Atheist [ 44 ] ** [34.11%]
Other [ 13 ] ** [10.08%]
Total Votes: 129

SinoMan
Mar 21 2008, 03:17 PM
GMC:er
I believe that this thread will get pretty huge soon laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 21 2008, 03:19 PM
More people have died in the name of religion than probably anything else in history. Salem Witch trials, the Inquisition, Crusades (both sides there, not faulting Christianity or Muslims entirely, Muslims attacked what they believed to be theirs, Christians retook what they believed to be theirs).

Stalin, Mao, and Hitler (remember, he was doing "God's work") killed so many because they desired power. Claiming moral highground because of faith is silly, as there is no winning as one party will judge who is "right" by their set of beliefs and the other does the same.

What I do find ridiculous though is that a Thiestic Satanist could come here and put "Thiestic" because they do meet the criteria because of the way the poll is set up. tongue.gif

My issue is with religion, not with God, I pray each night.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 21 2008, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 21 2008, 09:56 AM) *
no, we put them in prison if they do that.

I am saying that a true atheist is totally amoral by definition. it is simple logic.

I am not saying you are amoral. You probably just THINK you are an atheist. Really you are not.

But a true atheist is like Stalin. No problem killing 20 million for political gain. That is true atheism.

ultimate justice comes in the fourm of death, when you are in the ground rotting and your mind has quit to register because it is not being fed neutriants. when your brain stops.. your exhistance stops.. I do not believe in a god.. i believe in what we see.. i am an athiest.. my morals go as far as if i kill someone.. the police lock me away for a long time.. if i kill many people.. the police kill me.. earth has all the same judgement systems as a religion does.. which is why i consider the majority of my morals artificial BUT! being a good person because that will make your life more enjoyable may give the illusion of morals but can still allow the person to be an athiest.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 03:41 PM
Instructor
I think that even atheists believe in some sort of higher force.
Coincidence,luck,good karma...you name it.
Perhaps we use different names for it and see things in not the same way. smile.gif

Once more,believing or religion is private thing,totally private.
And I honor every man as long as he's modest,fair,decent,honest etc. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Mar 21 2008, 03:42 PM
The way I see it: I cannot prove the existance of a God or the non-existance of one. So I'm just going to get on with my life and not worry about it.

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 21 2008, 03:49 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 21 2008, 03:41 PM) *
I think that even atheists believe in some sort of higher force.
Coincidence,luck,good karma...you name it.
Perhaps we use different names for it and see things in not the same way. smile.gif

I agree. Most buddhists are atheist, but they do believe in reincarnation and other supernatural stuff.
Me personally i dont believe in anything supernatural, unless of course i see evidence to support it. That goes for everything.

QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 21 2008, 03:41 PM) *
Once more,believing or religion is private thing,totally private.
And I honor every man as long as he's modest,fair,decent,honest etc. smile.gif

Definitely. I support everyones right to believe whatever they want smile.gif

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 21 2008, 03:53 PM
One theory of life that I find very interesting is simulated reality.

It's the theory that that reality could be simulated—computer simulated—to a degree indistinguishable from 'true' reality. It could contain conscious minds which may or may not know that they are living inside a simulation.

So basically if we created AI (artificial intelligence) in the future, we could create a world inside of a computer which would be exactly like our own (or completely different). We could watch how it evolves and how it creates a society and environment.

If this theory is correct we could be living in one of many 'simulated realities' and that there is only 1 true world where life started which could be completely different to how we live today. There is over a 95% chance that we are in a simulated reality.

I don't actually believe in this theory I just find it very interesting.

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Mar 21 2008, 03:54 PM

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 21 2008, 03:55 PM
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Mar 21 2008, 03:53 PM) *

It's the theory that that reality could be simulated—computer simulated—to a degree indistinguishable from 'true' reality. It could contain conscious minds which may or may not know that they are living inside a simulation.

So basically if we created AI (artificial intelligence) in the future, we could create a world inside of a computer which would be exactly like our own (or completely different). We could watch how it evolves and how it creates a society and environment.

If this theory is correct we could be living in one of many 'simulated realities' and that there is only 1 true world where life started which could be completely different to how we live today. There is over a 95% chance that we are in a simulated reality.

