2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Instructional Dvd's
Nick325
Jul 28 2007, 11:58 PM
GMC:er
anyone know of good instructional DVD's?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 29 2007, 12:03 AM
Lets go fishing!
Yeah kris actually has a good one biggrin.gif

I think the Paul Gilbert Intense Rock one is mean to be awsome, but its probably intermediate/advanced - i dont know what level your at ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 29 2007, 12:05 AM
I think Kris has 2 instructional DVD's which you can buy at Free Licks. Check them out.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 29 2007, 12:10 AM
im an intermediate/advanced player. i was thinking about getting the paul gilbert intense rock dvd anyone have it and is it good.

i looked on freelicks.net. i cant find kris's dvd

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 29 2007, 12:13 AM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Jul 28 2007, 05:10 PM) *
im an intermediate/advanced player. i was thinking about getting the paul gilbert intense rock dvd anyone have it and is it good.

ok, here are the links for Kris's DVD's:

hope it helps.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 29 2007, 02:31 AM
Greg Koch got 2 really awesome SRV DVD's.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 29 2007, 05:54 AM
anyone know about rusty cooley's dvds? pavel?

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 29 2007, 05:55 AM
John Petrucci's Rock Discipline.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 29 2007, 06:06 AM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 29 2007, 12:55 AM) *
John Petrucci's Rock Discipline.

i saw that one its like 50$ i saw clips from it. does he actually teach you stuff or is it him just playing?

+Quote Post
Haas1mj
Jul 29 2007, 06:23 AM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Jul 29 2007, 12:06 AM) *
i saw that one its like 50$ i saw clips from it. does he actually teach you stuff or is it him just playing?

He teaches you a lot of stuff on developing speed and accuracy in your playing. It's not the most entertaining DVD but the stuff he does teach is really good.

--------------------
Gear

Guitars:

Ibanez Rg 2550e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Fender Standard Telecaster (Fender Custom Shop Pickups)
Fender 50's Stratocaster (Seymour Duncan Pickups)
Amp/effects:
Line 6 PODxt Live

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 29 2007, 10:54 AM
Lets go fishing!
If i wasnt already a GMC member id buy Kris's. I also like the look of Roo's DVD very much !!!!

QUOTE (Nick325 @ Jul 29 2007, 12:10 AM) *

No but ive just ordered the PG Intense rock dvd so ill let you know!!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jul 29 2007, 10:49 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 29 2007, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Paul Guilbert's Intense Rock instructional DVD is pretty old and you won't find anything that is not already covered on GMC. Sequences and using scale and sequences are covered in my Alternate Picking lessons, Sweeping in combination with alternate picking is also covered in my lessons and string skipping is also covered in my lesson biggrin.gif So - you don't need it! Ain't GMC cool?? smile.gif

Nick: i have Rusty's instructionals and they are really amazing but they are for really advanced players because he's a maniac. His stuff is too difficult for major part of planet population, i only practiced 2 or 3 exercises out of it. And also a lot of his exercises are for 7-string guitar so i plan to really start practicing it once i get my 7-string.

When you see him playing those licks and try to play it yourself you realize how bad you actually are and how slow you can pick. That's the bad part of it. The good part is - i use those instructionals as a motivation and as a source of ideas. For example - my AP 4 lesson came to life when i used his approach to building licks so i guess it's good to everyone to have those DVDs.

Right, forgot to mention - Michael Angelo's - Speed Kills 1 and 2 are good instructionals for both beginners and advanced players.

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jul 29 2007, 12:37 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 29 2007, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Nick:
If you are on some beginner or medium level of skills,any DVD listed here is good for you.
Of course not to mention lessons at GMC,which are more than helpful cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 29 2007, 01:52 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 29 2007, 12:34 PM) *
Paul Guilbert's Intense Rock instructional DVD is pretty old and you won't find anything that is not already covered on GMC.

But Pavel, oldie's are not necessarily any less value!! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roo
Jul 29 2007, 02:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Jul 28 2007, 11:58 PM) *
anyone know of good instructional DVD's?

What do you want to learn? What do you expect from this purchase?
What side ot technique and theory do you want to improve? What are your practice habits..?
If you mentioned P.Gilbert, you are into shred. A lot of instructionnal Dvds learn you to play like the guy
but you still have to understand by yourself some prosess.
There are thousands of Dvds for beginner, they all show the same basics, it's easy to pick to right one.
When you are advanced like you, usually you pick a dvd from an artist you know because of his personal sound. Except the Rock Discipline, I dont see a lot of " general shred" instructional stuffs...
If you buy from an artist you dont like a lot, it possible you say " I already know all those licks from GMC"

Myself Im interested in Bruce Bouillet Dvd, I really love his touch and also the last Frank Gambale Dvd, I saw some clip on youtube... he really kills me. I should check where to buy it.

--------------------
Let's meet on myspace!
IPB Image

Official website.
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 29 2007, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 29 2007, 02:52 PM) *
But Pavel, oldie's are not necessarily any less value!! wink.gif

No, but usually the lessons in those oldies are already learned like 30000 times. You have it all at GMC already! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 29 2007, 02:56 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 29 2007, 02:17 PM) *
No, but usually the lessons in those oldies are already learned like 30000 times. You have it all at GMC already! smile.gif

I agree they would offer little over the great GMC content. Defintatly more for PG enthusiast who want to add a little gilbertesque style into there own! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 29 2007, 04:02 PM
Michael Angelo Bato's speed kills volume 1 and 2.You beter be a advanced player to pull this stuff off. biggrin.gif
I think his website is www.angelo.com

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 29 2007, 05:04 PM
ok thanks for the answer guys. mattacuk let me know when you get the paul gilbert dvd. pavel i guess i wont get the rusty cooley dvds becuase if u cant do them i cant and your like amazing. does anyone have the michael angelo batio dvds? theres speed kills 1,2,3 and speed lives. which are the best

This post has been edited by Nick325: Jul 29 2007, 05:17 PM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 29 2007, 05:31 PM
Instructor
I started my shred-life with Speed Kills 1 - the guy explains lots of useful things so this one is very good to have, it's also not very difficult to practice. He goes from some basic exercises to more advanced. I saw Speed Kills 2 this year - it's also good.

I recently got Speed Lives and it's just like GMC lessons. He shows how to play his "No Boundaries" song piece by piece, with tabs and slow-downs.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:16 PM