Speed metal riffing lesson, More cool riffs
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 8 2007, 11:16 AM
GMC Founder
Speed metal riffing lesson

Here is a follow-up on the last riff lesson from Pavel. This one gives me Megadeth vibes.

Even though the topic of this lesson might seem frightening to the beginner - the basic rhythm of this riff is something any guitarist should be able get down. Lots of fun for everyone - in other words! biggrin.gif

Make sure to spend some time jamming around - once you have got the basics down!

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Why
Feb 9 2007, 08:54 AM
GMC:er
It's a great riff and all, but is it really a lesson? I don't think so. It's just showing us the notes involved in how to play the particular riff and not exactly how to create a speed riff, or whats involved. That's the problem I have with it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 9 2007, 09:12 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Why @ Feb 9 2007, 08:54 AM) *
It's a great riff and all, but is it really a lesson? I don't think so. It's just showing us the notes involved in how to play the particular riff and not exactly how to create a speed riff, or whats involved. That's the problem I have with it.

Please let us know exactly what you would like in order to make it more of a lesson to you - that's exactly the kind of feedback we need! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 9 2007, 09:59 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 9 2007, 09:12 AM) *
Please let us know exactly what you would like in order to make it more of a lesson to you - that's exactly the kind of feedback we need! smile.gif

I'm very happy with this lesson and I like to see more. It's inspiring to watch and gives some fresh ideas! One of the movies even had the text section mention where to place your thumb biggrin.gif (a problem I have)

A thing I miss is the graphic fretboard with the Phrygian mode printed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:13 PM