New Instructor - Marcus Siepen, Blind Guardian guitarist
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 5 2008, 05:35 PM
GMC Founder
Hi there,

It's a great honour for me to present Marcus Siepen from German metal band Blind Guardian as an instructor at GMC!

Marcus discovered GMC some weeks ago more or less by accident. He was blown away by GMC and our instructors and immediately signed up for an account. Here is what he says in his blog:

Some weeks ago I discovered the site of Guitarmasterclass , an awesome webpage with tons of great lessons for guitarists. The lessons come in form of videos, with tabs and whatever else you might need to follow them and the variety is endless, from very simple things for beginners up to stuff that most likely I will only be able to play after 15 years of daily practice (and with some of the lessons I am not sure if those 15 years would be enough for me ;-) ) I immediately loved the idea, putting lessons from all kinds of teachers online in one webpage is just great and I thought it would be a great chance for me to also restart giving guitar lessons, and guess what, today I was accepted as a new teacher for GMC :-) So whoever is interested in learning new things, check out this page, there are awesome lessons online already and soon there will also be my first lessons.

Marcus quickly spotted topics which were lacking at GMC so - so stay tuned for his first lesson! biggrin.gif

On a personal note I am very happy Marcus found his way - because I no longer had any excuse not to dive into Blind Guardian's music. I am currently listening to "A Twist in the Myth" and I am blown away by the tight guitars and atmospheric songs! Best part is - I have a total of 11 (!!) albums to check out! biggrin.gif

So be sure to check out the Blind Guardian site - as well as Blind Guardian GMC reviews.

Welcome to GMC Marcus!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 5 2008, 05:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
A Twist In The Myth is a great album! smile.gif I can't beleive we have him as an instructor! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 5 2008, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
WOW thats awsome i love Blind Guardian

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Gen
Mar 5 2008, 05:40 PM
GMC:er
That's amazing! I cant believe it laugh.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 5 2008, 05:40 PM
Wow.. I'm speechless it's a true honour to have an instructor who enjoyd so much success in the music industry..

Welcome Marcus!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 5 2008, 05:41 PM
This is awesome indeed. Welcome Marcus!

--------------------

+Quote Post
CyanideChris
Wow that's amazing.
Blind Guardian are one of my faves.
Great to have you here Marcus, can't wait to see what you bring smile.gif

--------------------
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP M-II
Ibanez UV777BK w/BK-Warpig/Coldsweat
ENGL Savage SE
Mesa Dual Rectifier (two channel)

+Quote Post
bham
Holy!

my friends are gonna be blown away when i tell them that my guitar teacher is the guitarist from BLIND GUARDIAN (they're all huge fans).

Go GMC!

see if you can get mike einziger from Incubus to teach guitar lessons next >_>

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 5 2008, 05:42 PM
Cool! Welcome Marcus. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 5 2008, 05:42 PM
Welcome!! Great, this will probably bring many new members to GMC!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 5 2008, 05:49 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Awesome news- i'll be checking out Blind Guardian right away!

Welcome Marcus i'm looking forward to your lessons smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 5 2008, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Welcome Marcus!! This is great, I love Blind Guardian, I can't wait for your first lesson! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 5 2008, 05:53 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome Marcus! I really enjoyed reading through your blog - Im really pleased you could join us and I look foward to learning from you smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 5 2008, 05:53 PM
Instructor
blink.gif

This is a great news.
Welcome Marcus!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 5 2008, 05:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow I am truly speechless !!! This is just too awesome... smile.gif

Welcome Marcus!!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 5 2008, 05:57 PM

I can't believe it!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I ADORE Blind Guardian!!!!!!!!
It's incredible we can have you as an instructor.....so well... WELCOME!!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 5 2008, 05:57 PM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 5 2008, 05:59 PM
Admitting here, Not familiar with blind guardian but, having a instructor whos already that famous sounds REALLY interesting! smile.gif

So, My warmest welcomes to you Marcus! smile.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 5 2008, 06:02 PM
Instructor
Wow! Fantastic!!! biggrin.gif

Welcome Marcus! Looking forward to your lessons!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 5 2008, 06:04 PM
Instructor
WOW !!!! I'm speechless !!!! AMAZING, it's an honour to have this guitar player here wink.gif

I can't believe it, welcome to this site Marcus !!!!!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 5 2008, 06:07 PM
Instructor
hehe, I see that he was born the 8th of September... hehe, I was born the 9th of Septembre biggrin.gif hehehe, this month rules !!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 10:56 AM