Good Web Cam?
spacebran
Feb 29 2012, 03:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey everyone,

I was looking at cameras for recording videos. I want to partake in the REC and was looking through some of Ben's Bushido lessons.

I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I want something that has a decent framerate that doesn't look choppy. A lot of the webcams I've seen film at 30 frames per second. I was wondering how that would look compared to something higher.

Anyone have any suggestions? Or is 30 fps good enough?

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 29 2012, 03:46 AM
GMC:er
The Logitech Pro 9000 is a popular choice here, check that out. For recording guitar videos, it should be enough. I believe they're around $50-60.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
spacebran
Feb 29 2012, 04:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 29 2012, 02:46 AM) *
The Logitech Pro 9000 is a popular choice here, check that out. For recording guitar videos, it should be enough. I believe they're around $50-60.

Thanks for the reply!

I did a search prior to posting and saw mention of that one. I'll look into it further.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2012, 08:59 AM
Instructor
When I needed one, everybody here recommended that Logitech, so I bought it and I'm happy with it. I do my Vchats with that webcam.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 29 2012, 12:32 PM
Instructor
I've got a Microsoft HD 5000 LifeCam which is pretty good ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 29 2012, 02:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Logitech c910 good cam and now lets you have audio from other sources than it's stereo mic

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 29 2012, 04:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 29 2012, 03:46 AM) *

+1, excellent results

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Feb 29 2012, 04:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I also followed the advice I found here and am using the Logitech Pro 9000 and am quite happy with it, the autofocus is good and it does the job even in dark places. One thing I noticed thought is that it doesn't record the audio well which is why I use a different software for audio recording.

Now as PosterBoy mentionned above the newer webcam from logitech are the C910/920 pro which can record in 1080p.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 29 2012, 07:22 PM
Instructor
+1 on the Logitech ones, you won't make a mistake there, if you choose some of their middle class HD models.

One thing to know: these cams will eat up CPU cycles if you use recording feature, so it's best to have a good CPU. My advice is: buy, and see how it goes, they are not expensive.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
spacebran
Mar 5 2012, 04:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for all the replies! I think I will go and pick up the logitech pro. I read some reviews on it.

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 29 2012, 06:22 PM) *
+1 on the Logitech ones, you won't make a mistake there, if you choose some of their middle class HD models.

One thing to know: these cams will eat up CPU cycles if you use recording feature, so it's best to have a good CPU. My advice is: buy, and see how it goes, they are not expensive.

Thanks for the tips! I'm a bit of a nerd (that's an understatement!) when it comes to computers and I like to build my own rigs. I'll have no problems with the CPU laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:48 PM