Between The Buried And Me, Cynic, Devin Townsend, Scale The Summit
The Uncreator
Feb 4 2010, 11:30 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

Last night I saw one of the better shows of my life, It was my 2nd time for seeing BTBAM, my first for everyone else. (It was Cynic's first time ever playing in florida).

Scale The Summit:
http://www.myspace.com/scalethesummit

Technically they got some skill, Especially for the young age, But thats about where it ended for me. Musically I couldn't get into them, With the exception of there song "The Great Plains" everything felt like a build up or an intro, Which led to nothing. Stage presence was okay, the bass player has some great chops and is probably the best presence up there, but again, the music didn't hit me, Didn't get me moving too much. I hate to say it, but its not really something that has too much of any strength live.

Devin Townsend Project:
http://www.myspace.com/devintownsenddtb

Well anyone who knows this man is aware that he is quite possibly, the single weirdest guy on the planet. His show, while be a straightforward and heavy affair, with excellent stage presence, was also accompanied by his quirky humor. From doing interpretative dances, hilarious facial expressions, and really messing with the crowd, this was just a solid, fun, performance, Even if it was out of place with the other bands.

Cynic:
http://www.myspace.com/cyniconline

Perfect, Flawless, Beautiful, and unforgettable. The main reason I showed up to this concert is Cynic, And their performance did not disappoint. They are one of those bands that has albums that are amazing, and there live performances are three times that. The drums sounded amazing, The vocals were super crisp (Paul no longer uses his vocoder live, and much to my surprise, it worked for him extremely well and his performance was absent of flaw), and the bass and guitars were perfectly mixed in. On top of that, they played a new song, "Wheel Of Time", Which sounded amazing, some of Sean Reinert's best work for Cynic. And lastly but not least, The whole crowd of about 1,000 did yoga with Paul Masvidal, Which, as weird as it sounds, was one of the coolest experiences of my life, and my favorite part of the concert. Set list included Nunc Fluens, The Space For This, Evolutionary Sleeper, Veil Of Maya, Integral Birth, Adam's Murmur, and Wheel Of Time.

Between The Buried And Me:
http://www.myspace.com/betweentheburiedandme

Same as with Cynic, perfect and flawless, but with 1,000 times the destruction. Opening with Obfuscation that completely destroyed the audience. I must of ended up in every place possible in that song alone. Musically, they were perfect, stage presence, perfect, everything, perfect. Guitars were mixed beautifully and the many different guitar parts for there intricate and lengthy songs were arranged so it was as if was coming straight off the album. Set list included Obfuscation, Disease, Ants Of The Sky, More Of Myself To Kill, Swim To The Moon, and White Walls. The show was just amazing.

If this tour comes anywhere near you, its worth the mere $20 or so youll pay.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shenanigans
Feb 5 2010, 07:26 AM
GMC:er
Saw this show myself in Lousville, KY. I loved it. Cynic are just awe-mazing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mr T
Feb 5 2010, 09:56 AM
Sounds like a tour I wouldn't mind seeing myself! Cool review.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 17 2010, 04:06 PM
Instructor
this is one show I would really happily pay for

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Feb 18 2010, 06:12 AM
Wow!! Awesome! I wonder why the don't organize tours like this one to come to South America. Those 4 bands are great, specially Cynic.

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Feb 18 2010, 11:12 AM
Instructor
I hope to see Devin Townsend live somewhere in the future. I really like him since the "Sex & Religion" era, even I haven't listened to all his works.

This post has been edited by Jerry Arcidiacono: Feb 18 2010, 11:13 AM

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:59 PM