> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Coffeeman’s Creative Guitar Works, for Gab's Army
coffeeman
Dec 2 2013, 10:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Totally agree with you. What can I do to improve creating melody line?

Did you checked my latest song? What do you think about the guitar solo?

https://soundcloud.com/andrucoffeeman/uno-draft-no-vocals

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 2 2013, 11:18 PM
Instructor
Nice track! I like it! It sounds groovy, rocker and could be a hit with a powerful vocal melody! smile.gif

Regarding the creation of melodies, there are some tips that helped me and I think that with practice will help you too.

- Ear training: Play the scale over the backing and sing the notes of it. Try to incorporate the sound of each note and pay attention to how it sounds over the backing. This will train your ear but it will also make the connection between your mind and guitar stronger.

- Sing melodies over the backing. If you've already done the ear training, you will be able to sing ideas on scale so let your mind create the melodies without the guitar as a distraction and once you like a melody, transpose it to your guitar.

- Learn the arpeggio of each chord from the progression and create the melodies using only chord tones, following the chords. Start with long notes, maybe 1 or 2 per chord. Then you can use other notes from the scale just as passing notes to connect the chord tones.

Interesting video about it:

- Sing over songs that you like, use them karaoke tracks and try to create variations to the melodies.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 4 2013, 03:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Those exercises look awesome I'm going to try them.

Here is my first REC take of one of the lesson of the new routine:

Ratt Style

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 4 2013, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 3 2013, 11:50 PM) *
Those exercises look awesome I'm going to try them.

Here is my first REC take of one of the lesson of the new routine:

Ratt Style

Nice take! I just commented there. smile.gif

Let's add some melodic work in your diary routine. You can do it during the "Theory" & "Jamming" moments.

1. Play A minor scale and sing each note while you play it. Be sure that you sing on pitch. (5 minutes)

2. Learn Am, G major and F Major arpeggios. Singe the notes while you play them. (5 minutes). Learn one arpeggio position of each chord each day. (5 minutes)

3. Play the scale over the backing of this lesson. Play it in order, then random notes, but always singing along.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Buckethead-Style/

4. Follow the chords of the same backing with arpeggios. Sing the notes while you play them.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Buckethead-Style/

5. Compose one new melody every day. I expect 7 different melodies from you this week over Buckethead's lesson. The first day, compose it with your voice first and then play it in the guitar, the second day compose it directly using arpeggios and the scale with your guitar, third day voice, fourth day guitar, and so.

I'm really excited to know what happens with this. smile.gif

Any question?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2013, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, how are you? I was wondering how was your routine work this week and if you could add the melodic work.
Please keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 17 2013, 04:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hey my friend, how is everything going?

Congrats on your concert this weekend, you're a true rockstar!!!! Im your fan!

Thanks a lot on the comments on the RATT style lesson, I've been practicing this days but less than 2 hours, and one thing that's been happening is that I start practicing on the alternate picking lesson and I get to excited and I spend a whole hour on it, and then I change to the rhythm lesson(It's an amazing lesson I love it all the way) and I spend the other hour on it. Ja!

So, I started working on the Rage lesson, it is awesome I love it and I hope to upload a REC take today or tomorrow. Do you have the patch for the tremolo part, I haven't been able to get a nice sound for that particular part.

On the other hand I've been practicing the melody exercise, and it is awesome also. I joined this Ben collab so I made yesterday the same exercise of playing and singing the scale and the arpeggios over it, and I hope to come up with a nice melody to upload it.

Please let me know if my messy way of working on the routine is not beneficial and I'll stick to the times on the routine.

Thanks as always my friend.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2013, 03:58 AM
Instructor
Hello friend, thanks for your kind words! Not a rockstar, a rock hard worker. biggrin.gif It's been an amazing weekend that ended on Sunday playing a song as a guest with a known local band very close to Blink 182.

Well, your update sounds really good. I don't think that it's a problem that you change a bit the routine since the most important thing is to keep you motivated and practicing. One good trick that you could try is to use this idea for routines:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50683

Regarding the tone, I remember that I added the tremolo in the daw but it's simple to set it, It's a tremolo set in 16th notes, but you have to be sure to set the fx tempo in 175. What pod are you using?

