Pandora Settings
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 30 2008, 12:41 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there Bogdan,

I do not know if you have worked or tried the Pandora with your bass, but I do know that the Pandora PX4D is for both guitar and bass, which is great in my case.

I was wondering if you had tried it (or maybe even own it) and could give any advice on how to set up a nice bass tone, as I'm quite a newbie to this area.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 30 2008, 01:57 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello!

Unfortunately I haven't worked with Pandora so I can't give you specific info on how to set it up for bass playing..

What I would suggest is starting with a dry bass signal and using the EQ (on bass and in Pandora)..You want to enhance bass frequency and treble, but I would also recommend paying attention to middle range...You don't want to turn it too loud but also you want it in the mix because those are the frequencies that will allow you to cut through a mix when playing in a band and will also give you a lot of definition..You don't want to use reverb or other effects....Maybe a little compression if you want to smooth out your playing..I don't know about amps/cabs modeling capabilities of Pandora so I won't comment on that..One thing to keep in mind that many times when people record bass they go straight from bass to DI box (to balance the signal) and then to mixing board...They EQ the bass on the mixer and that's it.They don't even use amp.. (This is not a general statement there are times people mix DI signal with Mic'ed amp too).So you want to dial in the "perfect" bass tone just using your bass's eq and one on pandora mainly...You should be able to dial in the healthy bass sound that way...When I say healthy I mean strong and clean signal..

Here are some more pointers : start with a flat EQ on bass guitar and in Pandora...Than first add bass then middle then treble frequencies..You don't want to overdo any of them (many times people beef up too much bass in there)..I often find myself having bass and treble on 1 o'clock position. (on amp and/or bass guitar)...

Just experiment a little and you should be able to find the good recording tone..

Hope this helps a little even though I haven't used Pandora...

Cheers smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 30 2008, 02:00 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 AM