2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Guess The Tone Challenge
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 10 2011, 07:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi GMCers, it's time for a new challenge!

GUESS THE TONE CHALLENGE

Description : Time to get creative with your tone shaping skills. We will supply you with a backing track, tabs and dry guitar track of instructor Adrian's brand new unpublished lesson!

Rules : All you have to do is practice the lesson and record an audio and/or video of your playing along the backing track and post it in this thread. We want you to get creative with the guitar tone you will be using for this. Is it clean, heavy distorted or with chorus/delay effect? It is up to you. Once the challenge is over - we will publish the lesson and you'll see how close you've got.
It doesn't matter how well you play the lesson rather which tone you choose!

Supplied material :

- Backing track 90 BPM : Attached File  90.mp3 ( 4.13MB ) Number of downloads: 556

- Guitar Pro tab : Attached File  Guess_The_Tone.gp5 ( 6.29K ) Number of downloads: 236

- Text tab : Attached File  Guest_The_Tone.txt ( 8.82K ) Number of downloads: 281

- Dry guitar track (as reference for nailing the solo) : Attached File  dry_guitar_track.mp3 ( 4.28MB ) Number of downloads: 370

Deadline : 25th of September

THE PRIZE : Private Skype session with Adrian!

Discuss various gear/tone shaping subjects - live.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2011, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Finally!! This will be amazing!! Can't wait to hear the entries! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 10 2011, 08:07 PM
Instructor
YES! i'm very excited about this, im dying to hear your entries guys!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 11 2011, 04:09 PM
Instructor
*bump* maybe some of you missed it
smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 11 2011, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Great backing ! This guitar reminds me of spaghetti western,heheh !!!" Django rides again"!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 12 2011, 04:50 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Who is going to enter? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 14 2011, 05:19 AM
Instructor
maybe is a bit hard?, guys if you need some help i´m here smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 14 2011, 12:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
My god...I'm not even close to being able to play that. Too technical for me at this point. I could do the main notes...but the accent notes and muted notes on other strings is above me right now.

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Sep 14 2011, 01:01 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
zoom
Sep 14 2011, 02:05 PM
Learning Roadie

Sounds good or actually how does it sound that is the question! biggrin.gif

I think I'm in for this. I just have to figure how to connect my wah to my UX2 Dial up some fat tone. Hmm
Fingers X cool.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 14 2011, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Sep 14 2011, 06:55 AM) *
My god...I'm not even close to being able to play that. Too technical for me at this point. I could do the main notes...but the accent notes and muted notes on other strings is above me right now.

Hey dude, well, it isn´t as tricky as you may think, it is pretty simple in fact, if you need help i can help you, or did i made it too complex?, i tried to make it just using a few notes, and put more emphasis on the tone part of the song, but i could understand that the tablature is scary, did you heard the dry track i recorded?

i will be today on the chat at 10pm GMT, i will ne giving tips on how to play this song smile.gif

QUOTE (zoom @ Sep 14 2011, 08:05 AM) *
Sounds good or actually how does it sound that is the question! biggrin.gif

I think I'm in for this. I just have to figure how to connect my wah to my UX2 Dial up some fat tone. Hmm
Fingers X cool.gif

Go for it man!, be creative with the tone, make it juicy smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 14 2011, 04:46 PM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Sep 14 2011, 10:40 AM) *
Hey dude, well, it isn´t as tricky as you may think, it is pretty simple in fact, if you need help i can help you, or did i made it too complex?, i tried to make it just using a few notes, and put more emphasis on the tone part of the song, but i could understand that the tablature is scary, did you heard the dry track i recorded?

i will be today on the chat at 10pm GMT, i will ne giving tips on how to play this song smile.gif

Go for it man!, be creative with the tone, make it juicy smile.gif

How the heck do you play an open string, while also picking a different string? I get it when it's a powerchord...but with string skipping, I'm lost. Do you fingerpick it?

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 14 2011, 04:48 PM
Instructor
finger it is smile.gif, again, i will be on the video chat today at 10pm GMT, i will give some tips to play it, trust me, it is not hard at all, it´s more feeling/tone that technique, i´m a very simple guy smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 14 2011, 09:21 PM
Can't make it to the chat tonight...have to work at that time. Is it possible to record the chat session so I could view it later?

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 14 2011, 09:27 PM
Instructor
it is in about 30 mins tongue.gif, and yes, the gmc staff is recording them, will ask for a copy smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 15 2011, 12:56 AM
Know what would make this even better?? Backing tracks at different tempos! Add a COMPLETELY different feel to the solo!

One more thing....Is this standard tuning?

I have to say...even though I suck at playing it, I think I have a pretty cool tone going!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Sep 15 2011, 01:46 AM

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 15 2011, 01:51 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 10 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Hi GMCers, it's time for a new challenge!

GUESS THE TONE CHALLENGE

Description : Time to get creative with your tone shaping skills. We will supply you with a backing track, tabs and dry guitar track of instructor Adrian's brand new unpublished lesson!

Rules : All you have to do is practice the lesson and record an audio and/or video of your playing along the backing track and post it in this thread. We want you to get creative with the guitar tone you will be using for this. Is it clean, heavy distorted or with chorus/delay effect? It is up to you. Once the challenge is over - we will publish the lesson and you'll see how close you've got.
It doesn't matter how well you play the lesson rather which tone you choose!

Supplied material :

- Backing track 90 BPM : Attached File  90.mp3 ( 4.13MB ) Number of downloads: 556

- Guitar Pro tab : Attached File  Guess_The_Tone.gp5 ( 6.29K ) Number of downloads: 236

- Text tab : Attached File  Guest_The_Tone.txt ( 8.82K ) Number of downloads: 281

- Dry guitar track (as reference for nailing the solo) : Attached File  dry_guitar_track.mp3 ( 4.28MB ) Number of downloads: 370

Deadline : 25th of September

THE PRIZE : Private Skype session with Adrian!

Discuss various gear/tone shaping subjects - live.

Very cool contest and a killer prize!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 15 2011, 05:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Sep 14 2011, 06:56 PM) *
Know what would make this even better?? Backing tracks at different tempos! Add a COMPLETELY different feel to the solo!

One more thing....Is this standard tuning?

I have to say...even though I suck at playing it, I think I have a pretty cool tone going!

Hey dude, would you like the slower backing tracks? i think i can post them here, but i will ask the GMC admins first, let me know smile.gif

also, yes, standard tuning wink.gif

that´s the whole thing man, go for it, i suck at playing too, but i make it up by dialing some good tones smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 19 2011, 01:20 PM
Still working on it. I almost have the tone where I like it, still have a LOT of work to do in nailing the song though!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 19 2011, 05:30 PM
Instructor
great stuff man, i will record a youtube quick video, with some tips on how to play it smile.gif

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 19 2011, 06:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
A quick youtube-video would be great! This tune sounds easy, but it really is tricky!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:19 PM