String Ringing Noise, help
peterorg54
Feb 3 2008, 12:31 AM
GMC:er
ok, so when i play my guitar, either just playing scales or song.

let's say im doing 3 notes per string scale. ( c major or whatever)

i hit low E string and then move up to A string, but at that moment E string is still ringing while i'm hitting A string,and it's not good to hear. do u guys know what i mean ?

so how do i fix this or how do i make it not to do that ?

do i palm mute it ? but it's too hard to palm mute it all time while im playing, and i don't think paul gilbert mutes it when he's playing real fast. i even tried to make my fretting weaker, so maybe it won't ring hard. but that was not it.

i dont know if anyone has this experience.

oh and let's share some advice about how to play cleaner on guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
swingline
Feb 3 2008, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
I naturally lie the meat by my thumb on the above strings when I play, it usually is kind of a personal thing, so get a lot of input and find the one for you. smile.gif Also it takes time and experiece, no one is always perfect, its something that builds upon its self forever. So the more you play the better you get at it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by swingline: Feb 3 2008, 12:45 AM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:02 PM