Pictures Of My Show Last Night
SirJamsalot
Nov 4 2011, 09:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
I played a 45 minute set last night - it was a really fun show - my first "indoor" show actually - I've been doing open mics now for the past 2 months every Tuesday night and thought I had shaken most off the nervousness that sets in, but was pretty taken back when I actually started setting up on stage. I realized I didn't warm up, and all the time I had allotted for myself before the show for warming up and setting up was taken away from me by passers-by saying hi and striking up conversations - I didn't plan on that happening smile.gif Live and learn

here are the pictures.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/19904138_Wc...6450494_xzbwGtf

I realize that I need a good 15 minutes (at least) by myself before a show to warm up and go over the set in my mind because when you get up on stage, everything's a blur.

Another thing that I wasn't prepared for was the seating - I expected an open floor with a standing audience - kind of like the open mic I attend. Instead, there were ten rows of seats all facing ... me! at that point, I realized I was going to be the center of attention because I'm also the singer! and an unprepared one at that! haha.

it went well, but boy - did I need a few beers after the show to unwind.

A quick comment about the pictures and I'll stop bending your ear.

My daughter (12 years old) is the photographer! She grabbed my wife's 2K dollar Canon and shot the show. Because of the stage lights, I couldn't see what was going on, but at one point, I caught a blur go by - I looked down and saw my daughter sliding about 10 feet on her knees, then point the camera up and started shooting pics of me. See if you can find the picture of me looking down directly into the camera. She's such a ham - and very talented to boot! That kind of brightened me up on stage to see that happen - smile.gif

Enjoy! I did!
Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 4 2011, 11:30 PM
GMC:er
Mucho congrats on your gig! Playing indoors is it's own animal and you might feel a bit more under the microscope. Sounds like you nailed it though! And your daughter did great on the pix! I think she has a future as a rock photog smile.gif Keep gigging!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Blister
Nov 5 2011, 03:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow! Sarah is just 12? Those pics look so pro! She must be 12 going on 30. I know you sounded as great as the pics. Congrats!

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2011, 07:22 PM
Instructor
Congrats for your gig man!! I really like your pics! I think that your daughter will be a great photographer (she already is!) biggrin.gif
Thanks for sharing your experience.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 5 2011, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Those pics rock ! cool.gif

Yeah, I hate having cold, unresponsive hands when playing a gig.. add to that the adrenaline dump that goes through you for the first few songs, making your hands all shaky and feeling like lead and you have a recipe for fumbling notes, missing strings etc. Happens to me every gig and I've come to recognise it now smile.gif

The warming up part I could do something about (and I should, really) but the adrenaline part will always do it's thang wink.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Nov 5 2011, 08:39 PM
You look happy and seem to enjoy what you're doing - all the best to you smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 5 2011, 10:05 PM
Instructor
Great pics man! I know exactly the filing when all eyes are on you! But, with time the musician get used to it biggrin.gif !
Congratz on the first gig wink.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 6 2011, 12:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 5 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Those pics rock ! cool.gif

Yeah, I hate having cold, unresponsive hands when playing a gig.. add to that the adrenaline dump that goes through you for the first few songs, making your hands all shaky and feeling like lead and you have a recipe for fumbling notes, missing strings etc. Happens to me every gig and I've come to recognise it now smile.gif

The warming up part I could do something about (and I should, really) but the adrenaline part will always do it's thang wink.gif

Oh man...I so feel ya brother sad.gif

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Nov 4 2011, 08:26 PM) *
I played a 45 minute set last night - it was a really fun show - my first "indoor" show actually - I've been doing open mics now for the past 2 months every Tuesday night and thought I had shaken most off the nervousness that sets in, but was pretty taken back when I actually started setting up on stage. I realized I didn't warm up, and all the time I had allotted for myself before the show for warming up and setting up was taken away from me by passers-by saying hi and striking up conversations - I didn't plan on that happening smile.gif Live and learn

here are the pictures.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/19904138_Wc...6450494_xzbwGtf

I realize that I need a good 15 minutes (at least) by myself before a show to warm up and go over the set in my mind because when you get up on stage, everything's a blur.

Another thing that I wasn't prepared for was the seating - I expected an open floor with a standing audience - kind of like the open mic I attend. Instead, there were ten rows of seats all facing ... me! at that point, I realized I was going to be the center of attention because I'm also the singer! and an unprepared one at that! haha.

it went well, but boy - did I need a few beers after the show to unwind.

A quick comment about the pictures and I'll stop bending your ear.

My daughter (12 years old) is the photographer! She grabbed my wife's 2K dollar Canon and shot the show. Because of the stage lights, I couldn't see what was going on, but at one point, I caught a blur go by - I looked down and saw my daughter sliding about 10 feet on her knees, then point the camera up and started shooting pics of me. See if you can find the picture of me looking down directly into the camera. She's such a ham - and very talented to boot! That kind of brightened me up on stage to see that happen - smile.gif

Enjoy! I did!
Chris

Super pics man! Your 12 year daughter is a better photographer than me, that's for certain!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Nov 7 2011, 09:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
Haha, yah - thanks everyone. My daughter is something else. So much energy and creativity - If she could focus on any one thing, I know she'd be amazing at it - problem is getting her focus! She wants to do everything, not just one thing - and of course, at that age, she's impatient!

She want's to get on stage with me though! She already has a few songs picked out - one of them is the Season 2 Nairuto opener. If you haven't heard it - it's actually pretty good biggrin.gif So I'm getting my band to learn it so she can get up on stage and sing it for us! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 8 2011, 05:30 PM
Congrats to both you and her!!! She has a great eye for a shot!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 10 2011, 12:53 PM
Instructor
Wow, awesome to hear this man, I think the pictures are excellent, your daughter is very good photographer! smile.gif It seems like a very cool band! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Nov 11 2011, 02:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 10 2011, 03:53 AM) *
Wow, awesome to hear this man, I think the pictures are excellent, your daughter is very good photographer! smile.gif It seems like a very cool band! smile.gif

thanks!
We have a lot of fun - 25 covers so far, and building our repertoire weekly!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:42 PM