO this 3 months break is really bad cause it will slow our learning process (for instance i can´t do anything if i´m not forced to do it , so mtp was just perfect cause i had to do the assigmnts like the were an obligation ) .. hope we could figure somthing out for the gmcers who where already on the mtp ..

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Feb 20 2010, 04:27 PM
Learning Roadie

Hi there,

I'd like to be part of the MTP program too! smile.gif Here's my entrance video:

I demonstrate some of my skills and at the end of the video I tell a lil' bit about myself. During my playing I didn't use a metronome so some parts are off rhythm. I basically improvised everything except the "songwriting" part. Thanks for watching, don't get scared by the bad English. wink.gif

I'd like to be mentored by Ivan Milenkovich!

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Feb 20 2010, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Count me as one of the people that are sad they can't continue in the MTP this round. I'd like to be considered in the 2nd tier of people to pick from if there are still open spots at the end, I'll take any instructor.

Idea: Maybe those that can't get matched with instructors can mentor each other. (and you can delete the next bit if it violates GMC rules) I've got my own forum/web site and would be happy do it there if you didn't want to clutter up the GMC forums.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Tomas Santa Clar...
Feb 20 2010, 04:44 PM
Hey

this is going to be my first MTP

i would like to be signed to mr Ramiro Delforte please!

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 20 2010, 05:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okay ...bad news cause I can't continue with Pedja sad.gif

I am not very pleased with this new rule, but other GMC'er must get a opportunity too.

Next MTP I will be here to sign up.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 20 2010, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Too bad withthe new rules but i will wait unill the nex phase

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Feb 20 2010, 10:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello GMC. I would love to get in the MTP this round, regardless of my mentor. Here are some of my top picks though:

Ivan Milenkovich
Muris Varajic
Marcus Lavendell
Jeff Curtis
Jose Lassaga

Thanks! Keep up the awesome work GMC!

-Brandon Earman

This post has been edited by earman: Feb 22 2010, 07:41 AM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
Joruus
Feb 23 2010, 05:35 PM
I'd like to be mentored by Adrian Figallo. cool.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:46 PM