5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Nihilist1 Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Jul 14 2012, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 13 2012, 08:14 PM) *
I have been working with Major and minor 7th chords more than anything. I am just trying to memorise where all the Major 7th chord voicings are right now. Then I will memorise all the minor 7th chord voicings.

I was working on a really cool Jazz standard named Always by Irving Berlin. Do you know of it?

Of course I do! If you want I can create a backing track and we can start jamming over it and I will be giving you assignments based on it! Let me know!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 14 2012, 09:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 14 2012, 05:29 PM) *
Of course I do! If you want I can create a backing track and we can start jamming over it and I will be giving you assignments based on it! Let me know!

That would be awesome! I was thinking of soloing over the song using Aeolian, but I am having trouble discovering passing tones that I think would sound good.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 16 2012, 04:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 14 2012, 08:16 PM) *
That would be awesome! I was thinking of soloing over the song using Aeolian, but I am having trouble discovering passing tones that I think would sound good.

Can you please right me a chord progression? We might have different versions and I would like to see the one you are working on!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 16 2012, 11:54 PM
Absolutely. I got it from 'The Real Book' Sixth Edition. I will attach a Guitar Pro file with the chord progression with the voicings I have chosen to use for this song. The melodies will also be included. Feel free to distribute the GP file if you like it. I can always convert the file into GP5 or less as well if that is necessary.

Attached File  Always.gpx ( 41.44K ) Number of downloads: 125

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 17 2012, 06:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 16 2012, 10:54 PM) *
Absolutely. I got it from 'The Real Book' Sixth Edition. I will attach a Guitar Pro file with the chord progression with the voicings I have chosen to use for this song. The melodies will also be included. Feel free to distribute the GP file if you like it. I can always convert the file into GP5 or less as well if that is necessary.

Attached File  Always.gpx ( 41.44K ) Number of downloads: 125

Awesome! Give me a few hours and I will have it ready! :)BTW what kind of software do you use to record?

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 17 2012, 07:16 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 17 2012, 05:02 AM) *
Awesome! Give me a few hours and I will have it ready! :)BTW what kind of software do you use to record?

My iPhone camera laugh.gif

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 18 2012, 04:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 17 2012, 06:16 AM) *
My iPhone camera laugh.gif

smile.gif It's all good! I am gonna make the track for you! And we will jam over it!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 18 2012, 06:44 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 18 2012, 03:24 AM) *
smile.gif It's all good! I am gonna make the track for you! And we will jam over it!

Thanks!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 06:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 18 2012, 05:44 AM) *
Thanks!

Hi! I am very sorry but unfortunately I won't be able to create the backing track! I am upgrading my studio and will have to wait for a week to get new equipment in!
So in a week it will be done!
In a meantime I will give you a choice!
We can start getting into improvisation using backing track I have
or I can give you another exercise that will help you develop alternative picking!
Let me know! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 21 2012, 06:49 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 21 2012, 05:42 AM) *
Hi! I am very sorry but unfortunately I won't be able to create the backing track! I am upgrading my studio and will have to wait for a week to get new equipment in!
So in a week it will be done!
In a meantime I will give you a choice!
We can start getting into improvisation using backing track I have
or I can give you another exercise that will help you develop alternative picking!
Let me know! smile.gif

Can I ask what you think I should work on most? I know that the past videos I have posted may not illustrate all of my abilities, but I would like to know what you think I should do.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 21 2012, 05:49 AM) *
Can I ask what you think I should work on most? I know that the past videos I have posted may not illustrate all of my abilities, but I would like to know what you think I should do.

I think we can combine both and do exercises as a warm up routine every day and do improvisation as well!
What would you say? Also is there a style you are interested the most? Since you mention always I am assuming it's jazz and fusion? Let me know!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 21 2012, 07:49 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 21 2012, 06:19 AM) *
I think we can combine both and do exercises as a warm up routine every day and do improvisation as well!
What would you say? Also is there a style you are interested the most? Since you mention always I am assuming it's jazz and fusion? Let me know!

That sounds perfect!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 05:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 21 2012, 06:49 AM) *
That sounds perfect!

So here is what I came up with!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/libach-jazz
The chord are:
Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - E7 - Fmaj7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - C7 - Fmaj7 - B7 - Bb7 - A7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - D#diminished - Emi7 - A7 - Dmi7 - Emi7 - Fmaj7 - Cmaj7 - Emi7 - A7

This track is not as hard as it might seem smile.gif
Let's start by analyzing the first part
Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7
Over this changes you can play D Dorian, Aminor pentatonic, Dminor pentatonic, E minor pentatonic
Over E7 you can play E minor pentatonic or E mixolydian
I would like you to go ahead and analyze the rest of it!
Try it out and let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 24 2012, 11:37 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 21 2012, 04:51 PM) *
So here is what I came up with!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/libach-jazz
The chord are:
Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - E7 - Fmaj7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - C7 - Fmaj7 - B7 - Bb7 - A7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - D#diminished - Emi7 - A7 - Dmi7 - Emi7 - Fmaj7 - Cmaj7 - Emi7 - A7

This track is not as hard as it might seem smile.gif
Let's start by analyzing the first part
Dmi7 - G7 - Emi7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7 - Ami7 - Dmi7 - G7 - Cmaj7
Over this changes you can play D Dorian, Aminor pentatonic, Dminor pentatonic, E minor pentatonic
Over E7 you can play E minor pentatonic or E mixolydian
I would like you to go ahead and analyze the rest of it!
Try it out and let me know if you have any questions or need help!

May I ask what Key it is in?

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 25 2012, 06:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 24 2012, 10:37 PM) *
May I ask what Key it is in?

It is in D minor
So D dorian will work perfect for the first section!
This track doesn't have that many changes and those are easy and fun to play over! Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 27 2012, 08:18 AM
Instructor
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? I have a new challenge ready for you!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Aug 27 2012, 11:25 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Aug 27 2012, 07:18 AM) *
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? I have a new challenge ready for you!

I stopped studying for a bit because I damaged my hands from attempting to tremolo Pick at too high a speed for way too long. I have spent the last 7 weeks or so recovering and getting rid of all my tension problems. If you can give me another week or so, I should be ready to stawrt my mentoring thread again.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 31 2012, 02:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Aug 27 2012, 10:25 PM) *
I stopped studying for a bit because I damaged my hands from attempting to tremolo Pick at too high a speed for way too long. I have spent the last 7 weeks or so recovering and getting rid of all my tension problems. If you can give me another week or so, I should be ready to stawrt my mentoring thread again.

Oh wow! I am sorry to hear that! I am glad you are doing better! Take your time and recover!
Let me know when you are ready and we will get right back into the mentoring! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 24 2012, 01:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Aug 27 2012, 10:25 PM) *

Hi I just wanted to follow up and see how are you feeling?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 17 2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor
Hi I just wanted to check and see how are you feeling?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:54 PM