Mtp December Thread - Staffy
Luciana Segovia
Dec 7 2009, 03:42 AM
Singing Instructor
Hello Staffy! Welcome to the vocal MTP of december!!!

Please post here your CV:

tell me if you have ever sung, if you know something about vocal technique and please also post your influences and favorite music.

ps: if you have any video or audio of you singing... please post it too .

Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Staffy
Dec 8 2009, 05:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Luciana !
I'm Staffan. I'm 45 years and had been dealing with music in my whole life, except for a 10 year break, which I came back from recently. Im really thrilled bout this and looking forward to the lessons!!! smile.gif Here is my cv.
I've been singing more or less since I was a child (by 40 years by now), I was in the school choirs and when we started our first band in the 70's I was sharing the lead vocals with our bass player. I was studying music in the beginning of the 80's where I had a lot of singing lessons, so I very much know bout technique/breathing/the stomach and stuff like that. Later in the 80's I've been singing lead in several bands as the "second" lead singer, just doing some 8-10 song a night. I was working as a troubadour in the early 90's and was performing all lead vocals by myself, so I have sung quite a lot of songs/styles in my day's.

The goals for me is to extend my upper range and sing higher notes with less effort, be better at english pronounciation and to get my voice in good shape again since I haven't really been singing for years. Also I want to improve in my favourite areas which is really soul/blues. Nowadays I'm working on my own band that is supposed to be a heavy blues band. Funny enough is that my voice is most suited for ballads and Elvis-like stuff - which I DON'T prefer to sing... *lol* , eg. it's pretty clean and dark, I would give my left foot to be a really good tenor.......

My favourite artists are really all great jazz singers, Michael McDonald, Chet Baker, Luciana Souza, Marvin Gaye, Joss Stone, the Soul Divas eg. Houston, Mariah Carey, Beyonce and of course Eva Cassidy.... and maybe forgot some here, but Im really freaked out on good singers.

I have tons of material made during the years, but not so much on the internet though.... but here is soime samples:

Hallelujah
Monicas vals (Waltz for Debby, in Swedish)
Demons in Tango (Own blues tune)

On MySpace:
Staffays Home (only new recordings, and home for my blues project)
Staffays Home (only new recordings, and home for my blues project)

On YouTube:

See ya soon!!! (or hear....)

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Dec 9 2009, 06:57 AM
Singing Instructor
Hi Staffy!
hahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
you are so funny man!.. I just saw your myspace!, and there's a video( dust my Broom) hahahah so so funny! Congratulations!!!

You are an awsome guitarrist, and excelent actor, and great singer! Definitively blues is your style! your raspy voice is great for that!

I read that you want to extend your range, and I want to ask you something...are you training for that? or do you have a rutine to warm up your voice ?...if your answer is yes, please tell me what you have been doing... In order that your assignment complements your work.
If not, don't worry...

I noticed that you smoke. And Staffy, I'm so sorry to tell you that it goes in opposition to the high notes. We'll do our best part, but it's good to know this to be patient when the voice doens't answers in our exercises. You have to drink a lot of water.

I heard all your material: a lot of them were very great, specially when we are talking about blues style.. but if we are talking about other style like your Hallelujah version there's a lot of different little things that we can develop.
Your vibrato is awsome like your performance. wink.gif I love when people can says more things without words!
In the Monicas vals I heard insecurity in your voice.I don't feel perfect pitches. And I'm terrible with that!..sometimes it was out of tune. But i noticed it was a difficult song and I supposed you are singing and playing your guitar at the same time.. Maybe that's the reason...

The rest of the songs was really great! cool.gif
Maybe we have to work your agility of the voice. You have a good force on your voice but difficulty in "sweet" songs without effort, right?

this is your assignment for this week: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson2/

Be careful, Im a girl so my pitch is an octave higher than you, ok? Always practice an octave lower than me.

about practice: routine is good. I always prefer 10 minutes a day than an hour only one day.. ok?. practice this and if you can, i need to film yourself showing me your face and your neck. I have to see if your adam apple goes down while you are doing this exercise.
and try to post that video on friday or saturday...

If you have doubts, feel free to ask me EVERYTHING you want WHENEVER you want.

cheers! and good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:46 PM