> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Assignment 1: Chicken Pickin' Lick
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2012, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Hey guys, we shall start the workshop with a chicken pickin' lick!

The backing track is built over a D major vamp and here are the details:

Scale: D major

Technique: Chicken Pickin'

Deadline: January 12, 2012

You can apply this lick over the backing track you shall find here in any way you find suitable, so feel free to explore as much as you want! There are no limitations, so your takes can be varied - you can record over the backing track or without it - the choice is yours!

That being said, go ahead and upload your takes in this thread and we shall discuss them as they come!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lick_1_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 665.75K ) Number of downloads: 175
Attached File  Lick_1.gp5 ( 1.69K ) Number of downloads: 165

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 5 2012, 09:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
Woohoo smile.gif I'm so in C-Maestro smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2012, 10:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 5 2012, 08:59 AM) *
Woohoo smile.gif I'm so in C-Maestro smile.gif

Well, Dogukan, congrats on being the first one to tackle stuff in my new workshop! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2012, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Cool! I like it! I will learn it!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2012, 02:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 5 2012, 01:35 PM) *
Cool! I like it! I will learn it!

biggrin.gif honored to know you like it Gabe! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 5 2012, 06:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Guess it's time to practise this technique now smile.gif I'm in!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2012, 06:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 5 2012, 05:00 PM) *
Guess it's time to practise this technique now smile.gif I'm in!

Woohah!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 5 2012, 10:17 PM
Instructor
Super theme, keep it updated smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2012, 10:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jan 5 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Super theme, keep it updated smile.gif !

Will do, Sinisa! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2012, 11:50 AM
Instructor
Everybody cool with the lick? biggrin.gif Any questions? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jan 9 2012, 05:56 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2012, 11:50 AM) *
Everybody cool with the lick? biggrin.gif Any questions? tongue.gif

Im in, I may play one hour guitar a day or computer/sports with the injury
I hope that worka, great idea!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 9 2012, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Great lick, everybody should learn it cool.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2012, 11:51 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! Ready with this one? smile.gif The next is coming up tomorrow biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2012, 06:16 PM
Instructor
Guys, I have a new one ready but there's no takes the first one just yet sad.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 31 2012, 01:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 12 2012, 09:16 AM) *
Guys, I have a new one ready but there's no takes the first one just yet sad.gif

I just got hip to this series today, and am also fairly new to chicken picking (from Muris "Country Picking Advanced) but am wanting to get it up to speed. I think I can get/submit a take here at work in the remaining hours I have!! (Only 4:24 PM here!!)

Great series, cool lick, and excited to post my take!! Thanks Cosmin!!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 31 2012, 02:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
Question..... When I click the link to "download track" it only opens as a new tab as a quicktime file which streams but doesn't seem to download. Any ideas? I'll keep trying, and email Bogdan also.

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 31 2012, 04:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
Cosmin, I PROMISE I'll actually submit a vid to your lesson on-time one of these days!! I always run into them after the deadline, but I'm still the "new guy" and playing catch up on many of the features here....

Anyway, I was able to get ONE take off my dying batteries!! Please excuse the sloppy-ness and bad camera placement (counter blocks the view of picking hand) but I still wanted to post something!! Please keep up this awesome series (and your killer collabs) and I'll try to catch up and submit some BEFORE the deadline!!

Obviously, I changed/added a bit to the riff as well. The original riff is AWESOME, but I thought I'd turn it into something that fits a little better rhythmically into the backing track changes, at least for me. As mentioned, I didn't get to put much time into it (dying camera batteries!!) so my intonation on the bends could be improved, as well as accuracy on the actual "chicken pickin" part!! I hate to submit something this sloppy, but it's more fun than submitting nothing!! Thanks again for the great lick series Cosmin!!

This post has been edited by derper: Jan 31 2012, 04:40 AM

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 31 2012, 03:32 AM) *
Cosmin, I PROMISE I'll actually submit a vid to your lesson on-time one of these days!! I always run into them after the deadline, but I'm still the "new guy" and playing catch up on many of the features here....

Anyway, I was able to get ONE take off my dying batteries!! Please excuse the sloppy-ness and bad camera placement (counter blocks the view of picking hand) but I still wanted to post something!! Please keep up this awesome series (and your killer collabs) and I'll try to catch up and submit some BEFORE the deadline!!

Obviously, I changed/added a bit to the riff as well. The original riff is AWESOME, but I thought I'd turn it into something that fits a little better rhythmically into the backing track changes, at least for me. As mentioned, I didn't get to put much time into it (dying camera batteries!!) so my intonation on the bends could be improved, as well as accuracy on the actual "chicken pickin" part!! I hate to submit something this sloppy, but it's more fun than submitting nothing!! Thanks again for the great lick series Cosmin!!

Haha! This is SO awesome man! I like the way you tweaked it smile.gif it suits the backing very well - but I think that if you could do a better audio recording, things would be even more awesome biggrin.gif Now the tone seems good and the chicken pickin' sounds authentic. I'm really glad you like the series smile.gif I post a new one each Thursday, so stay tuned mate!

+Quote Post
derper
Jan 31 2012, 07:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 30 2012, 11:21 PM) *
Haha! This is SO awesome man! I like the way you tweaked it smile.gif it suits the backing very well - but I think that if you could do a better audio recording, things would be even more awesome biggrin.gif Now the tone seems good and the chicken pickin' sounds authentic. I'm really glad you like the series smile.gif I post a new one each Thursday, so stay tuned mate!

Thanks Cosmin!! I'm going to pick up an interface as soon as my tax return comes through. As of now, any attempts to go straight in my 1/8'' mic input on my laptop end up with SO MUCH latency on Amplitube, that I can't even really use it. My buddy (knows WAY more about recording than I do) says that it's mainly due to the fact that I'm not using any interface. He also says I could record straight in (no latency with that) and THEN add the amplitude effects to the track. Obviously, it hinders you since you're playing "dry" and adding an effect later, but it probably would have worked for this riff since distortion/OD/effects aren't totally necessary.

Anyway, until the tax return comes in, it's "crappy cam vids" all the way for me!! tongue.gif

--------------------

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2012, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (derper @ Jan 31 2012, 06:04 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin!! I'm going to pick up an interface as soon as my tax return comes through. As of now, any attempts to go straight in my 1/8'' mic input on my laptop end up with SO MUCH latency on Amplitube, that I can't even really use it. My buddy (knows WAY more about recording than I do) says that it's mainly due to the fact that I'm not using any interface. He also says I could record straight in (no latency with that) and THEN add the amplitude effects to the track. Obviously, it hinders you since you're playing "dry" and adding an effect later, but it probably would have worked for this riff since distortion/OD/effects aren't totally necessary.

Anyway, until the tax return comes in, it's "crappy cam vids" all the way for me!! tongue.gif

Haha biggrin.gif no worries mate! I have recently started to use the Samplitude software for recording and arranging and it works excellent for me smile.gif maybe you would like to give it a try.

Till then, keep the vids coming!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:44 PM