Writing A Song
ChocolateTeddy
Apr 22 2012, 02:45 PM
GMC:er
ugh i always have the same problem and I have to admit, its the main reason I am on and off when it comes to playing instruments.
I always end up screwed when it comes to writing songs. I have 2 books filled of lyrics and no music to go with it. when I try to write/play something that can go with the lyric or atleast the flow, I end up with something completely different >_>
Sometimes I think I'm over thinking it all other times I think I let what other people think or say matter too much. wtf how do I solve this?
any tips? what do you guys do when you run into a road block like this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2012, 03:59 PM
Instructor
I compose a lot of music all the time but my approach is similar to Cosmin's. I first create melodies, chord progressions, riffs, structures and then I add the lyrics. If you want to compose music in a particular style, the best way to start is analyzing songs and bands that sound like that. I'm working on something like with some students at Gab's Army. We first analyze some songs and then we start creating ideas and song based on the concepts and tools used on those songs.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:25 PM