Question About The Jewish Scale
Vulpine
May 9 2012, 03:56 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys I stumbled on the Jewish scale/spanish scale I really like the scale "Snake Charmer" sound anyway was wondering "i know power chords go well with the scale but was wondering are there other chords that work well with the SPanish/jewish scale ?

thanx guys

btw Im new here have checked out the forums and u guys give much more positive feedback then UG lol am lovin the site so far = )
[/size][size="4"]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
May 9 2012, 04:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 9 2012, 02:56 AM) *
Hey guys I stumbled on the Jewish scale/spanish scale I really like the scale "Snake Charmer" sound anyway was wondering "i know power chords go well with the scale but was wondering are there other chords that work well with the SPanish/jewish scale ?

thanx guys

btw Im new here have checked out the forums and u guys give much more positive feedback then UG lol am lovin the site so far = )
[/size][size="4"]

E5 and Bb5 are good places to start. The other names for this are also the Phrygian Dominant scale and Freygish scale. Research Yngwie's playing and listen to Klezmer music. Gustav Mahler happens to use it extensively throughout the 3rd movement of his 1st symphony as well.

Good luck!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 9 2012, 05:36 AM
GMC:er
Thanx , btw E5 Bb5 , are those power chords?

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
May 9 2012, 05:59 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 9 2012, 04:36 AM) *

Yes. The first Power Chord is E5 and the second is Bb5. These can be played in multiple places, I am just highlighting two very basic ones.
e|---------|---------|
B|---------|---------|
G|---------|---------|
D|---------|----3----|
A|----2----|----1----|
E|----0----|---------|

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 9 2012, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 9 2012, 05:36 AM) *

Yeah, when you see a chord which is written as the letter of the chord, like E..and a 5, it means the root note of E, plus the 5th.

The 5th just means the 5th note of the scale that relates to the chord. Most chords will have a minor or major 3rd interval to give it a major or minor tonality. Power chords are the name given to a chord which doesn't have a 3rd, they are just root and 5th. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:05 PM