> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Jtaylor's Groove Workshop
JTaylor
Mar 16 2012, 01:18 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cosmin!
I traded my Jackson on this today. I wanted something more versatile because the Jackson just didn't give a warm sound. This LTD is giving great tone with clean and distortion!

[attachment=26761:EC_100QM.jpg]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2012, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Mar 16 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Hey Cosmin!
I traded my Jackson on this today. I wanted something more versatile because the Jackson just didn't give a warm sound. This LTD is giving great tone with clean and distortion!

[attachment=26761:EC_100QM.jpg]

Oh oh biggrin.gif this one looks nice mate, but isn't it a metal oriented guitar?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Mar 16 2012, 10:53 AM
Apprentice Roadie
To be honest, I am not really sure. I know it has great, clean, warm sound. Though stock, the neck pickup tone is awesome! I'm getting the feel for the whole guitar now and will, hopefully, get the video done in the next couple of days. The bridge pickup gives as much crunch as my Jackson did. As my interests range everywhere from Christian to metal, it is certainly more fitting for me. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2012, 01:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Mar 16 2012, 09:53 AM) *
To be honest, I am not really sure. I know it has great, clean, warm sound. Though stock, the neck pickup tone is awesome! I'm getting the feel for the whole guitar now and will, hopefully, get the video done in the next couple of days. The bridge pickup gives as much crunch as my Jackson did. As my interests range everywhere from Christian to metal, it is certainly more fitting for me. smile.gif

Well, it's good to know you found a good choice biggrin.gif let's see those vids wink.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Mar 21 2012, 11:30 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cosmin!
Just letting you know, I haven't forgotten this! I am still practicing Sinisa's lesson. However, it got to the point where I was getting burnt out on it so I have also been practicing Marcus Siepien's "Basic Metal Rhythm." Hope that's a good one... I just don't want to get so frustrated that I end up putting my guitar down altogether. smile.gif Hope you're doing good and I'll be in touch!

This post has been edited by JTaylor: Mar 21 2012, 11:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2012, 11:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Mar 21 2012, 10:30 AM) *
Hey Cosmin!
Just letting you know, I haven't forgotten this! I am still practicing Sinisa's lesson. However, it got to the point where I was getting burnt out on it so I have also been practicing Marcus Siepien's "Basic Metal Rhythm." Hope that's a good one... I just don't want to get so frustrated that I end up putting my guitar down altogether. smile.gif Hope you're doing good and I'll be in touch!

Alright man! No problemmo smile.gif I am just fine and dandy laugh.gif If we can say that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 13 2012, 11:12 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Okay Cos, here it (finally) is. I have done over 100 takes of this. Except for screwing it up when switching from G to D, I had thought this was pretty good. Then I listened to Sinisa's take again....... Wow, is all I can say. If you don't mind, I'm also gonna have Sinisa give input. What score would you be giving this on a REC? Thanks!
[attachment=27093:REC_of_H...April_13.wmv]

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 14 2012, 10:48 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Hi Cosmin!
I went ahead and submitted a REC of the lesson. I figured it might help get me over the "recording fever" laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2012, 01:08 PM
Instructor
Hey Jon! Just graded this mate smile.gif The idea is that you need more flow and precision in this take, I bet you'll blow everyone away if you practice it perfectly with a backing track at 50% the speed for only 5 times in a row biggrin.gif but they need to be perfect and in a row smile.gif

what do you say - up to the challenge?

Cosmin

PS: what else have you been up to man?

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 17 2012, 12:52 AM
Apprentice Roadie
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif! OUCH! laugh.gif
So, to be honest, that idea does not excite me at all laugh.gif . However, (as I probably already told you) I bought my first guitar in 1988. If I had stuck with it and did what I was told to do, I would be very good now! So, since you are the instructor, I will do what you think I should. biggrin.gif
I already have a problem though, when I download the 90bpm track, then slow it down to 45bpm, there is a ton of garble in the background. Not sure if there is a way to fix it?
In answer to the PS, I am still not working, which is actually okay for now. God is seeing me and my wife and son through and we are doing great! School is taking a LOT of time and I will be glad for the summer break! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 17 2012, 01:56 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Also, would it be possible to work on another lesson at the same time? I just don't want to burnt out on one lesson biggrin.gif . If so, which rhythm lesson should I do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 07:40 AM
Instructor
Hey man! If the backing sounds nasty, just use a metronome biggrin.gif until you can reach the desirable speed to use one of the available backing tracks wink.gif

As for another lesson, we can use this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Hard-R...hords-Beginner/ it may seem a bit tricky but, it involves some new elements which will be developed under the same rhythmic formula. Plus a little vibrato and voicings smile.gif this is a step forward, so what do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 17 2012, 03:28 PM
Apprentice Roadie
I like it! It's not as easy as it looks! You know, when I get discouraged about this, I have to remember something: I joined in December and started everything over. When I did my first level 2 lesson, I had no idea how I was going to do it and I did not pass the first REC. But, here I am, 4 months later, doing mostly Level 3's! biggrin.gif Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 17 2012, 06:37 PM
Instructor
That's it mate! Axe up and pick down! biggrin.gif the pleasure is all mine wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 17 2012, 06:37 PM

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 19 2012, 12:02 PM
Apprentice Roadie
"When I watch my picking, I fret the wrong notes....when I watch where my fretting hand is, I pick the wrong strings."
This is a part of a post I sent to you on March 12, regarding The "Harmonic Key Changes " lesson. Although not 100% perfect, I just played this at full tempo without looking at either of my hands biggrin.gif . Really happy I can see the progress on here!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2012, 12:18 PM
Instructor
Great to hear man - it's a bit tricky NOT to watch the hands smile.gif I usually watch the left mostly, as the right is somehow going by itself laugh.gif I think I have developed this over the years and I almost never watch the right hand

My advice here, in order to build up confidence, is to check out the positions in the lesson and while focusing on the right hand, try to 'feel' the patterns executed by your right hand smile.gif playing slowly while doing this will help A LOT!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 25 2012, 12:18 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cos!
Just to keep you updated, I am still practicing. I'm helping a friend of mine this week so I have not been able to practice much, but I am still working on both of Sinisa's lessons that you have assigned me. I think the Harmonic Key Changes was the first REC I have done where I was told my timing was good! biggrin.gif That is improvement in itself! Have a great day! Jon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 26 2012, 08:05 AM
Instructor
Hey Jon! Great to hear you are having a good time practicing man smile.gif looking forward to another take from you and of course, let me know if there's anything else you feel like working on. I wouldn't want you to get bored on things wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JTaylor
May 1 2012, 03:08 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cos!
Just to let you know, the VH lesson by Alex is going pretty good. Having trouble with the chicken-picking part... my ring (finger closest to pinky on right hand) seems to get hung up in the strings when plucking. Playing slower, in an effort to control that finger and not let it control me. biggrin.gif Other than that, it's going pretty good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2012, 02:56 PM
Instructor
Alright Jon, you let me know when it's done and you think I can take a look over it smile.gif now, tell me did you grow your right hand nails a bit for the chicken pickin? smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:12 PM