Achieving True Zero-latency When Recording On Computer
Wilska
Dec 5 2008, 06:41 PM
GMC:er
I'm trying to figure out the best route to take to get a. better recording sound, and b. zero latency recording.
As i've said in other posts I currently use a Pod X3 live, and i'm pretty happy with the sound i'm getting, it's good enough for what I do right now. But I have been thinking about getting some interface to get zero-latency when I record.
I've been looking at some products from emu and tc electronics among others.

Would an a audio interface and some cheap monitors be enough to get decent zero-latency? Are there any realy cons to using studio-headphones instead of monitors when doing home recordings?

Input appreciated

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
------ Wilska's Gear ------

Guitars: Gibson Flying V Faded '67, ESP Ltd Alexi 600, Jackson Kelly KE3
Pickups: SD Blackout, Emg 81/85
Amp: Krank Rev Jr Pro
Effects: Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, Digitech Hardwire CM-2, Digitech Hardwire DL-8, MXR Phase 90
Recording: Blackstar HT-DistX, Line6 Pod X3 Live
Pick: Dunlop Jazz III XL black, Dunlop Ultex Sharp 1.14 and 1.40
Strings: GHS Boomers 10-52, Rotosound 10-46
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 5 2008, 07:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I would recommend EMU 1212 sound card and some active monitors..You won't hit actual zero latency but you will be very satisfied! Well monitors are often used when mixing space effects like delay and reverb..It get's you a full sound picture and depth..Headphones are good too and can be interesting when mixing some panning (left and right) effects!...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 5 2008, 07:19 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:48 AM