Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Rating 5 V
FretDancer69
Dec 20 2007, 08:02 PM
GMC:er
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde..._Puppets_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Sep 14 2008, 01:14 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
The Uncreator
Dec 20 2007, 09:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Amazing album, my favorite track by Far is Disposable Heroes!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 20 2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor
A classic metal album, great review! Orion gives me chills every time I hear it, it's so amazing! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 20 2007, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Dec 20 2007, 02:21 PM) *
A classic metal album, great review! Orion gives me chills every time I hear it, it's so amazing! smile.gif

Thanks, and yeah Orion is great! Its my favorite from the album! cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 20 2007, 10:55 PM
Instructor
It's a great album, in fact my favorite from Metallica... but Metallica isn't one of my favorite bands tongue.gif

BTW sounds really amazing !!

Good review fretdancer smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 20 2007, 11:36 PM
Learning Roadie
The black album has all the hits but if u want the definitive Metallica album buy master of puppets great album great review

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 21 2007, 12:40 AM
Instructor
The Thing That Should Not Be
Man,that IS rocking tune biggrin.gif

Great review tho! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 21 2007, 12:45 AM
Instructor
Great review!!! This album is amazing... but I also love And justice for all and the black album... I can't choose a favourite. Metallica is great.

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 21 2007, 12:50 AM
Great review, man. Picking a favorite song off of this album is VERY hard. wink.gif

I think I'll do a review of either Ride the Lightning, cause it's so underrated, or And Justice, cause it's my favorite.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 21 2007, 12:53 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 20 2007, 03:24 PM) *
Thanks, and yeah Orion is great! Its my favorite from the album! cool.gif cool.gif

My favorite off the album as well. I think someone should do there Christmas lights to this tune! TSO is great, but would'nt this be cool!

+Quote Post
erik
Dec 21 2007, 02:34 AM
Great album! Love the vocals and riffs

btw... This is not directly to you, but I think pretty much all reviers here get a little carried away tongue.gif come on, how can everything be a 10/10? Even though it's GREAT doesn't mean it's the best ever made by any band ever..

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Dec 21 2007, 03:18 AM
This was their best album. And Justice for all comes in a close second. I may sound nutty, but I wasn't much of a fan of the Black album mellow.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 21 2007, 03:59 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 20 2007, 05:50 PM) *
Great review, man. Picking a favorite song off of this album is VERY hard. wink.gif

I think I'll do a review of either Ride the Lightning, cause it's so underrated, or And Justice, cause it's my favorite.

yeah its really hard they all are great songs in many aspects. A Ride The Lightning review would be nice, i also agree with the fact that the album is a little underrated.

QUOTE (erik @ Dec 20 2007, 07:34 PM) *
Great album! Love the vocals and riffs

btw... This is not directly to you, but I think pretty much all reviers here get a little carried away tongue.gif come on, how can everything be a 10/10? Even though it's GREAT doesn't mean it's the best ever made by any band ever..

Yeah you have a good point. When Im deciding the score of the album I try to first point out some flaws and that way subtract points to it, but i didnt really find significant flaws for this one. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bedlam @ Dec 20 2007, 08:18 PM) *
This was their best album. And Justice for all comes in a close second. I may sound nutty, but I wasn't much of a fan of the Black album mellow.gif

The Black Album was very comercial oriented i think. I mean, like 5 videos were realeased from the album and since the Black Album Metallica stopped being "underground" imo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 21 2007, 04:54 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 20 2007, 08:59 PM) *
The Black Album was very comercial oriented i think. I mean, like 5 videos were realeased from the album and since the Black Album Metallica stopped being "underground" imo.

I don't know...I mean, yeah, the only songs played on the radio are from the Black Album ( every once in a while I'll hear "For Whom the Bell tolls" or "One") , but thats just 'cause a bunch of wussies run it. But I wouldn't say that they were underground before the Black Album. They certainly gained more popularity, but just think of how many people hate Metallica now because they "sold out."

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Dec 21 2007, 04:57 AM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 21 2007, 09:24 AM
Learning Roadie
i dont think they "sold out" metallica are my favourite band and the only thing they did is write stuff that they liked playing, which to me is the opposite of selling out.
i'd like to say im going to be a complete metalhead until im 96 on my deathbed but im willing to bet my music tastes will grow just like metallica's have as they got older.

but yea, MOP is brilliant.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 21 2007, 11:57 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I agree with Muntahunta on this, Metallica never sold out, they always wrote what they wanted, instead of St. Anger, they could have made Ride The Lightning or Master Of Puppets clone, but they didnt, and to me, making a copy of any of there previous would be selling out, i commend metallica for having the balls to put whatever they hell they want out on the market.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 21 2007, 12:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (erik @ Dec 21 2007, 01:34 AM) *

I understand what your saying but if the reviewer thinks its worthy of a ten then why not? biggrin.gif

Great enthusiastic review m8 smile.gif I`m not heavily into Metallica but this album and the Black Album are in my CD collection for sure, in fact I `m gunna dig it out after this review! Thanks cool.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 21 2007, 05:51 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 21 2007, 04:57 AM) *
i commend metallica for having the balls to put whatever they hell they want out on the market.

O yeah, that's the way I feel completely. Notice how I put sold out in quotes. tongue.gif I was just commenting on how many people say that they have sold out.

I admire them highly for just not really giving a s*** about what people think. I mean people critisize St. Anger all the time, but it was just pretty much a middle finger to every one who said that they had lost their talent.

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 21 2007, 05:58 PM
Learning Roadie
i actually liked some of st anger. some kind of monster and unnamed feeling were pretty good.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 21 2007, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 20 2007, 01:02 PM) *
[[/list]Least Favorite Tracks:[list=1]

[*]Damage, Inc.

Oh, come on! You don't like Damage Inc.?!??! mad.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 21 2007, 10:58 AM) *
i actually liked some of st anger. some kind of monster and unnamed feeling were pretty good.

I don't know...it's like some parts of St. Anger could be cool, but it's like they're always ruined by either the horrible drums or singing. Just me though.

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:50 AM