4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Desert Bus Collab !, I was bullied into it by 2 Europeans....
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2013, 05:35 PM
Instructor
Hey GMC and welcome to a new VIDEO Collab - I call it the DESERT BUS COLLAB ! Why ?? Because 2 of our 'lovable' GMC regulars (A certain German and Finn who shall remain nameless)decided to start a campaign of terror against me, urging me to come and do a new collab for you all. wink.gif Among their suggested materials of 'Inspiration' was this awesome bus simulator game, called.. you guessed it, 'DESERT BUS.'

However, never one to shy away from a challenge.. I actually went and spent some time in the American desert and recorded some ambient sounds which you will hear on the following backing track.

Attached File  Desert_Bus_Collab.mp3 ( 1.37MB ) Number of downloads: 548

For my musical cues, I was inspired by a vintage SEGA game called 'Road Rash II', which featured a level in Arizona. I love the fat, greasy 6/8 dawdling groove so I stole the idea...

Tempo: 110bpm
Key: D

The bass line is just the root note of D, with a brief minor pentatonic C,A,C bit at the end of the 8th bar. The solitary D note means you have free reign to abuse as many of the D related modes as you wish because there is no overall minor or major tonality. The tonality is ambiguous. D Lydian run you say ? Why not, indeed. D Phyrigan ? You evil little so and so - do it !

If you want to show me your practise runs or your takes in all their glory then by all means chuck a Youtube video in the thread. However, when it comes to the time for sending me stuff....
Don't forget to gimme:

Your isolated guitar audio track
Your video

Deadline is 8th August !! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 30 2013, 08:49 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 18 2013, 05:40 PM
GMC:er
Hahahahahahahah who knows, maybe someone is terrorizing the German and the Finn making them terrorize you ph34r.gif cool.gif

Nice backing though wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Jul 18 2013, 05:40 PM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 18 2013, 05:44 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
who would terrorize a loveable guy such as yourself? I sure hope it stops soon, if you need help, you know where to find me. My friend Ville and I might be able to find these guys.
As for the collab, it is great to see you back in action and I am in!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 18 2013, 05:49 PM
Tone Seeker
I just received a morsecode from bunker. It says:

Wunderbar !

-H-

Oh and welcome back Ben ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 18 2013, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2013, 11:36 AM
Instructor
Glad to see that there's some brave takers for the collab ! Anyone else want to take a ride on the Desert Bus ?? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 20 2013, 11:51 AM
I would take a ride in that buss if there's enough icey -cold Guinness (or another brewerage) in it. And don't forget AC since today's 35C in the shadow here ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 20 2013, 12:07 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 20 2013, 02:51 PM) *
I would take a ride in that buss if there's enough icey -cold Guinness (or another brewerage) in it. And don't forget AC since today's 35C in the shadow here ph34r.gif

No AC, no toilet and warm beer. And don't forget hard as a rock seats tongue.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 20 2013, 12:07 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 30 2013, 08:25 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 20 2013, 02:36 AM) *
Glad to see that there's some brave takers for the collab ! Anyone else want to take a ride on the Desert Bus ?? biggrin.gif

Any chance we can get a little extension of the deadline for this Ben? I just ran across this recently and have a devious idea I need to work on just a bit. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 30 2013, 08:59 PM
Instructor
The deadline has now been changed to 8th of August at the request of a certain Finnish GMCer who shall not be named (it's WeePee). cool.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jul 30 2013, 08:25 PM) *
Any chance we can get a little extension of the deadline for this Ben? I just ran across this recently and have a devious idea I need to work on just a bit. smile.gif

Hey Rich, sorry I didn't see this post for some reason. Maybe my sight is deserting me in my old age ?!?! ohmy.gif

Great to have you onboard, I look forward to your 'devious' idea cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 31 2013, 08:20 PM
Is it me or I can't hear any guitar, only bass in this collab backing made by Ben? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Aug 1 2013, 05:54 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 30 2013, 11:59 AM) *
The deadline has now been changed to 8th of August at the request of a certain Finnish GMCer who shall not be named (it's WeePee). cool.gif

