Traveling Outside Your Country
Brandon Earman
Aug 11 2011, 01:41 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC. I'm curious..

Since the majority of members on this site are from outside the U.S., I was wondering...

1. Have you been to America, and what are your honest opinions of it? (Be honest here, it's OK smile.gif)

2. Ever plan on visiting? I'll give you a place to stay and we'll have some jam sessions or something. biggrin.gif

I've been to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belize. It's nice to travel and see life from a different perspective, I definitely want to travel more in the future.

Anyways, what about you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Brandon Earman: Aug 11 2011, 01:42 AM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mudbone
Aug 11 2011, 11:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've been all over Europe and lived in the Middle East during my teenage years. My favorite city is probably London, I would like to live there one day. Paris and Amsterdam are also very nice, I guess I just have a bias towards London because we share the same language tongue.gif Also, the landscape in Switzerland, Scotland, and Greece is absolutely stunning. If you're ever in the UK, definitely check out the countryside in Scotland, you'll be blown away. The country that impressed me the most, in terms of being an advanced society, is Germany. Everything they have and everything they do is literally the best. I wish the US would emulate the Germans when it comes to running the country.

But the most amazing all around country I have ever been to is the homeland of my maternal ancestors: Italy. It has everything; magnificent architecture, stunning scenery, beautiful and sassy women, rich and extensive history, and of course, fantastic cuisine. I'm actually eligible for an Italian citizenship, maybe I should just move there biggrin.gif

There are many countries I would like to visit, but here are just a few:

Turkey
Romania
Brazil
Argentina

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 11 2011, 04:26 AM) *
I always used to find the idea of going to the USA very intimidating but it's not until recent years that I've developed an interest in seeing certain parts of it, specifically San Fransisco & New York. Not particularly excited at the thought of LA because it doesn't seem to have the same cultural identity as those other 2.. plus the smog levels are fearsome !! wink.gif

Don't worry Ben, just as long as you stay out of certain parts of the Deep South and the ghettos of the big cities, you'll have nothing to fear wink.gif If you do ever come to visit the US, definitely check out New Orleans and the Grand Canyon, and also stop by Charlotte so we can go out to the woods and shoot beer cans tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2011, 08:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 11 2011, 11:16 PM) *
Don't worry Ben, just as long as you stay out of certain parts of the Deep South and the ghettos of the big cities, you'll have nothing to fear wink.gif If you do ever come to visit the US, definitely check out New Orleans and the Grand Canyon, and also stop by Charlotte so we can go out to the woods and shoot beer cans tongue.gif

You're on !! cool.gif

I'd love to visit Italy, I have a strong pull toward that place.. plus I also love Germany smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Aug 12 2011, 08:57 AM

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Brandon Earman   Traveling Outside Your Country   Aug 11 2011, 01:41 AM
- - Adrian Figallo   i haven't but i want to go for sure!   Aug 11 2011, 04:07 AM
- - JamesT   I did some traveling on business to Buenos Aires i...   Aug 11 2011, 06:19 AM
|- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (JamesT @ Aug 11 2011, 02:19 AM) I ...   Aug 11 2011, 06:44 AM
nnn
- - Cosmin Lupu   I've seen a lot in Europe (Germany, France, Sw...   Aug 11 2011, 08:20 AM
- - Davidian   I've been to some countries in Europe (Hungary...   Aug 11 2011, 08:20 AM
- - superize   I have only been to Norway and Finland so i am not...   Aug 11 2011, 09:14 AM
- - Ben Higgins   Cool topic Brandon.. wow, you guys have been to so...   Aug 11 2011, 09:26 AM
- - playaxeman   I have never been to USA but I would like to go th...   Aug 11 2011, 09:41 AM
- - Brandon Earman   Interesting responses guys. As for the radio, it p...   Aug 11 2011, 02:39 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 11 2011, 10:16 PM) I...   Aug 12 2011, 06:24 AM
||- - Mudbone   QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 12 2011, 01:24 A...   Aug 12 2011, 06:29 AM
||- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 12 2011, 05:29 AM) T...   Aug 12 2011, 06:36 AM
nnn
nnn
|- - Mudbone   QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 12 2011, 03:56 A...   Aug 12 2011, 09:14 AM
|- - Ben Higgins   QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 12 2011, 09:14 AM) Y...   Aug 12 2011, 09:20 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Ivan Milenkovic   I haven't really traveled much, but my girlfri...   Aug 12 2011, 09:13 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:46 PM