And about the melodies, exciting stuff! but I want to hear... when are the melody ideas coming to this thread??? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 21 2013, 02:38 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey gaby here is my entry for whit snake xmass collar from Ben , what do you thing of the melodies and of the take in general?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2013, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Hey friend!! Now we're talking!! The first half of this solo is awesome! I'm really happy to see that your melodies are becoming more defined. Then you play some scale patterns, that at first sound good but then the part becomes a bit long but the overall works great!

How was the composition process?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 9 2014, 04:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Happy new year my friend!

To get started on our workout what do you think if we establish the 2014 goals?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2014, 10:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 9 2014, 12:50 PM) *
Happy new year my friend!

To get started on our workout what do you think if we establish the 2014 goals?

Happy new year! It's a very good way to start... we have phrase in Argentina that says "soy todo oido" and means that I'm open to what you have to say. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 9 2014, 10:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 9 2014, 04:01 PM) *
Happy new year! It's a very good way to start... we have phrase in Argentina that says "soy todo oido" and means that I'm open to what you have to say. biggrin.gif

hahaha we use that expression too.

So my biggest goal of the year is to record an EP with 5 of my original songs with vocals, I have already composed the music of 4 songs. And starting from that point I would say the following goals:

• Create great melody lines on the guitar and singing
  • Know all the modes by memory(by ear, not on the guitar)
  • Play 16Th note triplets at 120 BPM in alternate picking and legato
  • Play 16th notes at 140 BPM AP and Legato
  • Improve my vibrato and bending

What do you think? Should I be more specific, less specific? The goals are to high , to low?

Thanks my friend!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 10 2014, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the goals are very well focused. I think that having this goals in mind will really help us to keep the right direction during this year. I think that it's a very complete program so we can start working. I think that having a weekly routine will really help.

How many hours a day do you think you can dedicate to music?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 10 2014, 03:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I miss two goals
  • Improve my rhythm guitar playing
  • Improve my riff and rhythm composing skills

I'll practice 3 hours a day for at least 4 days a week.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2014, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this sounds very good for me. I was thinking that your routine could look like this. Please tell me your thoughts and variations!

Warming Up:

HOUR 1:

Alternate Picking.

Legato.

Feeling & expression.

HOUR 2:

Rhythm.

Modes.

Learning melodies by ear.

HOUR 3:

Working on your music.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 13 2014, 03:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Excellent, let's do it!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2014, 04:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 13 2014, 11:47 AM) *
Excellent, let's do it!

Great! Could you please post here your lesson suggestions for each topic?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 14 2014, 08:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Gabi,

These are my suggestions, what do you think:

Warming Up: John Petrucci warm uo

Alternate Picking.
Move your little finger
Modal Madness

Legato.
Legato Workshop 1

Feeling & expression.
Bending Ballad

Rhythm.
Bullet for my valentine Style
Rage Against the machine style

Modes & Learning melodies by ear.
What do your think if a I learn this one by ear, and only from the main video, and after this one we choose another mode and so on? What do you think?
Rock Solo Major

That exercise you gave to sing the scales and arpeggios over a progression was very cool , I think it would be very helpful.

So what do you think?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2014, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, you lesson choice is very precise. Let's go for those lessons! When you say "Petrucci's warming up", do you mean stretches but also the warming up exercises that he shares in the guitar?

If not, let's add this lessons for the warming up moment:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

The alternate picking exercises as well as the legato workshop are very demanding but effective so I think these ones will help if you practice them patiently at comfortable tempo and increase it slowly.

Regarding BFMV lesson, here you can download a link in dropped D, to make your practice smoother and avoid having to change the tuning of every string when you are doing your routine. You just have to change 6 string pitch. LINK

Finally, your idea for ear training sounds great for me and also let's re-activate the workout that I gave you but now with new scales, modes / arpeggios.

We could choose a new backing track, maybe Winter's collab, or any other that you have in mind... post it here and we can analyze which scales work over it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Aug 4 2015, 08:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabi,

I'm back.

So, is there a chance to start working again? I'm playing in a new band, I'm playing guitar(sometimes lead, sometimes rhythm) and I'm the lead vocalist. So I'm learning a lot of songs(Mostly covers) and I'm working on my own songs too. So I'm practicing 1 hour vocal technique, 1 hour songs(Singing and playing) and 1 hour only guitar.

Please let me know if there is room to start working again.

Abrazo.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:16 PM