> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Djent Audio Collab
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2012, 12:30 PM
Instructor
Howdy GMC'ers smile.gif

Since my last collabs were a bit softer, I decided to hit you with a really heavy one!

Behold...THE DJENT COLLAB!

Here's what's what:

I recorded using the baritone - which is tuned to drop A - so you guys can use the good old A minor pentatonic or A minor blues scale to come up with solos on this track! Double the heaviness and the ease of playing biggrin.gif

Scales: A minor/ A minor pentatonic

Time signature: 4/4

Material format:

- a wav. track containing the solo without any effects - if you are using distortion, leave it on
- an mp3 track with the backing track and the solo

Deadline: July the 20th 2012

Let's DJENTTT!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 5 2012, 09:59 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Djent_Collab_BT.mp3 ( 1.04MB ) Number of downloads: 532

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Jul 5 2012, 01:13 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
This .. is .. so .. HEAVY! I'm in!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2012, 01:24 PM
Instructor
hehehehe biggrin.gif I knew you guys would dig it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 5 2012, 02:33 PM
Tone Seeker
I like it too !! cool.gif

I just hope that my left wrist is healing fast. I accidental twisted it at work.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 5 2012, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 5 2012, 04:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I might just dust off my drop tuned guitar for this one biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2012, 07:40 PM
Instructor
Wou!!! I love this backing man! It sounds fantastic and it is very funny to jam. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2012, 09:40 PM
Instructor
Thank you Gabe! Well, should I set a place at the table for you too? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 5 2012, 10:35 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 5 2012, 08:40 PM) *
Thank you Gabe! Well, should I set a place at the table for you too? biggrin.gif

Damn, if Gabriel, Ben and you Cosmin play for this collab, our solos will sound so bad tongue.gif maybe I should spice mine up with some odd groupings biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2012, 02:38 AM
GMC:er
Well SPIIIIIIIIIFFF! I"m in smile.gif

Tod

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 5 2012, 07:30 AM) *
Howdy GMC'ers smile.gif

Since my last collabs were a bit softer, I decided to hit you with a really heavy one!

Behold...THE DJENT COLLAB!

Here's what's what:

I recorded using the baritone - which is tuned to drop A - so you guys can use the good old A minor pentatonic or A minor blues scale to come up with solos on this track! Double the heaviness and the ease of playing biggrin.gif

Scales: A minor/ A minor pentatonic

Time signature: 4/4

Material format:

- a wav. track containing the solo without any effects - if you are using distortion, leave it on
- an mp3 track with the backing track and the solo

Deadline: July the 20th 2012

Let's DJENTTT!!!

+Quote Post
Davenport
Jul 6 2012, 03:10 AM
GMC:er
Ill give it a go First Collab for me.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 6 2012, 04:22 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I will give this one a go too! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2012, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Happy to have you guys along in this trip smile.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 6 2012, 12:31 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 6 2012, 06:51 AM) *
Happy to have you guys along in this trip smile.gif

Fasten your seat belts guys tongue.gif gonna be a hell of a trip biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Jul 6 2012, 12:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2012, 11:43 AM
Instructor
Well, well smile.gif how are the takes brewing guys? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Jul 7 2012, 09:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
What an awesome backing track!! I'm not familiar with Djent.....heard OF it, but not sure exactly what defines that genre. But I love the backing track!!

I've finally made it over my "hump" of musical responsibilities, so I intend to rock this collab for sure!!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Jul 7 2012, 08:36 PM) *
What an awesome backing track!! I'm not familiar with Djent.....heard OF it, but not sure exactly what defines that genre. But I love the backing track!!

I've finally made it over my "hump" of musical responsibilities, so I intend to rock this collab for sure!!

Thank you man, well biggrin.gif here's what's what on djent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djent

...and I would love to have you on this one tongue.gif How's life, signor Rodriguez?

cheerios!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 8 2012, 11:22 AM
Tone Seeker
https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/cosmins-djent-collab-idea

I'm thinking that this is the "Outro" of a song. Threat Signal has similar outro in their latest album.

What do you think Cosmin ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2012, 01:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 8 2012, 10:22 AM) *
https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/cosmins-djent-collab-idea

I'm thinking that this is the "Outro" of a song. Threat Signal has similar outro in their latest album.

What do you think Cosmin ? smile.gif

YES! I love it! biggrin.gif Thank you good sir! I will need the tracks and if you could, try and record a little bit more tight, because the idea is absolutely great wink.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 9 2012, 01:37 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 9 2012, 03:01 PM) *
YES! I love it! biggrin.gif Thank you good sir! I will need the tracks and if you could, try and record a little bit more tight, because the idea is absolutely great wink.gif

Thanks ! I'll try to come up with another solo too.
I'll send files near the deadline. cool.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 9 2012, 01:37 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2012, 02:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 9 2012, 12:37 PM) *
Thanks ! I'll try to come up with another solo too.
I'll send files near the deadline. cool.gif

Alright! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:53 AM