Can Music Make A Difference, political, social etc. statments in songs
ItSME3
Mar 1 2012, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
In the 60's and 70's music was often a means to get some sociopolitical statement across. Some artist really had something to say and had a strong political influence by fueling the protest movements of their respective decades. I think of the classical singer-songwriter " I play at every union meeting" type of girl/guy with a guitar around their neck (think Dylan, Baez and many more). The last decade holds not much promise in that aspect. I think music should be used to make statements so I hope things change and new players enter the field.

Do you think this is important. Or should music just be music for the musics sake ? Are you interested in lyrics with a message ?

Here some rather childish attempt of my own

http://soundcloud.com/alone-in-boston/hmd-...oral-deficiency

think of some "the walking dead" like scenery, populated with zombie like creatures infected by the human moral deficiency virus (HMV) which causes the Human Moral Deficiency Syndrome (HMD)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:36 AM