2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Sub Zero - A Metal Guitar Tribute
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 02:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Guys, here's my latest composition. I wrote this about 2 months ago and finally got around to finishing it !

You might noticed that things are tuned a little... lower than usual wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2012, 02:36 PM
GMC Founder
Haha WOW this was amazing! Composition, playing and video was all top notch! I really hope this is the start of your solo career?! biggrin.gif

I am off watching it again!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 5 2012, 01:36 PM) *
Haha WOW this was amazing! Composition, playing and video was all top notch! I really hope this is the start of your solo career?! biggrin.gif

I am off watching it again!

Thank you Kris ! Well, I wouldn't complain if it went viral wink.gif

You can watch me as many times as you like tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jan 5 2012, 02:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
OK, that was brutal.
Seriously, where do you get all these musical ideas from? You are a phrasing machine! I wish I was this creative.
Good technique is one great skill to have but being able to compose and produce all this is completely another world.
Awesome work, Ben. This sounds awesome but besides that, so much can be learned from this composition if paid enough attention.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Jan 5 2012, 01:41 PM) *
OK, that was brutal.
Seriously, where do you get all these musical ideas from? You are a phrasing machine! I wish I was this creative.
Good technique is one great skill to have but being able to compose and produce all this is completely another world.
Awesome work, Ben. This sounds awesome but besides that, so much can be learned from this composition if paid enough attention.

Thank you !! Your kind words are brutal too ! \m/ \m/

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2012, 02:55 PM
GMC Founder
Indeed this was very creative - this video made my day! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2012, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Ey!! This is one of the most fresh instrumental guitar music that I've lately listened to! I love those phrasing and that accelerated sections that makes the piece the perfect Video Game Soundtrack. The video edition is also really cool! Well done my friend! Congrats!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Thanks Guys !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 5 2012, 03:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hail to you Mr. Higgins! Expect some donuts from me for making an awesome song like this biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: Jan 5 2012, 03:41 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (quadrium @ Jan 5 2012, 02:40 PM) *
Hail to you Mr. Higgins! Expect some donuts from me for making an awesome song like this biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Donuts gladly excepted Mr Ozturk !! wink.gif

Guys I discovered something that really upset me.. I uploaded a mono mix to the video instead of the stereo mix sad.gif

I don't want to take the video down and replace it now so I thought maybe the best thing is to have a link in the video information section to the stereo mix so people can here it there. I was also thinking of making it downloadable. What do you guys think ?

Where's the best place to offer this.. itunes or should I just stream it on soundcloud ? Either way, I'll have to make an account for either.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
Jan 5 2012, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 5 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Donuts gladly excepted Mr Ozturk !! wink.gif

Guys I discovered something that really upset me.. I uploaded a mono mix to the video instead of the stereo mix sad.gif

I don't want to take the video down and replace it now so I thought maybe the best thing is to have a link in the video information section to the stereo mix so people can here it there. I was also thinking of making it downloadable. What do you guys think ?

Where's the best place to offer this.. itunes or should I just stream it on soundcloud ? Either way, I'll have to make an account for either.. smile.gif

smile.gif I think open a soundcloud account anyway smile.gif I really like there. You can reach a lot of people smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jan 5 2012, 04:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yeah, it's better to just put a link (and perhaps a video annotation in the original yT video) for the stereo mix.
You're asking us if you should make it downloadable? Isn't the answer obvious? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I only had experience with iTunes, so I can't tell...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 5 2012, 05:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Wow, that blew me away Mr. Mustai...Mr. Higgins wink.gif
This song could be on the next Megadeth album, awesome stuff!

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 07:47 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, I've added the stereo mix to the video info section so you can hear it in all its glory !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 10:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 5 2012, 04:14 PM) *
Wow, that blew me away Mr. Mustai...Mr. Higgins wink.gif
This song could be on the next Megadeth album, awesome stuff!

Christian

Hehe, maybe I should present some songs to Dave and save him some time !! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2012, 10:52 PM
Instructor
Awesome work man, great composition and playing, and video is excellent too! smile.gif Shared it on FB, keeping fingers crossed for as many YT views as possible smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 5 2012, 10:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 5 2012, 09:52 PM) *
Awesome work man, great composition and playing, and video is excellent too! smile.gif Shared it on FB, keeping fingers crossed for as many YT views as possible smile.gif

Ivan you are a legend - thank you !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 6 2012, 02:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Brilliant.... Very Impressive, as usual.

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 17 2012, 10:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Awesome track Ben.

That explorer looks huge on you in some shots!

Did you mime for the video or is that the actual audio take being played?

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 17 2012, 01:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 17 2012, 09:30 AM) *
Awesome track Ben.

That explorer looks huge on you in some shots!

Did you mime for the video or is that the actual audio take being played?

Thanks man.. yeah it is a big guitar wink.gif

I mimed for these takes.. miming is damn difficult sometimes laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:21 AM