Evidence anyone?

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 21 2008, 03:55 PM
Atheist. And think that what fkalich just said was like the most unbelievable and offensive thing I've ever read on this forum... I still think I know whats right and whats wrong even when I don't believe in god... it doesn't change humans moraly. dry.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 03:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 21 2008, 03:03 PM) *
What you are saying is pretty much ridiculous. I am an atheist. An atheist is one who does not accept the claim that there is a god. How can that make anyone a bad person? What Stalin, Mao etc. did was not because of atheism. Atheism doesnt motivate anyone to do anything like that. The fact that they were atheist is completely irrelevant to what they did. If they were christian, or muslim, or jewish or whatever, they would still have been as big sick assholes as they were.

+1

But there's "use" of religion for own goal,usually hurting many along the.

As I'm muslim,one thing ALWAYS hurts me when I hear it,specially in media,TV etc. unsure.gif

Islamic Terrorism.

Islam (and every other religions) heavily forbidds every type of violence,use of force etc.

Can we use name Christians terrorism for Guantamale prison?
Of course we can't.

But "line" Islamic Terrorism is way to often today,specially in western world.

Those suicide bombers ARE saying that they are doing it for Islam.
And that's veeery stupid thing to say.

But still media uses segments from those statements in news titles.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 21 2008, 03:57 PM
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Mar 21 2008, 03:53 PM) *

It might be possible tongue.gif Who knows laugh.gif

And also, this world can also be my imagination. Maybe you guys and everything else here isnt real, maybe im locked in on an insane asylum and imagines all of this laugh.gif Who knows laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 21 2008, 03:59 PM
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Mar 21 2008, 02:55 PM) *
Evidence anyone?

Of course, it's just a theory and has not be proven so it has very little evidence.

QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 21 2008, 02:57 PM) *
It might be possible tongue.gif Who knows laugh.gif

And also, this world can also be my imagination. Maybe you guys and everything else here isnt real, maybe im locked in on an insane asylum and imagines all of this laugh.gif Who knows laugh.gif

tongue.gif Haha, I often think stuff like that all the time.

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Mar 21 2008, 04:00 PM

+Quote Post
Jeff
Mar 21 2008, 04:00 PM
God definitely exisits! How do I know?

Because I'm a dork and I have a smokin' hot wife! Who else would give that to me? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 04:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 21 2008, 03:55 PM) *
Atheist. And think that what fkalich just said was like the most unbelievable and offensive thing I've ever read on this forum... I still think I know whats right and whats wrong even when I don't believe in god... it doesn't change humans moraly. dry.gif

Don't take that too hard,
Fkalich and I had misunderstandings even in "in style of lesson" topic,
no worries. smile.gif

From my point of view,acts are saying a lot more about men.
You don't have to tell me your name,religion,are you atheist or not.
Just be a man,good one.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 04:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jeff @ Mar 21 2008, 04:00 PM) *
God definitely exisits! How do I know?

Because I'm a dork and I have a smokin' hot wife! Who else would give that to me? biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 21 2008, 04:05 PM
Instructor
undecided - mostly theist but sometimes not .... I have doubts but then sometimes things happen and it really shows me there is another level... a spiritual level, but not sure if that is God or not...

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 21 2008, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 21 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Don't take that too hard,
Fkalich and I had misunderstandings even in "in style of lesson" topic,
no worries. smile.gif

From my point of view,acts are saying a lot more about men.
You don't have to tell me your name,religion,are you atheist or not.
Just be a man,good one.

Yeah I'm not taking it too personally wink.gif

Exactly its acts that say what kinda man someone is.

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 21 2008, 04:06 PM) *
Exactly its acts that say what kinda man someone is.

Noo,that's just Fkalich,old one. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 21 2008, 04:09 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 21 2008, 05:08 PM) *
Noo,that's just Fkalich,old one. wink.gif

What!?! now I'm confused! huh.gif

--------------------
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 21 2008, 04:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Mar 21 2008, 04:09 PM) *
What!?! now I'm confused! huh.gif

Old Fkalich acts the way he acted above.
But there's another side of his personality,newer one,more kindly. biggrin.gif

Sadly,you ran into old one. laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:07 AM