Hey Rich, sorry I didn't see this post for some reason. Maybe my sight is deserting me in my old age ?!?! ohmy.gif

Great to have you onboard, I look forward to your 'devious' idea cool.gif

Thanks Ben , it's good to have you doing a collab again smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 1 2013, 06:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 31 2013, 08:20 PM) *
Is it me or I can't hear any guitar, only bass in this collab backing made by Ben? ohmy.gif

Correct. That's because YOU guys need to put the guitar in !! cool.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Aug 1 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Thanks Ben , it's good to have you doing a collab again smile.gif

No problem, it's good to do it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2013, 03:51 AM
I"m in!!!! I took the liberty of sharing this collab with my Sat Video Chat as well. Very cool backing!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 18 2013, 12:35 PM) *
Hey GMC and welcome to a new VIDEO Collab - I call it the DESERT BUS COLLAB ! Why ?? Because 2 of our 'lovable' GMC regulars (A certain German and Finn who shall remain nameless)decided to start a campaign of terror against me, urging me to come and do a new collab for you all. wink.gif Among their suggested materials of 'Inspiration' was this awesome bus simulator game, called.. you guessed it, 'DESERT BUS.'

However, never one to shy away from a challenge.. I actually went and spent some time in the American desert and recorded some ambient sounds which you will hear on the following backing track.

Attached File  Desert_Bus_Collab.mp3 ( 1.37MB ) Number of downloads: 548

For my musical cues, I was inspired by a vintage SEGA game called 'Road Rash II', which featured a level in Arizona. I love the fat, greasy 6/8 dawdling groove so I stole the idea...

Tempo: 110bpm
Key: D

The bass line is just the root note of D, with a brief minor pentatonic C,A,C bit at the end of the 8th bar. The solitary D note means you have free reign to abuse as many of the D related modes as you wish because there is no overall minor or major tonality. The tonality is ambiguous. D Lydian run you say ? Why not, indeed. D Phyrigan ? You evil little so and so - do it !

If you want to show me your practise runs or your takes in all their glory then by all means chuck a Youtube video in the thread. However, when it comes to the time for sending me stuff....
Don't forget to gimme:

Your isolated guitar audio track
Your video

Deadline is 8th August !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 4 2013, 08:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 4 2013, 03:51 AM) *
I"m in!!!! I took the liberty of sharing this collab with my Sat Video Chat as well. Very cool backing!!!!!

Todd

Excellentay !!! Welcome cool.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 5 2013, 07:27 PM
Here's my take which i recorded with my 20$ pedal /amp sim cool.gif

http://soundcloud.com/slavenko/no-ac-no-toilet

http://soundcloud.com/slavenko/no-ac-no-toilet-solo

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Aug 6 2013, 06:12 AM
https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/desert-bus-collab-roberts-2

I have to split the file to extract the lead.... we'll see if I can? ph34r.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 6 2013, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 5 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Here's my take which i recorded with my 20$ pedal /amp sim cool.gif

https://soundcloud.com/mroberts70/desert-bus-collab-roberts-2

I have to split the file to extract the lead.... we'll see if I can? ph34r.gif

That's a lovely tone Mark.. and nice use of tapped notes too smile.gif

What do you record in ? Can you not just take the bare audio file that you recorded and send it ??

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 6 2013, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 6 2013, 09:53 AM) *
Good stuff S-Man ! I see you've added some crunch underneath the solo - fair enough smile.gif

That's a lovely tone Mark.. and nice use of tapped notes too smile.gif

What do you record in ? Can you not just take the bare audio file that you recorded and send it ??

Yeah, Thanks Ben-Meister! I thought that track's missing some fattnes in the bottom end so i ended up adding some crunchines smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 6 2013, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Aug 6 2013, 08:57 AM) *
Yeah, Thanks Ben-Meister! I thought that track's missing some fattnes in the bottom end

How dare you accuse my collab of lacking fatness ? It's fatter than a bus full of American tourists ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 6 2013, 11:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
https://soundcloud.com/h4hgmc/my-take-for-the-desert-bus

Solo track:
https://soundcloud.com/h4hgmc/desert-bus-collab-h4h-solo

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:10 PM