Uk Band Advertising Websites?
Jollygreengiant1
Sep 27 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
im looking for a band to join as a guitarist but finding no luck when it comes to knowing musicians, does anyone know of websites where people advertise for musicians?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
macseamus
Sep 27 2009, 10:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Jollygreengiant1 @ Sep 27 2009, 03:58 PM) *
im looking for a band to join as a guitarist but finding no luck when it comes to knowing musicians, does anyone know of websites where people advertise for musicians?

Search engines are your friend.

http://www.bandmix.co.uk/

http://www.musofinder.co.uk/

on the first results page.

Good luck!

Who knows, maybe you'll get a reply here on GMC

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Sep 28 2009, 01:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Can also try www.formingbands.co.uk and gumtree listings.
I noticed you're from Warrington - try looking at the notice boards in Johnny Roadhouse and Soundcontrol (if it's still there) on Oxford road in town. Also - don't forget to advertise yourself smile.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 29 2009, 10:30 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Another (rather vintage) option would be to go to local rehearsal rooms and leave notes there, advertising yourself. There was life before the internet... wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 29 2009, 10:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Sep 29 2009, 11:30 AM) *
Another (rather vintage) option would be to go to local rehearsal rooms and leave notes there, advertising yourself. There was life before the internet... wink.gif

This can still be a good effective way of advertising. Leaving ads on local music forums and in local clubs can help as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 29 2009, 11:22 AM
Instructor
gumtree.com is quite popular. Not only for musicians but musicians get jobs there a lot.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
AdamB
Oct 2 2009, 04:50 PM
GMC:er
Maybe GMC should have a section for this in the forum, sorted somehow by geographical location/instrument played/ability level and what kind of thing you want to do (pro/just for fun) etc.? Perhaps you could also tag a video onto it demonstrating your playing/past material and stuff? That'd be awesome.

-Adam

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 4 2009, 10:11 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Actually that is not a bad idea

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Oct 4 2009, 12:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (AdamB @ Oct 2 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Maybe GMC should have a section for this in the forum, sorted somehow by geographical location/instrument played/ability level and what kind of thing you want to do (pro/just for fun) etc.? Perhaps you could also tag a video onto it demonstrating your playing/past material and stuff? That'd be awesome.

-Adam

Agreed. The REC videos/page could somehow be linked to the GMC map we have. Sounds good to me

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:46 PM