Hi To All!
w4rl3x
Sep 9 2011, 10:17 AM
GMC:er
Hy my name is Alex and like others around here i would like to introduce myself smile.gif .

I started playing guitar at age of 16 and the thing that pulled me into this was a videogame, strange enough - Guitar Hero. Until
that time i was not interested in rock music at all but then i heard it, it blew my mind right away and now for the rest of my life i'm gona
love this music.
First i was realy into thrash metal like Metallica, which is one of my bigest influences. Iwould stay all the time and try to nail those riffs
from all of their songs. After that i became more interested into more traditional metal like Iron Maiden, Accept, Saxon and especialy Judas
Priest which is my favourite band right now. I also like classic rock bands like Deep Purple, Led Zepelin and Ac/Dc. In one word i like everything that is old and classic because there surely be noone who'll capture the glory of those old times considering the fact that the nowdays music leaves a lot to be wished.

Well that's my story, hope you enjoyed it and i respect everyone around here because it's such a great comunity where everybody realy cares.

LONG LIVE ROCK'N'ROLL!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by w4rl3x: Sep 9 2011, 10:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 9 2011, 10:32 AM
Instructor
Hail, Alex ! cool.gif

Always good to see somebody who appreciates the classic rock and metal bands biggrin.gif Welcome to the site.

What sort of things (on the guitar) are you currently working on right now ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 9 2011, 10:44 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Alex! smile.gif

Great to have you in the forum.
I'm here if you have any GMC related questions - just PM me.

Cheers,
Bogdan

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
w4rl3x
Sep 9 2011, 10:53 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 9 2011, 09:32 AM) *
Hail, Alex ! cool.gif

Always good to see somebody who appreciates the classic rock and metal bands biggrin.gif Welcome to the site.

What sort of things (on the guitar) are you currently working on right now ?

I realy try to pay more atention to sweep picking because it's the technique that i practiced the least and it realy gives me a hard time but with the rich and very helpful material around here and good practice i think i'll nail it. You sir, and other instructors around here sure give a lot of good workouts.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 9 2011, 09:44 AM) *
Welcome to GMC Alex! smile.gif

Great to have you in the forum.
I'm here if you have any GMC related questions - just PM me.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Thanks a lot!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 9 2011, 11:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (w4rl3x @ Sep 9 2011, 10:53 AM) *
I realy try to pay more atention to sweep picking because it's the technique that i practiced the least and it realy gives me a hard time but with the rich and very helpful material around here and good practice i think i'll nail it. You sir, and other instructors around here sure give a lot of good workouts.

Sweeping is a weak point for me too. I decided to make a feature of it and make an exercise which I, and the GMC members could practice and update their progress here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=40321

Feel free to give that a go too ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
w4rl3x
Sep 9 2011, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 9 2011, 10:04 AM) *
Sweeping is a weak point for me too. I decided to make a feature of it and make an exercise which I, and the GMC members could practice and update their progress here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=40321

Feel free to give that a go too ! smile.gif

Thanks, i will.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 9 2011, 12:29 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (w4rl3x @ Sep 9 2011, 10:17 AM) *
... i became more interested into more traditional metal like Iron Maiden, Accept, Saxon and especialy Judas
Priest which is my favourite band right now....

Welcome to GMC. If you like Maiden and Priest have a listen to Ben's band The Reckoning smile.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 9 2011, 03:33 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC!

Commit to learn at least 2-3 lesson a week and you'll see progress fast!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 9 2011, 03:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC!
Don't miss the awesome video chats...but beware, it's hard to tell who is crazier, the instructors or the students laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 9 2011, 10:34 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC, Alex! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 10 2011, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man, very nice story smile.gif

I also like classic music a lot, I think that music "lost it's face" today.

Well, it's great to see you are practicing those sweeps. If you need any help regarding practice, or anything, feel free to let us know! smile.gif

If you're interested, check out video chats, we talk about interesting topics every day. You can find schedule on the main page.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 10 2011, 03:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 9 2011, 12:29 PM) *
Welcome to GMC. If you like Maiden and Priest have a listen to Ben's band The Reckoning smile.gif

Thank you, Tony.. I'm please to see that it wasn't a waste sending you that money through the post tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 9 2011, 03:58 PM) *
Welcome to GMC!
Don't miss the awesome video chats...but beware, it's hard to tell who is crazier, the instructors or the students laugh.gif

Very true ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Sep 11 2011, 05:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Welcome to GMC man, no better place for making progress !!

Good Luck

Nico

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
WilliamWhite
Sep 11 2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome and enjoy your stay here...as I do tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2011, 06:50 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 9 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Welcome to GMC!

Well said! I vote the instructors! wink.gif Prepare yourself! smile.gif Seriously, welcome to GMC and please do join me in our SATURDAY METAL MELTDOWN @ 10PM GMT.

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 30 2011, 08:21 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC mate! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 30 2011, 08:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay. Which I'm sure you will. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Oct 8 2011, 05:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (w4rl3x @ Sep 9 2011, 09:17 AM) *
Hy my name is Alex and like others around here i would like to introduce myself smile.gif .

I started playing guitar at age of 16 and the thing that pulled me into this was a videogame, strange enough - Guitar Hero. Until
that time i was not interested in rock music at all but then i heard it, it blew my mind right away and now for the rest of my life i'm gona
love this music.
First i was realy into thrash metal like Metallica, which is one of my bigest influences. Iwould stay all the time and try to nail those riffs
from all of their songs. After that i became more interested into more traditional metal like Iron Maiden, Accept, Saxon and especialy Judas
Priest which is my favourite band right now. I also like classic rock bands like Deep Purple, Led Zepelin and Ac/Dc. In one word i like everything that is old and classic because there surely be noone who'll capture the glory of those old times considering the fact that the nowdays music leaves a lot to be wished.

Well that's my story, hope you enjoyed it and i respect everyone around here because it's such a great comunity where everybody realy cares.

LONG LIVE ROCK'N'ROLL!!!

Heey man, welcome to the site! smile.gif Well your "influence history" is a lot similar to mine! I also listened to a lot of Metallica before and I swear in classic rock and metal bands like PUrple, Priest and Maiden. biggrin.gif Glad to have you with us, long live rock 'n' roll mate biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Oct 8 2011, 06:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome Alex!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 17 2011, 03:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (w4rl3x @ Sep 9 2011, 09:17 AM) *

love this music.

LONG LIVE ROCK'N'ROLL!!!

Hello!! My name is Alex as well!!! It's very nice to meet you! Led Zeppelin was one of mine biggest influences! Welcome to GMC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 AM