> NAH this can't be...

... the opportunity of your lifetime to learn guitar? - It is, but only if you do one of the following:

* Send me a pm and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

-- Sinisa

Studio Monitoring
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 12 2013, 01:04 AM
Instructor
Today I bought a new pair of monitors for my home studio - Active M Audio BX8 D2 Deluxe sesries.

On the first listening they are very impressive for the price (380e) ! Tight and rich low bass, transparent Mids and clear Hi frequency range.
And they are very loud, I mean VERY LOUD ( 130W bi- amped units) ! I like " sweet spot" option - LEDs, which lights up clearest when the monitors are mounted exactly as it should in comparison to sound-engineer ( me ?!) biggrin.gif !
I had Dynaudio BM5, which are double expensive, but I can say that these little monsters are dangerously close to much bigger names .
I can imagine how it will gonna sounds when I treat the room properly...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 12 2013, 01:15 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 12 2013, 02:04 AM) *
Today I bought a new pair of monitors for my home studio - Active M Audio BX8 D2 Deluxe sesries.

On the first listening they are very impressive for the price (380e) ! Tight and rich low bass, transparent Mids and clear Hi frequency range.
And they are very loud, I mean VERY LOUD ( 130W bi- amped units) ! I like " sweet spot" option - LEDs, which lights up clearest when the monitors are mounted exactly as it should in comparison to sound-engineer ( me ?!) biggrin.gif !
I had Dynaudio BM5, which are double expensive, but I can say that these little monsters are dangerously close to much bigger names .

Congrats - those look awesome and the price is great.
I tried the BX5 D2 version of those. How it the bass response in 8 inch ones?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 12 2013, 09:54 AM
Instructor
My studio is 30 square meters and it seems to me that I hit the right balance between room size and fullness of the bass freq.
Bogdan, BX5 was here the night before my decision. Those monitors are great, clarity in the whole range, but lacking of bass, normally
that you can't expect from 5" woofer,especially if you have a bigger room, as in my case. So I had a two options > BX5 + sub, or BX8...
Yeah, I tested Behringer Truth 2030A also these days - but bass response is too muddy for my taste..

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Oct 12 2013, 09:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 12 2013, 10:34 AM
GMC:er
I remember the older version of these pretty well, they are a good option for the guitar player as they sound very nice not for only recording but playing guitar too smile.gif

They are strong and have good bass but yeah that bass might be too much for smaller rooms but regardless of room size some treatment is a must.

On the other hand the smaller bx5 versions sounded so different to me, my ears were used to adam and genelec monitors at the time and noticed it had an interesting charater to it that was hard for me to adapt immediately. Don't know though if this applies for the newer versions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 12 2013, 12:21 PM
Instructor
Heh,adam and genelec are primate smile.gif ,maybe some day, .. but generally, that's never ending story,as well as other music stuffs - which
guitar to choose, which pick up, amp, etc..My reasoning was - I have budget limit, will chose this one and I will get used to it, end of story smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 12 2013, 08:50 PM
GMC:er
New gear is always a good thing! Congrats! smile.gif

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 11 2013, 08:04 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:48 PM