New Testament Track !
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2012, 03:15 PM
Instructor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
JTaylor
Jun 28 2012, 03:23 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Is Alex Skolnick still with these guys? I've always loved his playing!

Just looked on Wikipedia. If it is correct, he is with them on this one! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JTaylor: Jun 28 2012, 03:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2012, 03:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jun 28 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Is Alex Skolnick still with these guys? I've always loved his playing!

Just looked on Wikipedia. If it is correct, he is with them on this one! biggrin.gif

Yeah, Mr Skolnick is back with the band.. he's been back since their previous album smile.gif

Just realised that the title of this topic can read 2 ways.. New Testament has might make people think it's bible related laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 28 2012, 03:39 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 28 2012, 10:31 AM) *
Yeah, Mr Skolnick is back with the band.. he's been back since their previous album smile.gif

Just realised that the title of this topic can read 2 ways.. New Testament has might make people think it's bible related laugh.gif

That would be okay with me if it was! biggrin.gif I've seen people post satanic "stuff" on here, so why not? Actually (forget which album it was) they did have a song called "The Preacher." Alas, it was not a Christian tune.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 28 2012, 03:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Glad to hear new stuff from Testament biggrin.gif Their last album was one of the best metal albums I've heard in many years.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 28 2012, 07:16 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

That trill intro sounds wicked. Wasn't Sckolnick playing in a jazz band for years when he was out of Testament?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2012, 10:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 28 2012, 07:16 PM) *
That trill intro sounds wicked. Wasn't Sckolnick playing in a jazz band for years when he was out of Testament?

Yeah, a jazz trio.. I think he still does it.

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 28 2012, 10:33 PM
GMC:er
Yay, a new good band ! biggrin.gif

I've heard about Testament many times, but I never thought that it would be that good !

Thanks for sharing Sensei Ben smile.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 28 2012, 10:45 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 28 2012, 05:33 PM) *
Yay, a new good band ! biggrin.gif

I've heard about Testament many times, but I never thought that it would be that good !

Thanks for sharing Sensei Ben smile.gif

Also, check out Ben's band! They do a great cover of a Testament song! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 29 2012, 01:00 AM
Gotta love Testament! Almost sounds like early Tyr! I really think Alex Skolnick is DA MAN! Here is a vid of Alex playing with his Jazz Band The Alex Skolnick Trio. ( For some reason, before I new it was Jazz I almost expected Death Metal)

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 28 2012, 10:15 AM) *

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jun 29 2012, 03:27 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 28 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Gotta love Testament! Almost sounds like early Tyr! I really think Alex Skolnick is DA MAN! Here is a vid of Alex playing with his Jazz Band The Alex Skolnick Trio. ( For some reason, before I new it was Jazz I almost expected Death Metal)

Jazz usually bores me to tears, but this is really good biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 29 2012, 06:46 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 29 2012, 12:00 AM) *

Man, they have a lot of different styles going on. Jazz, Funk... did I hear Flamenco? Skolnick is one heck of a diverse guitar player.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 29 2012, 07:00 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 29 2012, 12:00 AM) *
Almost sounds like early Tyr!

I love TYR so much. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I like the sound of Testament's new album a lot. It is definitely heavier and overall darker. I think they are one of the few metal bands that have been able to evolve over time and still sound new and inspired. I am surprised Chuck is still this good after beating throat cancer.

Who would've thought that Alex could still write a metal solo that impressive after all these years! He still hasn't succumbed to his age. In fact, he has a lot of new licks that you just don't hear often in bands that are trying to make a come back. It seems as though he has still been learning a lot all these years(outside of Jazz).

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 29 2012, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jun 28 2012, 10:45 PM) *
Also, check out Ben's band! They do a great cover of a Testament song! biggrin.gif

They actually shared it on their official FB page too ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 29 2012, 08:27 AM
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jun 28 2012, 09:45 PM) *

Are you talking about Souls Of Black ? smile.gif Yea, I've saw it a long time ago, maybe from their Facebook page smile.gif

That song was really good too wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 29 2012, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 29 2012, 08:27 AM) *
Are you talking about Souls Of Black ? smile.gif Yea, I've saw it a long time ago, maybe from their Facebook page smile.gif

That song was really good too wink.gif

Yeah it was S.O.B wink.gif

We didn't have a bassist so I had to do that famous bass line.. it wasn't easy !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 29 2012, 08:31 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 29 2012, 07:28 AM) *
Yeah it was S.O.B wink.gif

We didn't have a bassist so I had to do that famous bass line.. it wasn't easy !! tongue.gif

Hahahaha , didn't know that you were a bass player laugh.gif Ben, the multi instrumentalist Sensei ! ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 29 2012, 08:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jun 29 2012, 08:31 AM) *
Hahahaha , didn't know that you were a bass player laugh.gif Ben, the multi instrumentalist Sensei ! ph34r.gif

Ah no, I'm not a bass player at all... but being able to play the guitar means that your finger skills / picking etc can translate over to the bass easily. It doesn't mean a guitarist thinks like a bassist or knows how to control the instrument as well but it's pretty easy for any of you guitar players to be rudimentary bassists smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jun 29 2012, 08:41 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 29 2012, 07:37 AM) *
Ah no, I'm not a bass player at all... but being able to play the guitar means that your finger skills / picking etc can translate over to the bass easily. It doesn't mean a guitarist thinks like a bassist or knows how to control the instrument as well but it's pretty easy for any of you guitar players to be rudimentary bassists smile.gif

Hahaha I was joking smile.gif I never really played bass, I only once tried to play some tapping, but I sounded really bad laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jun 29 2012, 04:29 PM
Seen Testament with Skolnick live 4 years ago, they kicked ass, although sound was a bit harsh...

QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jun 28 2012, 02:39 PM) *
That would be okay with me if it was! biggrin.gif I've seen people post satanic "stuff" on here, so why not? Actually (forget which album it was) they did have a song called "The Preacher." Alas, it was not a Christian tune.

Satanic STuf posted here??? Where??
cool.gif
Testament's a great Christian band.. they broke half of commandments wink.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jun 29 2012, 04:36 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:54 AM