New Canon T3i, Guitar Cover
thefireball
Apr 26 2012, 08:56 AM
Learning Roadie
This video was shot with my new Canon T3i 1080p HD camera. This is the first video I have uploaded using this camera. I'm very pleased with the result. Thanks to Jordan, my brother, for being behind the camera.

This is one live take - the very first take. My guitar is sitting in the center of the mix. I'm using POD Farm 2 to achieve my tone.

Download the preset here:
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/218683/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 26 2012, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Superb quality smile.gif .As I told you -Canon rule biggrin.gif

edit:

I forgot to give you a tip: don't zooming during recording! The exposure is changing and the picture becomes alternately bright and darker !
In the MENU set movie exposure to MANUAL..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Apr 26 2012, 02:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 26 2012, 09:22 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Apr 26 2012, 08:14 AM) *
Superb quality smile.gif .As I told you -Canon rule biggrin.gif

edit:

I forgot to give you a tip: don't zooming during recording! The exposure is changing and the picture becomes alternately bright and darker !
In the MENU set movie exposure to MANUAL..

Thank you very much for that tip! I will definitely try that. We liked the zooming and the exposure thing will help a lot.

Any idea why the T3i doesn't come on sometimes?

+Quote Post
Socky42
Apr 26 2012, 09:34 PM
GMC:er
Good god.....1080p is like im actually there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 26 2012, 09:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 26 2012, 10:22 PM) *
Any idea why the T3i doesn't come on sometimes?

You mean- wont turn on ???

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tangomouse
Apr 26 2012, 10:11 PM
well done, i'm very impressed!!!

+Quote Post
michaelwalker
Apr 26 2012, 10:34 PM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 26 2012, 07:56 AM) *
This video was shot with my new Canon T3i 1080p HD camera. This is the first video I have uploaded using this camera. I'm very pleased with the result. Thanks to Jordan, my brother, for being behind the camera.

This is one live take - the very first take. My guitar is sitting in the center of the mix. I'm using POD Farm 2 to achieve my tone.

Was this the Camera sound? on board? or something else recorded the sound?

--------------------
Guitars: Jackson DK2S, Jackson JS-20, Peavey AT-200 autotune, my homemade Gibson Flying V, ESP MH-301, Ibanez ARTCORE AF-75, Ibanez Mikro, Yamaha JR-1, Yamaha F-335, Epiphone Artisit 200, Ovation Idea, and last but not least a rare Brownsville Mini.

Amps: Crate GX-2200H with 2 Crate 4X12, Fender G-Dec3, ZT Lunchbox, ZOOM G3X Effects and Amp Simulator

+Quote Post
maharzan
Apr 26 2012, 10:57 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Awesome man, congrats for the new toy! smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 26 2012, 11:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for stopping by, everybody! smile.gif Glad you enjoyed! It means a lot.

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Apr 26 2012, 03:59 PM) *
You mean- wont turn on ???

Yes. I read somewhere on the web if you take out the battery, turn on the cam, and hold the shutter button down for a few seconds it can help. Drains any excess power?? It sometimes does work - or at least it appears so.. I'm not really sure how I am making the camera work again. It's just sometimes I turn the switch to ON and nothing happens. After fiddling with the battery it seems to work. I wonder if I got a faulty battery? The connections seem to be in good working condition. The thing was new, but anything is possible. I can at least use it most of the time. I don't always have that trouble. smile.gif

QUOTE (michaelwalker @ Apr 26 2012, 04:34 PM) *
Was this the Camera sound? on board? or something else recorded the sound?

While the camera audio is utterly amazing from what I am used to, I used the actual track and my recorded audio in the computer. So no camera audio got through - it was muted. You will get to hear the quality of the audio in my upcoming artist channel video, however. Link in my signature below. wink.gif Sub if you like! I need all the support I can get for those who like my work.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 26 2012, 11:24 PM
Instructor
For the first time I hear of that problem. But batteries, yes, that can be ... I heard that through Amazon.com sells a lot of bad copies, maybe you ran into one such! In any case, buy another, you will need it! Go to the first store, ask them to try the camera with their battery - If the camera works several times in a row on/off - that's it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 27 2012, 12:14 AM
Instructor
Great video and quality man! Congrats on the new camera. I like the band Red, it sometimes reminds me to A Perfect Circle, does it happen to you? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 27 2012, 03:22 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 26 2012, 06:14 PM) *
Great video and quality man! Congrats on the new camera. I like the band Red, it sometimes reminds me to A Perfect Circle, does it happen to you? smile.gif

Thanks, Gab! I must say I have never heard of the band A Perfect Circle.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2012, 07:51 AM
Nice smile.gif As Sinisa mentioned, going manual on your settings will prevent the "auto" from messing with your shot. AUTO is darn handy though. But typically best used when lighting and distance to subject are not likely to change.

Great cam! Stock glass? Also, what frame rate are you recording at? If it's not 24p give that a shot as it looks sorta "flimic" where as some higher frame rates look more video/newsy.

Todd

QUOTE (thefireball @ Apr 26 2012, 03:56 AM) *

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 27 2012, 08:51 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 27 2012, 01:51 AM) *
Nice smile.gif As Sinisa mentioned, going manual on your settings will prevent the "auto" from messing with your shot. AUTO is darn handy though. But typically best used when lighting and distance to subject are not likely to change.

Great cam! Stock glass? Also, what frame rate are you recording at? If it's not 24p give that a shot as it looks sorta "flimic" where as some higher frame rates look more video/newsy.

Todd

I'll have to look into the frame rate thing. Thanks for that too. Stock Glass?? You mean the lens? If so, it is the 18-55mm lens.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2012, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Hey Brandon! Nice playing and it looks like your new cam is something wink.gif biggrin.gif Congrats!

+Quote Post
spacebran
Apr 28 2012, 07:42 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
The quality is superb! Nice playing.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 28 2012, 10:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks guys! wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 PM