Smooth Fingure Movement
AyanG
Jun 19 2015, 09:10 AM
GMC:er
Hi Ben,

Great guitar players have very smooth finger movements of their fretting hand.That helps too in playing different licks with proper motion.Even the guy with a smooth fretting hand looks a pro as well."The fore finger should act like an anchor","Keep your fingers close to the fretboard while playing" are some tips that I have heard of.What is your take on this?How will we improve on our fretting hand?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 19 2015, 10:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jun 19 2015, 08:10 AM) *
Hi Ben,

Great guitar players have very smooth finger movements of their fretting hand.That helps too in playing different licks with proper motion.Even the guy with a smooth fretting hand looks a pro as well."The fore finger should act like an anchor","Keep your fingers close to the fretboard while playing" are some tips that I have heard of.What is your take on this?How will we improve on our fretting hand?

Hi, I have always found that fretting hand movement is something that comes naturally with time and any attempt to over analyse it can impede the natural progress that should occur over time.

I've never consciously thought about keeping my fingers close to the fretboard and I think there are many players whose fingers stay closer to the fretboard than mine so that's not an aspect of playing that I think about. I think that any player will naturally learn to move their fingers where they need to be and the hand will just do what it needs to do, naturally, without outside analysis.

When you look at a pro player who displays 'smooth' hand movements, what you're seeing is the result of years and years of guitar playing. None of the greats ever sat down and plotted a strategy or analysed things that closely... it was their years and years of trial and error, practising, correction and dedication that leads to the results you and I see today smile.gif

So, to be brief, these things should take care of themselves if you take care of the practising!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AyanG
Jun 19 2015, 01:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 19 2015, 09:45 AM) *
Hi, I have always found that fretting hand movement is something that comes naturally with time and any attempt to over analyse it can impede the natural progress that should occur over time.

I've never consciously thought about keeping my fingers close to the fretboard and I think there are many players whose fingers stay closer to the fretboard than mine so that's not an aspect of playing that I think about. I think that any player will naturally learn to move their fingers where they need to be and the hand will just do what it needs to do, naturally, without outside analysis.

When you look at a pro player who displays 'smooth' hand movements, what you're seeing is the result of years and years of guitar playing. None of the greats ever sat down and plotted a strategy or analysed things that closely... it was their years and years of trial and error, practising, correction and dedication that leads to the results you and I see today smile.gif

So, to be brief, these things should take care of themselves if you take care of the practising!

Hi,one other thing I would like to ask you.I want to record my playing directly.I will be using the Behringer Ultra DI 20 DI Box.I want to connect the output channel directly to my laptop soundcard.I wont be using amps.Only the guitars will be connected to DI input channel.What procedure should I follow and what kind of cables are needed?

--------------------
Thanks and regards,

Ayan

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 19 2015, 03:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AyanG @ Jun 19 2015, 12:05 PM) *
Hi,one other thing I would like to ask you.I want to record my playing directly.I will be using the Behringer Ultra DI 20 DI Box.I want to connect the output channel directly to my laptop soundcard.I wont be using amps.Only the guitars will be connected to DI input channel.What procedure should I follow and what kind of cables are needed?

Looking at the Behringer, it offers a 1/4 inch guitar jack or XLR input.

You would most likely use the 1/4 inch guitar jack input and then you would need to connect that to your laptop using a 1/4 to 1/8 jack adaptor or buy a 1/4 to 1/8 lead

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/1-4-to-1-8-jack

I recommend also posting this question in the GEAR thread, you'll get a lot more feedback and ideas there smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:20 AM