> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Petr's Thread, for Gab's Army
petr
Sep 9 2015, 08:48 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I would have another questions about recording. Do you know why I have such bad sound every time I pick the strings? Is it me using the pick incorrectly? or recording?

Check it here
recording - no plugins
Attached File  voice1dry.mp3 ( 279.18K ) Number of downloads: 81

recording - pouling LeGion and some impulse
Attached File  voice1.mp3 ( 279.18K ) Number of downloads: 79

Also there is A LOT of noise when i do not play
Attached File  noise.mp3 ( 198.37K ) Number of downloads: 78

Here is my Cubase
Attached Image

My setup is
guitar goes to Blackstar HT5,
from there from Speaker output 1x8Ohm to Steinberg UR12 external soundcard
from there to PC USB

Thanks for any advice.

Also - I really appreciate your new "Guitar Gym" workout, i will definitely follow it but Im not officially joining smile.gif because Im already behind the pace of the Ear training and Improvisation one. So I will follow, but with some delay smile.gif

Petr

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by petr: Sep 9 2015, 08:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2015, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr,

The signal noise can be related to many things. Your electrical connection, the cables that you are using, your soundcard, and your guitar electronics. The first experiment that you could do is changing cables and trying with another guitar. There is a way to mute your signal while you are not playing and it's done with a noise gate. It can make things more comfortable but if it can also affect your tone's sustain. Try it, you must have a plug in called "gate", or "noise gate".

The pick noise is related to the EQ, your current settings are enhancing some frequencies where the sound of the pick is. You can try lowering presence, treble, and maybe some drive and see what happens. Using a lighter pick can help, and also trying with other amp.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 13 2015, 06:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
just a quick question regarding the picking direction adjusted to a rhythm.
Ben did not like it on my REC take
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...e=show&st=0
but I think even Stephane does that on the original lesson, so i assume it could be fine doing so,
what would you say?
It helped me a lot on the rhythm from you Iron lesson as discussed here
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...0&start=160

thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2015, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr,

Ben comments is based on the fact that the lesson is a good excuse to practice alternate picking. However it's your decision to work on this using your own picking directions. There are lots of different opinions about this and guitarists with different i approaches to this kind of licks.
Gilbert would use alternate picking, Gambale would use your way of playing it (economy picking), while Petrucci would use both depending on the sound he want to get...

So, once again, you are not doing it wrong, you are not doing it as in the lesson and that's what Ben marks.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Sep 22 2015, 11:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
pls can you check this take
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/voice20150923

is it any better or should I just leave this lesson for later?

thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2015, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, there are basically two things to adjust on this one: timing and bending.

As you've been working for many time on this lesson I consider that it would be great to forget it by now and work on some new stuff. There is a timing issue on the first phrases that we never could fix so I prefer that you keep on training your playing and ear and get back in many months to see if your ear gets more precise to identify the difference between your take and the original one.

It's time for some free air, what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Dec 7 2015, 03:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

as you suggested i was working on something else, now returned to the Voice lesson , please can you check the bends?
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/voice201501206

I have been working for a long time on your Iron lesson, but still have problems with timing. Would you have any suggestion how to approach it?
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/im20151206

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 8 2015, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, great to hear from you here.

The lessons are evolving well. The Voice lesson's bends are getting better but there are still bends that are not reaching the correct pitch. You should add some bending practice into your diary routine. I think that I've shared some exercises for this but let me know if you need them again.

Iron Maiden lesson sounds good! I don't find really dramatic timing issues on this take. I notice that you aren't totally comfortable with the parts yet, but this is on the right track!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Dec 16 2015, 10:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
just a quick update where Im with it

slow
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/im20151216

full speed
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/im20151216-100

thanks,
Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2015, 01:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, thanks for the update!

I've checked both audios and I can say that the main issue on both is timing. However, the problem is more important in the slower version. Your timing is a bit closer at normal tempo. I recommend you to keep on practicing at both tempos and focus on not rushing timing when playing at slow bpm.

Please also isolate the different parts to work on each of them as a loop to be able to focus on each at a time.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Dec 30 2015, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
as you suggested I worked on some bending lesson, please can you check it?

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/bending20151230

thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2015, 04:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr! This take sounds good! Most of the bends are sounding well! Please keep on practicing this lesson to make those bends sound more natural and smoother. You are on the right track!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Jan 11 2016, 11:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
my finger tip was bit sore after the bending lesson (the second note - 5th fret on D string up to one step), so I did not record it yet.

Here is just another example where im with the other lessons.

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/voice20160109

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/im20160111

Petr

This post has been edited by petr: Jan 11 2016, 11:47 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 12 2016, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr! Great job!

I notice improvements on two elements that needed your attention: bending & timing.

Both lessons sound tighter and the first one shows that you are not reaching the correct pitches with your bending technique! Congratulations. Timing still has room to improvement in the second lesson (Maiden style) so please keep the current tempo and focun on going tighter with the backing track.

I also think that maybe you'll need to renew your current practice plan to avoid getting bored. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Jan 12 2016, 09:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
thanks for that.

I hope you made a typo and it should be "you are NOW reaching the correct pitches". rolleyes.gif

I wrote down to a file the things from my daily practice. I usually practice one to two hours a day, more on weekends, so I will need to alternate the tasks because it seems like 3 hours together.

Attached File  guitarPractice.zip ( 7.66K ) Number of downloads: 83

Please let me know what you think. May be I will need to add more minutes to some (to spend more time on them) and remove others.

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2016, 12:31 AM
Instructor
Ups! Yes! I tried to say "NOW" laugh.gif

I've checked the routine and it looks good. It covers many different aspects and will keep you moving. I recommend you to experiment for two weeks with it and then decide if maybe you prefer covering less topics each day, more time. This is different for each person so you need to experiment.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Feb 2 2016, 11:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

I have spent the recent weeks on the tasks from the schedule which I shared last time.
Here is some report of what I really worked on with estimate percentage of the practice time

Speed building - 30%
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/chro-allstrings-130
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/hand-sync

Gab - Iron - 15% with not much progress
Laszlo - Orion - 20%
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/orion20160202

Minor penta all positions - 15% - I can now play random notes while changing the boxes
Other 20%

I think I will continue for some time on these tasks to get them more close to the desired result.
What would you suggest?

thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2016, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, thanks for the update.

This works are on the right track but you need to keep on practicing. I recommend trying to focus on playing things effortless and perfect so please slow down tempo and be sure that everything sounds good before you increase timing.

I think that the chromatic exercise is not flowing smoothly, and Metallica's cover gives me a similar sensation.

Besides this works, I think that a solo lesson that covers bending, vibrato and dynamics could be a good addition, do you have any in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Feb 15 2016, 10:44 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
please can you check the latest recordings?

Iron Maiden lesson
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/im20160214

Orion lesson
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/orion20160213

Ragarding the soloing lesson - I would like to start on this one
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Soloing-1/

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2016, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr,

Maiden's lesson has some timing issues and the reason seems that you are not comfortable with a rhythm idea that it repeats in the whole lesson. The fact that the changes are done a bit before the beat. This happens in the whole lesson but you will note the issue easily if you check the power chord part and how you are changing after the bass guitar. Please work over the guitar pro file, with the metronome on and pay attention to the changes.

Orion is on the right track but you have to polish the sound of each riff starting with the first one. It sound too muted and seems to have little pitch issues.

Check the first riff here:

Note how muted notes and not muted triads sound clear and defined. Try to emulate it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:31 PM