Pickup Problem
helo92
Jan 4 2010, 03:08 AM
GMC:er
I got a problem with the neck pickup on my Ibanez GRG170DXL
when I switch to my neck pickup I lose a lot of output
I recorded a sample where I play my bridge pickup first and then switch to my neck pickup wihtout changing any settings
I hope you can help me

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  untitled.mp3 ( 440.64K ) Number of downloads: 377

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
MickeM
Jan 4 2010, 02:39 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I have another take on it, if adjusting the height doesn't help i.e. There's alot of hum when you switch to the bad pu, perhaps it's badly soldered somewhere along the way. Assuming the Pu is alright in itself I'd start checking both the pu selector switch and the neck volume pot.

If you have a multimeter you can easily measure between points to find if there's somewhere the signal weakens. Then you have isolated the spot(s). If you don't have one, get one. Otherwise if a wire isn't visibly hanging by a thread it can be difficult to spot.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:22 AM